Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Electric cars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AMA rider View Post
    Ya, don't line up with a Tesla, they are murder from a dig. You won't get em, or you will rip you clutch out ?
    Dont waste your time racing electric lol....one has an engine and the other has a motor .....imo gas is real and electric is fake
    Last edited by twisted; 04-06-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Rep Points

You are missing the fact that when you convert the AC power to DC (so the car can consume it) you lose roughly 20% of the energy. When it's all over they use more fossil fuels than your fuel efficient commuter cars.

But it makes Americans feel good, should take a look at Germanys failed EV world.

Also, for what its worth, they suck at the road course track. Batteries overheat and go into limp mode. Takes a fortune to get one track ready. My Boss 302 does just fine.
    Last edited by Downsouth; 04-06-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    960 Posts
    Rep Points

Wow guys, I never knew the hate on electric ? I don't have one, never did, never will, but the tech is the future. Since the Apollo moon missions ran on hydrogen- electric, the writing was on the wall. Check out

E bikes

Camping

Power tools

E superchargers ( it's here ). Volvo, Audio use them now - Factory

Electric fans - I have mine hooked to ignition power to solonoid for constant cooling with zero HP loss.

Especially back up home power ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]D-Bol does a body good ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Rep Points

Wow guys, I never knew the hate on electric ? I don't have one, never did, never will, but the tech is the future. Since the Apollo moon missions ran on hydrogen- electric, the writing was on the wall. Check out

E bikes

Camping

Power tools

Electric fans - I have mine hooked to ignition power to solonoid for constant cooling with zero HP loss.

I don't hate electric, I make a good living on it and my demand will go up with the shift to more electric.

With that said, powering all cars off of electric when you have no feasible renewable energy is dumb. Fossil fuels make the electricity so you gain nothing and actually lose. Also, lithium ion batteries are very toxic to the environment for a very long time, so let's make more with no plan to recyle/dispose of them? Nah.

I like the technology, I just think it's stupid to force it when it is in all ways worse for the environment, and your pocket.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    960 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Downsouth View Post
    I don't hate electric, I make a good living on it and my demand will go up with the shift to more electric.

With that said, powering all cars off of electric when you have no feasible renewable energy is dumb. Fossil fuels make the electricity so you gain nothing and actually lose. Also, lithium ion batteries are very toxic to the environment for a very long time, so let's make more with no plan to recyle/dispose of them? Nah.

I like the technology, I just think it's stupid to force it when it is in all ways worse for the environment, and your pocket.
    I totally get it. If just say SHTF, I would look for solar, and natural gas wells. Solar would be the easiest of the two ?

You can make hydrogen with a solar panel and water. I really believe tidal electric is next. It's so easy, just wave pool in reverse. I can't believe no one is doing it ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]D-Bol does a body good ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Rep Points

I totally get it. If just say SHTF, I would look for solar, and natural gas wells. Solar would be the easiest of the two ?

You can make hydrogen with a solar panel and water. I really believe tidal electric is next. It's so easy, just wave pool in reverse. I can't believe no one is doing it ?
    The infrastructure for solar is unrealistic as it stands now, the up front cost will be more than fossil fuel and will need replacing by the time you break even. Sun doesn't shine all the time either.

For cars I'd like to see wind catchers ( to generate wind energy as you drive) and using the kinetic energy from the brakes as well. Would only work for the commuter cars.

Fast electrical cars require large amounts of energy. Voltage x amperage =watts and all that. Nothing is free.

I'm a track rat and I get loving the technology, I just don't see it as feasible anytime soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Rep Points

E bikes

Camping

Power tools

Electric tools are cool ....electric cars suck imo ...we will have a place and time when they are used, but when its forced down your throat nah fuck them lol.....engine create the power ..motors need a supply to operate/work ....our fossil/natural gas industry has come a long way as in pollution damn near zero and advancements/improvements are in the works, so zero is very likely and remember thats natural resources....where will all those hazardous batteries be disposed of, electric nuclear power plants will be poppin up in every city and state in order to charge those junk boxes ...last I read radiation cant be cleaned up and is worst for our environment....so whats all rush to make the switch for? .just my .02

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

i own a 1968 ford mustang coupe, restored it myself, and i love to hear those pipes. thought electric cars were gay as well until i saw this one. the Zombie222, 1000hp i think and 1.79 second 0-60mph.

Super duper mod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,606 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime916 View Post
    I just ordered a new C8. Going to put the loudest exhaust on it I can find. Screw these electric cars. I want to hear that exhaust note and that cam lope.
    I have a pretty loud exhaust on my charger and long tubes will me going on next
    Advanced 2.0 the pip hits like a hammer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dungwookie View Post
    i own a 1968 ford mustang coupe, restored it myself, and i love to hear those pipes. thought electric cars were gay as well until i saw this one. the Zombie222, 1000hp i think and 1.79 second 0-60mph.

Have you seen the Ford performance Mach E 1400? AWD 1400 HP race cat, look it up if you haven't, quite impressive. More of a road course car though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Rep Points

Years ago I got contracted at the gigafactory. I watched the production staff closely. I swear thereís blue haired drunk grannies and 20 somethings that are all fucking each other. Anyway the staff are low paid and give 2 shits. I watched them build the battery packs. They string 6í of batteries together and glue a cooling tube in the middle. I couldnít figure out why they had water troughs every until some lady dropped a string. It hissed, popped, and started a small fire. Some dude ran and grabbed it and threw it in the water trough. This thing fell 4 feet and caught fire. Thereís something like 50 strings in one battery pack right under your ass. I think thereís gonna be a lot more car fires eventually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sent from my iFoam using Crackatalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    709 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Admin View Post
    So they donít burn gas but the electricity that is used to charge them comes primarily from burning coal.
    Am I missing something?
    Liberal logic. Thatís like taking the mlb all star game and the millions in revenue for black owned businesses away and moving it and giving it to mainly white owned businesses, in a stand against ďracismĒ at that. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    709 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    Electric cars are for fags ........gay as fuk to drive imo
    From a Prius perspective I totally agree, but that 1700HP gemera with a 2 second 0-60 is pretty insane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dungwookie View Post

How dare a picture of burning rubber/smoking tires be taken of a ELECTRIC powered car ....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Downsouth View Post
    Have you seen the Ford performance Mach E 1400? AWD 1400 HP race cat, look it up if you haven't, quite impressive. More of a road course car though
    Still gay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    709 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime916 View Post
    I just ordered a new C8. Going to put the loudest exhaust on it I can find. Screw these electric cars. I want to hear that exhaust note and that cam lope.
    About to be the proud owner of a camaro lt1, not quite on your level but Iím pretty stoked. Dual mode exhaust sounds pretty good though.