• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

First Cycle: Fucked up My leg after Pinning.

Morakie

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I wrote a post about this about a week ago but I'd like to expand on it and give some updates.

I'm a total virgin to steroids, I decided to to a Test-E only cycle at 400mg/week doing a Pin of 1/2 cc into my Quad. Needle was Sterile, Test vial was wiped clean before drawing. I used a 23g needle, Drew the test and expelled any air before injection. So far so good! (I think).

I wiped the muscle with an alcohol pad then pushed the needle in and slowly injected the 1/2cc into the leg. Everything felt fine.

Next day, Leg is SUPER sore, hard to walk but I shrug it off since people say virgin muscles don't react well.
The following day. My leg is totally useless, Hurts like a mother fucker and has swollen up so much I cant see my kneecap. I go to the ER and tell them exactly what I did, They X-ray it, do an ultrasound and finally just say your fine and gave me a prescription for a anti-inflammatory. Leg is going back to normal but its been about a week and I'm still limping around.

so wtf happened? how do I avoid this again? Should I pin again? Should I use a different muscle? Different gauge like 30g?

My source appears to be legit with reviews on this site and others. not sure If I can name the brand/source but I don't think the product was bad.

What do I do?

My first thing is check for "Floaters" in the vial although infection is ruled out assuming the doctors didn't give you anything to treat an infection and the anti-inflammatory drugs are fixing the problem. Secondly I wouldn't use a 30g as its going to take forever to draw and inject the compound. Personally I use 18g which I know isn't normal and everyone I know personally uses 21g, my point is needle size likely had nothing to do with it. Beyond that I personally don't have any advice as to why you could be having the reaction your having.

My suggestion is don’t pin leg bro. I have the same reaction when pinning legs. It’ll hurt. Try different site like shoulders or glutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first thing is check for "Floaters" in the vial although infection is ruled out assuming the doctors didn't give you anything to treat an infection and the anti-inflammatory drugs are fixing the problem. Secondly I wouldn't use a 30g as its going to take forever to draw and inject the compound. Personally I use 18g which I know isn't normal and everyone I know personally uses 21g, my point is needle size likely had nothing to do with it. Beyond that I personally don't have any advice as to why you could be having the reaction your having.

Agreed with this. I use 21 g to 22 g. If you use 23 g and above you’ll notice it’ll take you a longer time to pin. You’ll have to push super hard just to be able to squeeze the oil in. All the people in here will swear 23 g and above work. I personally don’t think so and I work in the health care field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont pin quads. Lots of nerves and thing could go wrong.. like they did.

Put the needle in your glute. 25g is fine.

I had that happen to me after maybe 20th pin to quad. I never pin the quads after that.

Just stick to glutes and shoulders. Also buy insulin needles 27-30 gauge 1/2” needles and you won’t even feel them go in and get less scar tissue buildup.

Rock On

I had that happen to me after maybe 20th pin to quad. I never pin the quads after that.

Just stick to glutes and shoulders. Also buy insulin needles 27-30 gauge 1/2” needles and you won’t even feel them go in and get less scar tissue buildup.

Rock On

Genuine question, why 1/2 inch? I've always used 1 1/2 inch cause I have always been taught to use 1 1/2 for large muscles and 1 inch for muscles such as shoulders and calves. I hate unnecessary shit so if I can get away with 1/2 inch or even 3/4 inch I want to haha.

Genuine question, why 1/2 inch? I've always used 1 1/2 inch cause I have always been taught to use 1 1/2 for large muscles and 1 inch for muscles such as shoulders and calves. I hate unnecessary shit so if I can get away with 1/2 inch or even 3/4 inch I want to haha.

I’m old school and used 1.5” 18-23 gauge needles which were hard to come by back then. So using the insulin needles and backloading them has been a game changer for me. You don’t need longer than 1/2” unless you are really fat. Lots of videos on YouTube explaining it. I backload 3 pins for the week. I use the detachable 1cc insulin pins 26 gauge to pull the total amount out so I can get precise vs using 3cc.

Rock On

I’m old school and used 1.5” 18-23 gauge needles which were hard to come by back then. So using the insulin needles and backloading them has been a game changer for me. You don’t need longer than 1/2” unless you are really fat. Lots of videos on YouTube explaining it. I backload 3 pins for the week. I use the detachable 1cc insulin pins 26 gauge to pull the total amount out so I can get precise vs using 3cc.

Rock On

No shit that's fucking brilliant and makes total sense.

I forgot to mention with the insulin needles you also have zero waste of our gear left inside. In the 3cc ones you always lose some in the needle. Some use the detachable insulin needles to withdraw and inject but I prefer to still backload and use the insulin needles that are attached cuz the detachable ones still lose about .3 to .5 units of oil inside.

Rock On

IML Gear Cream!
I forgot to mention with the insulin needles you also have zero waste of our gear left inside. In the 3cc ones you always lose some in the needle. Some use the detachable insulin needles to withdraw and inject but I prefer to still backload and use the insulin needles that are attached cuz the detachable ones still lose about .3 to .5 units of oil inside.

Rock On

Yeah I have always noticed that a relevant amount gets stuck in the needle

Are you using 400mg/ml for your first cycle? And you pinned with the same one you drew with?

Personally I love quads. Easiest to see and get to. 1" x 25ga is a nice size for quads. Having said that, I haven't used anything other than a slin in quite a while. Sit down with your leg out straight. Flex your quad and watch it fall. Pin at that meatiest point. Usually high and about 2 o'clock on the outside of right leg, opposite on left.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    6 KB · Views: 38
I like quads too, but never more than 1cc and use slin pins for shallow IM ... I'm pretty low BF% and can see most, if not all of my veins. I'll hit my teardrops with this approach too. I've had some painful 400mg/ml over the years ... it looks like that what the OP used (1/2cc), so guessing that's the bigger factor.

I wrote a post about this about a week ago but I'd like to expand on it and give some updates.

I'm a total virgin to steroids, I decided to to a Test-E only cycle at 400mg/week doing a Pin of 1/2 cc into my Quad. Needle was Sterile, Test vial was wiped clean before drawing. I used a 23g needle, Drew the test and expelled any air before injection. So far so good! (I think).

I wiped the muscle with an alcohol pad then pushed the needle in and slowly injected the 1/2cc into the leg. Everything felt fine.

Next day, Leg is SUPER sore, hard to walk but I shrug it off since people say virgin muscles don't react well.
The following day. My leg is totally useless, Hurts like a mother fucker and has swollen up so much I cant see my kneecap. I go to the ER and tell them exactly what I did, They X-ray it, do an ultrasound and finally just say your fine and gave me a prescription for a anti-inflammatory. Leg is going back to normal but its been about a week and I'm still limping around.

so wtf happened? how do I avoid this again? Should I pin again? Should I use a different muscle? Different gauge like 30g?

My source appears to be legit with reviews on this site and others. not sure If I can name the brand/source but I don't think the product was bad.

What do I do?

Bro if you are beginner and only pinning 1 or 2 times week why chose legs ( always more painful than shoulders or glutes ) . Of course virgin muscle always hurt more . Never use the needle you use to take the oil from vial . You dont need 23g to inject half cc on leg , 25g 1" is more than enough . Pin after hot shower . when this happens again use Thrombocid cream and anti inflamatory medication

Attachments

• thrombocid-gel-100g-free-shipping~2081.jpg
    thrombocid-gel-100g-free-shipping~2081.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 8
  • advil-20-capsulas-liquidas_amp.png
    advil-20-capsulas-liquidas_amp.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 8

What do I do?

Brother check here my article :

http://www.anabolicsteroidforums.com/threads/111199-Understand-PIP-and-what-to-do-to-reduce-it/page2

First of all, u are using a big needle- 25g is fine(however i've always used 23g-1.5 in BD syringes and i've always pinned in my glutes(ass). U are asking for trouble pinning ur legs(in more ways than one). And i know some guys do it, but they are usually more experienced than u. My advice is stick to your glutes. 25g 1 in is fine for almost anywhere(even tho i use 1.5 in, doesn't mean u need too) unless u have a fat ass, then u need the 1.5 in. I use 23g 1.5 in because it's big enough where it gets in deep and it draws and exits the syringe easily(therefore keeping u from straining and shaking and causing pip) Also, not sure if u said, but if u are using 400mg/ ml oil- don't. imo- u should never use over 300mg/ml and preferably 250mg/ml, which is most prevalent anyway. Using high mg/ml is asking for pip anywhere imo. Good Luck! And if u need any advice on anything, feel free to pm me.

Get Shredded!

What do I do?

This has all happened to me before, except going to the doc, as I knew the leg was inflamed and the swelling and pain would subside eventually; which it did, in a week.
I was limping and cursing around just as you.

I use a 1in, 25g to pin quads and delts and a 23g to pin glutes.

The reason my leg swelled up was due to high concentration gear. I have pinned my quads numerous times, I know the proper areas to pin, etc. The only difference this time for me was a 300mg dosed product, very high quality, that I had never tried before. The gear wasn't dirty or contaminated, just for some reason my leg didn't respond well to it.

The next pin with the high dosed gear I tried my glute and yes, it too swelled.

Sometimes it is just the composition of the gear reacting poorly with your body.

Whenever I try a new compound, I now always pin my glute first with half a dose (say .5ml instead of 1ml), just so I can see how I will respond. I would rather have my glute swell up than my damn leg because at least with a swollen glute I can walk around fine, normal movements.......just sitting down sucks, lol.

Whenever I try a new compound, I now always pin my glute first with half a dose (say .5ml instead of 1ml), just so I can see how I will respond. I would rather have my glute swell up than my damn leg because at least with a swollen glute I can walk around fine, normal movements.......just sitting down sucks, lol.

Great advice here.

What do I do?

Hi,

Everyone is different from the others and i have try many times to inject in the quads and all the time no matter the quantity i almost cant move and walk the next day, i would like to use it on quads because its a place easy to pin, most places like shoulders and lats i get huge cramps during the pin.

Choose another place to pin.

Regards,

Problem I tend to see with people pinning the quad is they roll up too high. I honestly stay below 3 o'clock on the quad.
Also length and size of needle plays a big role in the pain. Deeper you get that needle the better. I'd probably stick around 25g to 27g and 1 to 1.25" on length.

FYI, read in here on preloading your syringes for the week. Stay away from that practice. Some oils/blends use EO or O for oil and that is bad for rubber Stoppers. Breaks the rubber down too fast.

If yiu are set on preloading, just load the day prior to injection. Alot safer

I chose Quad because it seemed the easiest. It was right there in front of my face, its a big ass meaty muscle and in the videos I was watching they used Quads. Lesson learned. I'll try glutes next. Sounds the safest.

Problem I tend to see with people pinning the quad is they roll up too high. I honestly stay below 3 o'clock on the quad.
Also length and size of needle plays a big role in the pain. Deeper you get that needle the better. I'd probably stick around 25g to 27g and 1 to 1.25" on length.

FYI, read in here on preloading your syringes for the week. Stay away from that practice. Some oils/blends use EO or O for oil and that is bad for rubber Stoppers. Breaks the rubber down too fast.

If yiu are set on preloading, just load the day prior to injection. Alot safer

Yeah I heard that too about rubber stoppers. I only preload for the week and always store the pin with needle side down and at least 10 units of air from the oil. So that way the oil is not close to touching the rubber stopper.

Rock On

I chose Quad because it seemed the easiest. It was right there in front of my face, its a big ass meaty muscle and in the videos I was watching they used Quads. Lesson learned. I'll try glutes next. Sounds the safest.

Do shoulders too. I never in the past wanted to even attempt it but with the insulin pins you don’t even feel it go in. I switch between glutes and rotate injecting all 3 heads of my shoulders.

Rock On

Back