• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Motivation

Drugsgear

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Have you ever made a break in your training? :coffee:Why? Was it the loss of motivation, burnout, health, other circumstances? :confused:How did you get back to training and what difficulties did you have to overcome?:banghead:

Last edited:
covid closed my gym

Have you ever made a break in your training? :coffee:Why? Was it the loss of motivation, burnout, health, other circumstances? :confused:How did you get back to training and what difficulties did you have to overcome?:banghead:

Many times, I just started working out again a month ago after taking about 4 months off.

On a break right now. Constant pain in lower back and hips. Went from backpacking in the mountains to needing a handicap parking pass in the blink of an eye. Still trying to figure out what the fuck is wrong and how to get it fixed.

I tend to take more time off or lets say find more excuses not to go to gym when Im off....altho I still make it to the gym, its not as much as I would have if was on....but definitely a mental game for me to get re-motivated...covid sure did do a number on me mentally when gyms closed twice!!! ....

covid closed my gym

Sucks. They have some open but even though I have had the vaccine and it is in my bag, people shame each other and....I am glad I built my small room of Pain. I am still collecting equipment as I can. So nice to get home and back to my stuff. I am not waiting for bumper sets and just going to buy as I need but, I do need 100lbs now. Just have maxed out with the 305 and done everything to make harder, so I am hitting one gym early AM for leg day or mid day depending on schedule. I miss all the leg machines. I don’t need them but since I am going to compete this winter and hopefully from then on; I need to have them. I have some fine so far . Even with vaccine and all that, people here just are in that mode that “no mater what bro,’you can get it!” I am thinking, I am fine . It is going to take a long time for normalcy

Max

On a break right now. Constant pain in lower back and hips. Went from backpacking in the mountains to needing a handicap parking pass in the blink of an eye. Still trying to figure out what the fuck is wrong and how to get it fixed.
Sorry to hear that, mate. What do the doctors say? I hope you get well soon and can return to training.

I tend to take more time off or lets say find more excuses not to go to gym when Im off....altho I still make it to the gym, its not as much as I would have if was on....but definitely a mental game for me to get re-motivated...covid sure did do a number on me mentally when gyms closed twice!!! ....
Yeah, covid made life difficult for many and made adjustments to the training regime.

Sucks. They have some open but even though I have had the vaccine and it is in my bag, people shame each other and....I am glad I built my small room of Pain. I am still collecting equipment as I can. So nice to get home and back to my stuff. I am not waiting for bumper sets and just going to buy as I need but, I do need 100lbs now. Just have maxed out with the 305 and done everything to make harder, so I am hitting one gym early AM for leg day or mid day depending on schedule. I miss all the leg machines. I don’t need them but since I am going to compete this winter and hopefully from then on; I need to have them. I have some fine so far . Even with vaccine and all that, people here just are in that mode that “no mater what bro,’you can get it!” I am thinking, I am fine . It is going to take a long time for normalcy

Max
Having your own gym is cool. You do not depend on the circumstances (like covid), you do not need to share with anyone :D

You don't have to go far and shower after your workout at home. Buzz

IML Gear Cream!
Covid fucked my lifting up. Gyms closed here. I tried to do the best with the kettlebells I had, but quickly lost motivation. Even once gyms opened again, I was in this sedentary depressed slump and didn't want to get back. I probably didn't do much besides walking for 5-6 months.

Finally, I just had enough of feeling like crap. I got on a cruise dose, bought some new preworkouts, made some good playlists and just went. It took about a couple weeks to get back in the groove, but I've hit it consistently 5 days a week since then.

I feel much better, strength is back to what it was precovid and fat is coming down. I think doing small things that enhance your workouts help. Snag some new supplements, get some new gym clothes, headphones, new music, even a new training environment.

I have two herniated discs and have been in so much pain that I couldn't do my desk job. Now I don't know what your issue is, but check out Dr. Stuart Mcgill. He completely changed my approach to dealing with my back. Before I was getting adjustments and stretching constantly and just aggravating it further. Since I have focused on building core strength and just playing it smart and my back doesn't bother me much at all. I'm actually deadlifting the heaviest I've ever done (sumo, conventional is just too much stress).

Sorry to hear that, mate. What do the doctors say? I hope you get well soon and can return to training.

Waiting on appointments right now. My insurance sucks and those who accept it are limited.

I have two herniated discs and have been in so much pain that I couldn't do my desk job. Now I don't know what your issue is, but check out Dr. Stuart Mcgill. He completely changed my approach to dealing with my back. Before I was getting adjustments and stretching constantly and just aggravating it further. Since I have focused on building core strength and just playing it smart and my back doesn't bother me much at all. I'm actually deadlifting the heaviest I've ever done (sumo, conventional is just too much stress).

Thanks for the tip. I just looked him up on youtube. I'll watch some of his vids and see what he has to offer.

Covid fucked my lifting up. Gyms closed here. I tried to do the best with the kettlebells I had, but quickly lost motivation. Even once gyms opened again, I was in this sedentary depressed slump and didn't want to get back. I probably didn't do much besides walking for 5-6 months.

Finally, I just had enough of feeling like crap. I got on a cruise dose, bought some new preworkouts, made some good playlists and just went. It took about a couple weeks to get back in the groove, but I've hit it consistently 5 days a week since then.

I feel much better, strength is back to what it was precovid and fat is coming down. I think doing small things that enhance your workouts help. Snag some new supplements, get some new gym clothes, headphones, new music, even a new training environment.
You can set a great example for all those who have lost their motivation and willpower during this pandemic, stay strong, bro.

Waiting on appointments right now. My insurance sucks and those who accept it are limited.

Thanks for the tip. I just looked him up on youtube. I'll watch some of his vids and see what he has to offer.
I hope you will get an opening soon, and the doctor will help you!

Having your own gym is cool. You do not depend on the circumstances (like covid), you do not need to share with anyone :D

You don't have to go far and shower after your workout at home. Buzz

I like that! You just reminded me of all the positives about training at home!

It is very private and quiet or loud ; whatever I want . Plus I can time stuff easily being that I am not driving in 100 deg heat to the gym. Traffic is getting so bad that I can be stuck for 15 min on my own street! Sucks . I am excited to make it even more functional. I just get surprised every time I go to purchase something. They jacked everything up. Makes me want to get a Tonal and rip it outta the wall! Lol .kidding....kinda

Max

Injuries usually kill my spirit.

I like looking good naked but sometimes I convince myself that this lifestyle is really just a waste of time if I’m not using to make money and I get side tracked with other things like music, gardening, motorcycles, building shit, hiking, fishing, kayaking, trail riding, working overtime, the wife’s to do list, doing the whole raising kids thing....

but I still like catching double takes from chics when I’m out and about... and when I mow the yard with my shirt off I want the sexy neighbor bitch to fantasize about me...

so I always come back to it....

soon as my shoulder problem heals up I’m gonna blast off for the first time in well over a year and get my shit together....

that’s what I keep telling myself anyways... just so much to do now that shitty weather (might finally be) over.

Get Shredded!
Injuries usually kill my spirit.

I like looking good naked but sometimes I convince myself that this lifestyle is really just a waste of time if I’m not using to make money and I get side tracked with other things like music, gardening, motorcycles, building shit, hiking, fishing, kayaking, trail riding, working overtime, the wife’s to do list, doing the whole raising kids thing....

but I still like catching double takes from chics when I’m out and about... and when I mow the yard with my shirt off I want the sexy neighbor bitch to fantasize about me...

so I always come back to it....

soon as my shoulder problem heals up I’m gonna blast off for the first time in well over a year and get my shit together....

that’s what I keep telling myself anyways... just so much to do now that shitty weather (might finally be) over.
Maybe you should train less? Spend less time in a gym, so you don't feel burnt out.

Maybe you should train less? Spend less time in a gym, so you don't feel burnt out.

I need to get back in the groove bro. My shoulder was feeling better after a week off but as I prepared this morning to lift before work my shoulder pain came back strong as ever.

it’s disheartening to say the least.... the gym is my therapy, and lord knows I need my therapy.

ugh..... I guess it’s time to starve and get some intense cardio in daily!!!

I need to get back in the groove bro. My shoulder was feeling better after a week off but as I prepared this morning to lift before work my shoulder pain came back strong as ever.

it’s disheartening to say the least.... the gym is my therapy, and lord knows I need my therapy.

ugh..... I guess it’s time to starve and get some intense cardio in daily!!!
Then I misunderstood you bro. Of course, if you can't lift weights right now, doing cardio to keep fit is a good idea.

Back