• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Not a new member but can someone explain the 'Thanks' buttons under my profile picture

TwoDollarTacos

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Explain it as in, is it common courtesy to say Thanks to people's replies? I've gotten a lot of useful info here from reading through people's threads or even posting my own but I always forget to hit that button. Is it a big deal or does no one really care much about it?

Figured this would be good for new members coming on as well.

The "Thanks" button is used for thanking someone for a post. It adds to reputation points and maxes out eventually. You also can dislike a post and the poster will get negative points. The negative points take away from the total points and will put the poster in "the red". You can also go to the person's profile and see what comments were made as a reason for positive or negative points given.

I wouldn't say that it's a big deal but it is a way for people to show their appreciation or disapproval. Just another way to communicate. Some people don't post at all but use the like button as a way to communicate.

The "Thanks" button is used for thanking someone for a post. It adds to reputation points and maxes out eventually. You also can dislike a post and the poster will get negative points. The negative points take away from the total points and will put the poster in "the red". You can also go to the person's profile and see what comments were made as a reason for positive or negative points given.

I wouldn't say that it's a big deal but it is a way for people to show their appreciation or disapproval. Just another way to communicate. Some people don't post at all but use the like button as a way to communicate.

Now I understand. Thanks for the thorough explanation.

Where's the dislike button though?

Now I understand. Thanks for the thorough explanation.

Where's the dislike button though?

You can’t see it on tapatalk and maybe not on mobile browser either.

But you can see it on desktop view/browser. It’s the star looking icon.

a47134ecb2eac1e8c5f52864c90d2eb4.jpg

Rock On

I didn't know getting "negged " was real. We don't have that button on tapatalk.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Back