• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Any of you guys live near Batesville AR?

I grew up in NYC.
Dunno if that helps.

Been to Arkansas a couple dozen times but do not remember batesville.

As far as weather, very humid in summer and it does snow there. Tornadoes can be an issue.

Very beautiful places, cheap to live there.

Way different lifestyle in the south but that may not be a bad thing depending on what you are looking for.

Been to Arkansas a couple dozen times but do not remember batesville.

As far as weather, very humid in summer and it does snow there. Tornadoes can be an issue.

Very beautiful places, cheap to live there.

Way different lifestyle in the south but that may not be a bad thing depending on what you are looking for.

Yeah its humid but thats what pools are for haha.
We had a home picked out and 3 days before we were to fly out to look at it and it sold. The market is crazy there now. But not like here. Yes I want to get away from the west and east and stay in the middle.

Tornadoes suck and we won't buy a home without a shelter. But a lot of these homes are old AF and you makes you think a 30 year old home that hasn't been hit maybe its not that bad? I dunno we're sick of the politics and want land. We can pay cash for the house and we don't really have to work but need something simple for health insurance. Just feels like it's time to move. Its just hard to find that perfect home.

Yeah its humid but thats what pools are for haha.
We had a home picked out and 3 days before we were to fly out to look at it and it sold. The market is crazy there now. But not like here. Yes I want to get away from the west and east and stay in the middle.

Tornadoes suck and we won't buy a home without a shelter. But a lot of these homes are old AF and you makes you think a 30 year old home that hasn't been hit maybe its not that bad? I dunno we're sick of the politics and want land. We can pay cash for the house and we don't really have to work but need something simple for health insurance. Just feels like it's time to move. Its just hard to find that perfect home.

Sounds like you got the right idea and as far as healthcare you better be working someplace that has health insurance or have a good 500k to pay for it until you are medicare age because I can tell you from experience I am now working for a company that has damn good insurance because I could not afford it even semi retired.

Open market cost for health insurance for me and wife with the silver plan is $36,000 a year.....plus the deductibles.

Do yourself and the wife a favor and be sure to consider that when making this big change in life.

Sounds like you got the right idea and as far as healthcare you better be working someplace that has health insurance or have a good 500k to pay for it until you are medicare age because I can tell you from experience I am now working for a company that has damn good insurance because I could not afford it even semi retired.

Open market cost for health insurance for me and wife with the silver plan is $36,000 a year.....plus the deductibles.

Do yourself and the wife a favor and be sure to consider that when making this big change in life.

Yeah thats why I said a basic job. That way we can work for benefits.

After we lost the first home we wanted I kind of gave up but now the wife is pushing me to get going again and find something else. I swear she sends me 10 homes a day to add to the list but I don't want to settle and building right now is out of the question with material costs.

I live in AR. I use to do a lot of work around Bryant, which is close to there. Housing market is crazy in AR as you now know. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

I live in AR. I use to do a lot of work around Bryant, which is close to there. Housing market is crazy in AR as you now know. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Yeah we really just missed it. Is that a decent area? Thanks!

Yes. It’s. Dry city / county so if you drink you have to drive a good minute to get adult beverages.

Have you thought about Georgia ? It is pretty cheap and you can get a chunk of land for a good price . Depending on what you and the wife like you can be close to the beach or the mountains and there are small towns outside of major cities that are slow and pretty much no crime and still be just a short drive from all the the major stuff that one might need or want .

I wish I lived in Tennessee. Loved Nashville when we visited my step son. Tennessee, Kentucky, or Alaska is only place I want to live, but since I live in Illinois everywhere looks better

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Iowa, Alaska, Texas, Arkansas...... if I were looking, I’d start there.

I'm not very far away in southern missouri. I love this area, but ironically we want to move our kids to a more progressive area. The normal path for kids is not to go to college, and we expect more from them. Trade school or military would be good also. North Arkansas is a very special place, many don't realize how special.

You're not very far from one of the most productive trout fisheries in the nation. If you like outdoor stuff.

Montana and Idaho are at top of my list with Texas a distant third if I where looking to move.

Alaska is my numero uno!

and if the lefties are right... I say Alaska should look similar to Florida in 5 years... tons of untouched lands up there and even tho I don’t mind the cold.... a longer summer would be nice lol

nah but seriously I get hard thinking about running a beef ranch in Alaska. If I could hit the lottery I’d buy 5000 acres and live out my dream! Have the wife and daughter run a steakhouse while my son and I run the cattle ranch.

id be happier than a pig in shit dude

We stay in Fairfield bay fairly often, and its a beautiful area. There are waterfalls everywhere, and lots of ATV and mountain bile trails. We run the boat around Greer's Ferry Lake. The water in the creeks has a really beautiful turquoise green tint to it. If you like the outdoors, its really special. Look at google photos for the Buffalo National River. There is some great class 4 whitewater creeks in the area, if you are in to that sort of thing. If it comes through, I attached a picture of one of the hundreds of waterfalls in the area.

Attachments

• waterfall.jpg
    waterfall.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 12
Back