• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Your all losers and pussies

AR-15

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
And so am I compared to the kids I spent the day with today. I was honored to be ask to spend a little time at Children’s hospital today along side a few retired NFL and NHL players and a couple local celebrities. Nobody super famous but known around here for sure. Anyway we went there for the sole purpose of hopefully doing what we could to brighten up these kids day. Every one of these kids ended up brightening up our days instead. The kids we saw weren’t suppose to have their lights shining that bright as many are terminally ill. Hard to talk about but these kids were absolutely amazing to say the least. Their outlook on life and I guess their human spirit has touched me for life. These kids weren’t depressed. They didn’t whine. They just laughed and carried on like any other kid. I’m not sure how to explain they feeling I left with but it will be a long time before I allow myself to sit around and pout about anything shitty thats happened to me again. Really really put some things into perspective. They are truly winners and legit badasses in my book.

I wanted to add “Fuck you Covid”!!! The kids enjoyed themselves despite all the restrictions. Definitely necessary for them but they acted like nothing effected them. Amazing little people.

And so am I compared to the kids I spent the day with today. I was honored to be ask to spend a little time at Children’s hospital today along side a few retired NFL and NHL players and a couple local celebrities. Nobody super famous but known around here for sure. Anyway we went there for the sole purpose of hopefully doing what we could to brighten up these kids day. Every one of these kids ended up brightening up our days instead. The kids we saw weren’t suppose to have their lights shining that bright as many are terminally ill. Hard to talk about but these kids were absolutely amazing to say the least. Their outlook on life and I guess their human spirit has touched me for life. These kids weren’t depressed. They didn’t whine. They just laughed and carried on like any other kid. I’m not sure how to explain they feeling I left with but it will be a long time before I allow myself to sit around and pout about anything shitty thats happened to me again. Really really put some things into perspective. They are truly winners and legit badasses in my book.

Right on man that’s time well spent, Children’s is a top notch institution in my book. My oldest had a stay there when she was 2 and I was more than impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean , I have spent some time at the Ronald McDonald house in California years ago . It gave me mixed feelings sad for the kids that might not make it and than amazed at their strength for dealing with what the are going through and being happy and than feeling weak for being upset over my issues and problems that don’t compare to anything that they have going on .

I do it at least once a month. Used to be once a week and before that it was everyday on a weekly stretch. So yeah.... I haven’t been depressed since... a big waste of time.... if more people forced themselves to look these kids straight in the eye and purge their inner bullshit.... I swear ... they’d figure it out real quick.

good on you bro. Some of those kids have shitty parents that don’t even show up. I remember this one girl ... Halloween ... terminal. Had no one.... my wife and I were there with my daughter and I noticed she was behind us in the trick or treat line... she was hooked up... lines everywhere and couldn’t manage her candy basket very well... so I told my kiddo that I’d be right behind her but i wanted to help this kid get some candy... I walked her through the line... brought her and her pole full of med lines and her candy bucket back to her room... told her to stay strong and went back to my daughters room. A few hours later one of the nurses came in and gave me a huge hug and told me that she was terminal and here alone and that I was her “hero” for the day for just helping the kid get through the Halloween line...

she didn’t have much longer ... you don’t need to be a celebrity to make a difference .... shit makes me sad beyond belief but it also makes me grateful.... for as bad as you think you have had it.... this girl wasn’t more than 11 years old and she managed to smile for the entire Halloween event...

it puts shit in perspective for sure.

difficult to feel sorry for a lotta folks that are their own worse enemy.

Solid fucking work brothers !!! My hat is off to you for doing a great deed !!

used to volunteer at a homeless shelter for kids that was a life changing time, now I volunteer at the VA crazy that such a large city there is only a handful of people volunteering, imagine if 10% of people actually gave their time to help their community, pretty sure all problems would be handled

IML Gear Cream!
Very cool that you did that. God Bless you and the kids. I always said that if i ever won the big lotteries; I’d give a bulk of it to Children’s Hospitals that I know give all the money to the kids and their families care and housing. Going into a burn unit is something that changed my life, along with horrible cancer that has taken away some of my family young and old.

Max
#fuckcancer

Back