• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Bad Lat Injection....Maybe

gashred777

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Fellas,

Looking for some opinions because I know there are a lot of super knowledgeable guys here. Last Thursday (6days ago) my wife gave me a lat injection and I’ve had some small issuers since. The injection was just a small trt/cruise injection of .3 ml of test e. I’ve taken 3 ml in my lats before and had zero issues. When she pushed the needle in (25 gauge 1”) I felt a l out of pressure and some slight pain but I had her finish the injection anyway. After the injection there was no pin though and none the next morning. I noticed the following day that my left lat was swollen at the peak where she did the injection. Since then, the swelling has gone down but not the whole way. I can feel slight pain or irritation when I stretch my lat and it feels harder than my other lat at the peak. There was also a small area of broken blood vessels in the area I noticed Saturday evening. Also, my left pec area right where it connects to armpit was slightly sore when I flexed it.

It could have been the angle I was holding my arm for the injection, the angle she went in, etc.....I know that sometimes there are just bad injections. I’ve been jabbing myself and being jabbed for years. I guess my question is....could she have hit something other than muscle? I know some of you on here have a much more granular knowledge of anatomy than myself and looking for some
Opinions.

Thanks in advance gentlemen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would personally never pin in that area. Have you gained a lot of muscle over the years maybe with the new muscle growth comes more blood veins so you could’ve definitely jab something

Might have nicked a vein and the blood had to go somewhere bro. I’ve had a bad delt shot and the oil or blood actually got all the way down to my elbow. Solid lump all the way down lol

I have pinned in my lat several times, sometimes had a lump/bump, sometimes had pain when stretching, sometimes nothing at all happened and went about my normal day/routine.

Could have hit/nicked something, not sure.

I get lil swelling and knot pretty much anywhere I pin it seems always been like that to me . You prob hit nerves

I always get sore in my lat but do it anyway. Figure i need to give the butt a break every now and then. Also i can easily see the veins in my lats when lifting my arm up or at-least the obvious ones i guess. If you hit a vein you should have noticed immediately, i would say she moved the needle around and banged up some tissue and hit against a nerve ending. If you hit the nerve itself you would feel a little shock. Also if shot is to high you have a tie in on top of lat that goes to bicep could be why your pec feels sore i do the middle to lower and never any issues.

Sounds like it either went through a vein or she moved it around and it hit a nerve. I've hash it happen. Just make sure you don't get a fever

Thanks for all the responses brothers.

So the swelling has gone down a lot but it’s still slightly swollen at the peak and I can feel slight pain if I press on it. It has never been red, no fever or any real pain or loss of mobility. So I’m just going to give it some time and I’m confident it will go down completely. It’s been a week.

I too think it was either a vein that bled into the surrounding tissue, tissue damage from needle movement or a nerve was hit. It felt very unusual when she first went in, kind of a shocking feeling with A LOT of pressure accompanied by some pain. But as I said, as soon as she pulled it out, that all went away completely. It never even hurt the next morning a little like some of the “smooth” injections do. So it was definitely something different that I hadn’t experienced yet. All that said, I think I’m going to avoid my lats for a while or maybe permanently. I’ll rotate between glutes, VG, quads and delts. I have a blast starting in 10 days so I’d like to keep an 8 spot rotation as I’ll be pinning EOD.

Thanks for the replies again

Fellas,

Looking for some opinions because I know there are a lot of super knowledgeable guys here. Last Thursday (6days ago) my wife gave me a lat injection and I’ve had some small issuers since. The injection was just a small trt/cruise injection of .3 ml of test e. I’ve taken 3 ml in my lats before and had zero issues. When she pushed the needle in (25 gauge 1”) I felt a l out of pressure and some slight pain but I had her finish the injection anyway. After the injection there was no pin though and none the next morning. I noticed the following day that my left lat was swollen at the peak where she did the injection. Since then, the swelling has gone down but not the whole way. I can feel slight pain or irritation when I stretch my lat and it feels harder than my other lat at the peak. There was also a small area of broken blood vessels in the area I noticed Saturday evening. Also, my left pec area right where it connects to armpit was slightly sore when I flexed it.

It could have been the angle I was holding my arm for the injection, the angle she went in, etc.....I know that sometimes there are just bad injections. I’ve been jabbing myself and being jabbed for years. I guess my question is....could she have hit something other than muscle? I know some of you on here have a much more granular knowledge of anatomy than myself and looking for some
Opinions.

Thanks in advance gentlemen!

Brother are you an athlete to compete? how many ml´s you shoot per day? why shot on less safe places if you have glutes, ventral glutes , rear lateral and front dels and if needed vastus laterals on legs . Stay away from dangerous places like lats, biceps, calves, traps . The IFBB Pros use that spot´s because the inject more than 3cc every day ( hardcore cycles only for top elite pros ).

Be safe and healthy

IML Gear Cream!
Sounds like your fine bro, sometimes not all the shots are perfect. But as long as its not red, hot to touch, and your feeling good I wouldnt worry about it. Lats are one of my favorite spots. If you push the needle in and feel pain dont continue to push the oil out, pull out the needle and restart.

Thanks for all the responses brothers.

So the swelling has gone down a lot but it’s still slightly swollen at the peak and I can feel slight pain if I press on it. It has never been red, no fever or any real pain or loss of mobility. So I’m just going to give it some time and I’m confident it will go down completely. It’s been a week.

I too think it was either a vein that bled into the surrounding tissue, tissue damage from needle movement or a nerve was hit. It felt very unusual when she first went in, kind of a shocking feeling with A LOT of pressure accompanied by some pain. But as I said, as soon as she pulled it out, that all went away completely. It never even hurt the next morning a little like some of the “smooth” injections do. So it was definitely something different that I hadn’t experienced yet. All that said, I think I’m going to avoid my lats for a while or maybe permanently. I’ll rotate between glutes, VG, quads and delts. I have a blast starting in 10 days so I’d like to keep an 8 spot rotation as I’ll be pinning EOD.

Thanks for the replies again

Sounds like a nerve. I do that a lot. I either have to push it deeper or swap pins and move it it's right at the deepest part of the jab. Still ends up pissed off but it goes away after a few days

Ill do 2.5ml in a lat. it is by far my favorite area

Ill do 2.5ml in a lat. it is by far my favorite area

After this you might want to reconsider..
I've been pinning since 96..scar tissue in some areas..when pinning just about anything can happen..hell it happens by Nurses sometimes..

I'm sure you know the deal but just for the sake
1...is it warm?2..fever?...No Ice...heating pad with a wet washcloth..hot tub or soak. anti inflammatories..
AND if it still bad after all of that...Dr.
An infection in the muscle is bad Mojo

Guess I need more flexibility
I can’t even pretend to pin my last without cramping up.
Actually, it’s probably not flexibility at all.
I’m just fat and unhealthy.

After this you might want to reconsider..
I've been pinning since 96..scar tissue in some areas..when pinning just about anything can happen..hell it happens by Nurses sometimes..

I'm sure you know the deal but just for the sake
1...is it warm?2..fever?...No Ice...heating pad with a wet washcloth..hot tub or soak. anti inflammatories..
AND if it still bad after all of that...Dr.
An infection in the muscle is bad Mojo

was this directed at me? Lol ive never had an issue. I also use 26g 1/2". Scar tissue is not and never has been an issue. Even with 1" 25g for arm enhancements its not bad at all.

And skykilburn88 it helps me to do almost do a hand iver head pose to show the lat and then boom. Easy to see the meat.

Back