Anyone overcome depression.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Rep Points

Anyone overcome depression.

Having depression sucks! It is a drag to complete tasks. I am afraid to mess with the anti depressants due to the possible sexual side effects and possible long term effects but fuck its been 3 years depressed.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,636 Posts
    Rep Points

everyone has a little depression right now with all this covid bullshit and the political fighting negative news feedback loop.

United States of China
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,039 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Having depression sucks! It is a drag to complete tasks. I am afraid to mess with the anti depressants due to the possible sexual side effects and possible long term effects but fuck its been 3 years depressed.
    Iíve suffered with depression my whole life. Iíve tried drugs like Prozac, but I donít like the side effects. Working out has always been my way of dealing with it.
    PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Rep Points

I found i have to be obsessed with something at all times. Otherwise i go nuts, i try to keep it something somewhat productive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,457 Posts
    Rep Points

Exercise, Psychiatrist and 1,600mg SAMe (i take 800mg) expensive

Max

Always Hungry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points

Personally yes. Suffered depression for almost a decade. Then I found Jesus.

People like to joke about it. But ultimately it's what saved me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,232 Posts
    Rep Points

Bro Iíve been getting my ass kicked by depression since I was a kid. The ONLY reason Iím still here is everything mentioned above. Shit on the drugs all you want but the do work to an extent when combined with intensive therapy. IMO one doesnít work with out the other if your depression is bad enough. By that I mean if itís life threatening to you or others. If you have people in your life that you love and love you back you owe it to them to explore all avenues. Donít complain unless your willing to fight back. Micro dosing of mushrooms also has been shown to offer a lot of promise in that area. Unfortunately the United States is still retarded in this stuff and condemn it like itís Heroin. Do yourself a favor and get into see a good Doc and tell them everything about your depression and concerns. If they are worth anything they will help you get started in something. Your always welcome to PM as I do have a lot of experience in depression unfortunately. Good Luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Rep Points

Depression is shit been suffering it for years now, Im on anti depressants and for the most part they work but I still get the black dog. The wife knows and supports me when shit gets bad. I would suggest forget the stigma on taking anti depressants and get some good psych help, a person what works for you it may take you a few psyches to get the right one.

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    699 Posts
    Rep Points

Depression runs on my motherís side.

My grandpa and my uncle both killed themselves. I donít know if I have the gene or not but I guess I get sad sometime the same as everyone else. My moms and my dad lived entirely different lives growing up and got divorced when I was very young.

My moms father (who killed himself) was an attorney, and his family was really well off. His son (my uncle) had 4 kids and killed himself too. Theyíre my family and I love them but theyíre a bunch of whiners.

My dads family is salt of the earth dairy farmers and coal miners. Nobody had time to be sad in their household.

Iíve always identified with my fatherís side and never allowed my negative emotions to take a hold of me.

I know itís not always as simple as that, but for me it was a matter of allowing yourself to be depressed or to realize that someone always has it worse than you. You either man up and improve your situation or you lay down and give up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,133 Posts
    Rep Points

There's some good advice in this interview. About 4:40 in till after 8 minutes has some advice. If we can just tweek our perception and focus on something other than ourselves can go along was. I personally suffer at times. The last 7 weeks had been really difficult in my life. I switched my focus off my pain and started rebuilding myself thru meditation, affirmations with emotions it has been very helpful. Also try to surround yourself with positive, uplifting, caring people will have a massive impact. We are not alone in our journey of life. It's easy to think that but we aren't.

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,517 Posts
    Rep Points

Staying busy surely helps... and Jesus absolutely saves.

perseverance; itís what makes us human.

I had bouts of it here and there I suppose by after getting and staying on testosterone and watching my kids grow up I canít say that Iíve been down in that hole for sometime now. But my neighbor goes through it bad, she said sheís had it her whole life. Sheís from the Philippines and moved to the states when she was in her late 20ís. Never had kids, husbands dead, her mothers dead.... she got one sister left but doesnít see her often. Sometimes she just cries all day for no reason. This corona lockdown shit made it worse. She takes one of them depression pills like Prozac I think but sheís losing her mental
    sharpness and when she misses doses she says she hallucinates bad.

stay busy, donít allow yourself to get lonely, stay away from booze, open your heart to God, and experiment with low dose psilocybin.... at low dose consistently over a long period of time (maybe a month at first and re-evaluate... remember youíre not trying to trip your balls off just rewire your brain.

Occasionally itís super fun to trip out in the woods by yourself (or with friends/loved ones) ... if you like hiking in nature. Really clears your head. Go fishing or something. The key is to get out of your own head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by E.J.D View Post
    ...focus on something other than ourselves....
    ^^^^^
    This

If I didn't have a daughter to raise, I would have packed it in a long time ago. I even researched the best ways to do it and picked my favorite. All my friends are dead and I'm not interested in finding new ones. Don't have any family left. Wife and I don't talk anymore. Can't imagine I'll be around long after my daughter's grown, gone, and on her own. Looking forward to it actually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,717 Posts
    Rep Points

I have fought depression for years and as a young man I turned to weed and booze to chase those dark demons away as I didn't want to alarm my family about my mental issues. Nowadays I avoid anything that can trigger depression such as stress and even been eating an organic diet. So far I've not fallen back into that deep pit of depression.

Even tried those anti-d's but those made me funkier instead.
    Last edited by MindlessWork; 04-04-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,232 Posts
    Rep Points

Bro I completely understand where your coming from but be careful when referring to people battling depression as whiners. That could be the difference of someone depressed pulling the trigger or not.

Being Sad is not depression and I donít care how tough a person is or grew up if they are suffering from real depression they just canít make it go away cause they donít have time for it. Sorry it just doesnít work that way.

I donít consider myself a big pussy too often and when I get into a ďfunkĒ it literally can and will put me on my ass for weeks at a time. Sometimes Months if left untreated. Doesnít matter what I have to do in life, how itís gonna effect my loved ones, etc. etc. Thereís no willing it to go away. Nobody will ever beat depression. The trick is to limit those ďfunksĒ. The bottom line is that mental health is real and thereís no cure all for it. Best your gonna do is find a way to deal with it. Just my humble opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy01 View Post
    Depression runs on my motherís side.

My grandpa and my uncle both killed themselves. I donít know if I have the gene or not but I guess I get sad sometime the same as everyone else. My moms and my dad lived entirely different lives growing up and got divorced when I was very young.

My moms father (who killed himself) was an attorney, and his family was really well off. His son (my uncle) had 4 kids and killed himself too. Theyíre my family and I love them but theyíre a bunch of whiners.

My dads family is salt of the earth dairy farmers and coal miners. Nobody had time to be sad in their household.

Iíve always identified with my fatherís side and never allowed my negative emotions to take a hold of me.

I know itís not always as simple as that, but for me it was a matter of allowing yourself to be depressed or to realize that someone always has it worse than you. You either man up and improve your situation or you lay down and give up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post
    Exercise, Psychiatrist and 1,600mg SAMe (i take 800mg) expensive

Max
    what brand sam-e do you like? i was going to give it a try.