• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anyone overcome depression.

IML Gear Cream!
You’ve heard a few people talk about the negatives of taking anti depressant drugs, from being on them for decades just to cope and feeing like a zombie. Look into magic mushroom for treating depression. One or two times and you could be cured of the depression. Research it!

I've dealt with it extensively and like a lot of the other guys I personally prefer to steer clear of SSRIs due to the side effects but they absolutely do help and if I ever got suicidal I wouldn't hesitate to seek out medical interventions.

My remedies these days include exercise, healthy diet, a daily routine wherein I do everything at just about the same time each day (discipline equals freedom), and having a high energy dog that requires a lot of attention and physical/mental stimulation. Preferably one that bonds strongly to its owner. Ive had a pit, a rottweiler, and now a Dogo and they've all been lifesavers. They keep me busy enough that I dont have time to mope around and be depressed.

Also, fish oil, GABA, 5-HTP, and vitamin D year round

When my Dad passed I was never the same. They say “time” helps. But time doesn’t make the pain go away, just helps you manage the pain better.

Don’t rely on any drug to make your depression go away. Because when you stop the drug the depression will come back.

Need to learn to push forward, stay as positive as you can, and kill it in the gym.

Instead of thinking in my head “why did he have to go”, I think “hes with me, watching over me, and I’ll make him proud”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here man. When the old man passed depression took on a whole different level and it was never really manageable, if that's the best work to describe it.
Before then I was always able to get a grip on, but after that it was just amplified. Surprisingly some people told me that I held myself together pretty well, I laugh at that because I thought quite the opposite. I'll never wish losing a loved one on anyone, not even my worst enemy, it's a pain that will change a person, forever.

Depression is a very bad thing to have these newer SSRIs are so much better than the older ones and don’t have the side effects like the old ones I’m on a newer one now ans I have no sides much at all ans it doesn’t make me feel like a zombie thank goodness

I just wanted to give all whose posted here that deals with depression ,it’s survivable we just need friends who care snd a very positive outlook

Same here man. When the old man passed depression took on a whole different level and it was never really manageable, if that's the best work to describe it.
Before then I was always able to get a grip on, but after that it was just amplified. Surprisingly some people told me that I held myself together pretty well, I laugh at that because I thought quite the opposite. I'll never wish losing a loved one on anyone, not even my worst enemy, it's a pain that will change a person, forever.

The pain one shows on the outside is very different than what they feel on the inside. I had friends telling me I seemed like I was taking it ok, but only if they were inside my head they would understand.

The pain one shows on the outside is very different than what they feel on the inside. I had friends telling me I seemed like I was taking it ok, but only if they were inside my head they would understand.

You got a point.. I had some members in my family tell me that they were surprised on how well I handled it.
But I was deteriorating on the inside and how could they not notice?
I couldn't eat, I withered away, I did absolutely nothing, then some months later I gained a shit ton of weight. Get people told me I was doing well. Wtf.
I would be at work or even driving down the road and this randomly break down,as quick as it would happen it would go away and then it was back to life again.
Ever since I didn't change a type of movies I watch and what not because my emotions are much different. Believe it or not I can't even watch scary movies or horrors especially slashers, it's like my brain has been completely rewired :/

You got a point.. I had some members in my family tell me that they were surprised on how well I handled it.
But I was deteriorating on the inside and how could they not notice?
I couldn't eat, I withered away, I did absolutely nothing, then some months later I gained a shit ton of weight. Get people told me I was doing well. Wtf.
I would be at work or even driving down the road and this randomly break down,as quick as it would happen it would go away and then it was back to life again.
Ever since I didn't change a type of movies I watch and what not because my emotions are much different. Believe it or not I can't even watch scary movies or horrors especially slashers, it's like my brain has been completely rewired :/

I can relate too well. The entire experience made me a much tougher person, but at times I’ll be watching a drama movie with the wife and it makes me tear up because something in it triggered me to think of my Dad and lit a fire inside me of rage that turned into tears.

Certain songs and certain movies get to me, but as weird as it sounds sometimes I want to feel the pain again to remind me of him.

Our favorite song together was:

Eric Clapton-Layla

I can relate too well. The entire experience made me a much tougher person, but at times I’ll be watching a drama movie with the wife and it makes me tear up because something in it triggered me to think of my Dad and lit a fire inside me of rage that turned into tears.

Certain songs and certain movies get to me, but as weird as it sounds sometimes I want to feel the pain again to remind me of him.

Our favorite song together was:

Eric Clapton-Layla

That's exactly where I'm at, it toughened me up in many ways but at the same time it amplified emotions I've never felt before that are very triggered, especially in a drama movie like you said or even if I watch a video with something that's inspiring, I have more of a sense of awareness if that makes sense. One thing I do remember is during the beginning I recall telling myself I don't ever see an end to this or it ever getting easier, I just remember one day looking back and I realized how far I came and that's when I realized that time was the only thing that helped. I don't remember the process and I don't remember a day waking up and feeling good but I just remember looking back and saying wow what a fucking ride that was.
The entire experience definitely softened me up, in fact I don't like funerals and I avoid them at all cost because of it. I don't do well with death ever since. And I totally 100% understand when you say that you don't mind returning to that state of mind just to remember once again. You can't describe it to people, they have to go through it to understand it. And that's bizarre about Eric Clapton because that song reminds me of my father, because when the live acoustic video came out on VH1 back in the 90s I was staying with my father. And rod stewart, I can't forget rod Stewart either there's another memory Lane.

What an incredible thread that will last forever!
This used to be taboo! Posting on this forum along with kicking ass in the gym helps a lot of guys. They can speak to strangers and that can help a ton! Just letting some weight off of you.
Stuffing it down sure does not work. Bless you all and way to be.

Max

There is so many good post here about depression. Every individual is different. It runs in my family genes and I have also run the wrath....the only thing I'm going to add. There is so many good drugs out there that work. It's a process to find them. It takes a good doctor. I've been in that classification of bed ridden for 2-3 days. Lexapro turned my life around, but still have spurts every once in a while...
Finally after talking to my doctor that I'm still not right, she said let's try Wellbutrin. That drug fixed me....its been close to a year and zero depression!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Get Shredded!
Try getting outside in some sunshine with the weather getting nicer. Maybe watch some comedy or something that makes you laugh.

So true Max. Mental Health as a whole use to be sooo Taboo. I can remember how embarrassed my parents were that I had some “issues” upstairs. Also how worried they were that someone else might find out and how it would make the family look. To this day my father wouldn’t admit his son has Depression and Bi polar # 1. My parents were my world as a kid so that shit use to literally kill me knowing that I let them down. Now a days I tell my kids straight up what I suffer from and what I’m doing to combat it. All this type of open discussion about mental health issues is what has helped people understand it takes a bigger man to admit it and take it head on than it does to try and hide it. I’m constantly posting the suicide hotline # at the gym I go to as well as a bunch of other crisis numbers Incase some kid or adult is struggling with depression and doesn’t know where to turn. I’m certainly not ashamed anymore. I firmly believe it’s a disease just like any other and some people like me just can’t will it to go away. I’ve needed help and continue to need help every day whether it’s from another human being or meds. I now realize I owe it to certain people not to try and hide it but to fight it everyday no matter what it takes.

What an incredible thread that will last forever!
This used to be taboo! Posting on this forum along with kicking ass in the gym helps a lot of guys. They can speak to strangers and that can help a ton! Just letting some weight off of you.
Stuffing it down sure does not work. Bless you all and way to be.

Max

So true Max. Mental Health as a whole use to be sooo Taboo. I can remember how embarrassed my parents were that I had some “issues” upstairs. Also how worried they were that someone else might find out and how it would make the family look. To this day my father wouldn’t admit his son has Depression and Bi polar # 1. My parents were my world as a kid so that shit use to literally kill me knowing that I let them down. Now a days I tell my kids straight up what I suffer from and what I’m doing to combat it. All this type of open discussion about mental health issues is what has helped people understand it takes a bigger man to admit it and take it head on than it does to try and hide it. I’m constantly posting the suicide hotline # at the gym I go to as well as a bunch of other crisis numbers Incase some kid or adult is struggling with depression and doesn’t know where to turn. I’m certainly not ashamed anymore. I firmly believe it’s a disease just like any other and some people like me just can’t will it to go away. I’ve needed help and continue to need help every day whether it’s from another human being or meds. I now realize I owe it to certain people not to try and hide it but to fight it everyday no matter what it takes.

Well we are in a golden age of medicine and technology which helps. Even parents in their 40’s have old school thinking. My grands and parents have changed for the better for sure. Part of depression/mental illness is the overwhelming guilt and shame for every little thing. The best thing I tell others is to go to a psychiatrist; take classes , learn whatever you can. And lastly; Love and take care of yourself first (over everybody else or you cannot be the man or woman for your family. When you do good and feel good; it spreads and makes everyone not worry about you. (You = anyone)

Max

Depression absolutely sucks and it varies from person to person which makes it hard to treat. For some it comes and goes in waves, without notice or reason. Or for others its a constant battle with a moderate level of constant depressive symptoms. Having a really good therapist and psychiatrist can make a world of a difference, especially ones that are actually paying attention to you and treating you on an personal level. Personally, i've had some of my best results with Zoloft and a good therapist. I've tried a good amount of SSRI's and some other anti-depressants which mixed results, Zoloft was one that really pulled me out of dark time filled with anxiety, panic attacks and depression. Depression runs in both my mother and fathers side of the family, with my father himself having it, along with addiction as well. I would gladly give up an arm or leg to switch brains with a normal person. I sometimes wonder if I was raised in a different country or time era, if I would be happier then/there. I think I would of preferred a simpler way of life. I do think anti-depressants are probably over prescribed, people should first see a therapist and take action with steps to improve their lives. If that isn't helping, thats when medicine should be added in. I think we forget or take for granted how insanely fast the world around us has evolved, especially with the introduction of the internet age, cell phones, social media and the ever increasing technology at our fingertip. Our monkey brains haven't had the slightest chance to account for the amount of over stimulation taking place. I really think this is a big factor for the rise in depression and other mental illnesses that have been on the rise. Its a new age we've been entering and it will take a while before we fully understand the effects it has on us. Luckily I grew up in the early days of the internet and video games, so I still played with my friends outside growing up. Flip phones started to become popular during my early high school years, Facebook started popping off in my senior year of high school. Its crazy to see how drastically the world has changed as I grew up watching it. I grew up memorizing my friends home numbers to call them to hang out, now it just can shoot a text/call under their name in my phone. Dial up internet would take 1-5 minutes to load a webpage, now its done in a second or less. The ability to stimulate our dopamine receptors with our computers, cell phones and games has been fine tuned with so much research on what keeps us coming back and clicking.

Last edited:
Yes, I lived a life full of violence, and depression. Drugs made it worse. You become your own worst enemy. I am in a great place today. Despite that, I still talk to a councilor once a month because it helps me sort through my issues. I do not care what anybody thinks about it anymore. I embrace the madness, like the macho man.... Even the crazies can rise to the top, like the cream of the crop, OOHHHHHH YEAHHHH....

To put it in perspective, I knew physical, mental, and sexual abuse as a young lad. My mother even treated me as a female until some family members had an intervention. I never got dressed up as a girl but you can imagine it messed me up somewhat. I probably overcompensated but fuck it. My mother and I rarely speak these days. Doubt that will change. She can never admit she was wrong. Blames me for being an addict (been clean since 2012 btw)and refuses to admit the crimes she did. At least my alcoholic abusive old man, got sober and apologized and admitted he did wrong for beating the shit out of me at least once a week. When he died we were at peace. In fact he pulled me back from the abyss of my own addictions and poor choices in life. I wish he was alive to see me graduate from College. The first male in my family to do so....

Failure can be a great teacher, experience of any kind even negatives one can mold you into a good man. Never forget that, and always keep hope alive my brothers. \

I think there is no one-size-fits-all solution. The thing is that the causes of depression can be different, which means that the solution must be different. It is best to consult a psychologist, it seems to me. To find out the reason and understand what needs to be done to solve it.

If you have a true chemical imbalance of some kind, you need meds IMO.

Psychologist said this once.... depression stems from lack of family, lack of friends, lack of work, addiction, or physical problem.

He said if you have 3 of these, you are practically unhelpable.

Fortunately, you can probably change all those things for the better.

Ppl are angry bc they feel hurt. They feel hurt bc they feel victimized. Sometimes “feeling” victimized is a lie we tell ourselves.

Sometimes we have to let go. Replaying past events of our lives like a movie reel serve to keep these memories alive. A “victim” will do this bc they identify themselves with it.

And if they let go of the past memory, their victimized identity goes away too.

It’s time to let go brothers. Live in this moment. Bc it’s all you really have...

yea i have no family, or friends. I was fine when i had a girlfriend but after we broke up i had no one to speak to and i started to become depressed for the first time in my life.

I was on a date friday, felt great just to talk to someone. Like when i spoke with her my depression symptoms subsided. We walked back to my apartment and she kissed me, i could have invited her up to my apartment for a drink or something but i just was to depressed and couldnt bother. So i just said goodbye. I just had no motivation.

Also it does not help that i am on tren and cannot feel anything with a condom especially on tren so i wouldnt be able to cum even if i did fuck her. I had a girlfriend that was on bith control for 2 years and rawdogged her and cummed in minutes so now with a condom i feel nothing. i can fuck for 30 minutes and not cum (with a condom because girls wont let me rawdog them most of time).

wish i had more money too. im insecure with my small apartment. girls will judge you for it. lets be real here.

maybe will try meds but my depression i think is just from lack of friends or family as i interact with no one.

Psychologist said this once.... depression stems from lack of family, lack of friends, lack of work, addiction, or physical problem.

Ppl are angry bc they feel hurt. They feel hurt bc they feel victimized. Sometimes “feeling” victimized is a lie we tell ourselves.

Sometimes we have to let go. Replaying past events of our lives like a movie reel serve to keep these memories alive. A “victim” will do this bc they identify themselves with it.

It’s time to let go brothers. Live in this moment. Bc it’s all you really have...

More than just meds though. Many depressed people need a counselor or therapist. Without that, they can not really contribute to society.

yea i have no family, or friends. I was fine when i had a girlfriend but after we broke up i had no one to speak to and i started to become depressed for the first time in my life.

I was on a date friday, felt great just to talk to someone. Like when i spoke with her my depression symptoms subsided. We walked back to my apartment and she kissed me, i could have invited her up to my apartment for a drink or something but i just was to depressed and couldnt bother. So i just said goodbye. I just had no motivation.

Also it does not help that i am on tren and cannot feel anything with a condom especially on tren so i wouldnt be able to cum even if i did fuck her. I had a girlfriend that was on bith control for 2 years and rawdogged her and cummed in minutes so now with a condom i feel nothing. i can fuck for 30 minutes and not cum (with a condom because girls wont let me rawdog them most of time).

wish i had more money too. im insecure with my small apartment. girls will judge you for it. lets be real here.

maybe will try meds but my depression i think is just from lack of friends or family as i interact with no one.

I don’t think your depressed (clinically speaking) ... you got the blues, you’re lonely ... you’re down in the dumps bro. Just keep your head up and move on. Go do something socially. Travel... find a more satisfying job... one where you are around people or something.

you don’t need meds or anything bro.

plus tren. It can mess with prolactin and give ya some of those nandrolone type head fucks.

IML Gear Cream!
Oh shit, I didnt look at War's post. Fuck yeah man, tren will have your ass on an emotional rollercoaster. Angry, mad, sad, happy, energized, pissed, all at the same time any one at any time.
I don’t think your depressed (clinically speaking) ... you got the blues, you’re lonely ... you’re down in the dumps bro. Just keep your head up and move on. Go do something socially. Travel... find a more satisfying job... one where you are around people or something.

you don’t need meds or anything bro.

plus tren. It can mess with prolactin and give ya some of those nandrolone type head fucks.

You think you can convince your wife to let you 'talk to' a sex worker?
I didnt watch the entire video but I gotta say Id be fucked like that first guy too if my wife passed.
Im older now, Im not ugly but Im not a model and while I do have money, I dont waste it, so the dating scene would likely kick my ass.
Tren is not a friend if your head is not in the right place.

And something else to consider...there's all kinds of sex workers. Sometimes just someone to talk to can make a huge difference. Check this video:

Last edited:
PS, that sex worker in the video, if I had 3 hours with her I would try to nut at least 4 to 6 times. Maybe use that caverject or whatever keeps your dick hard for forever and keep going until it feels like it will fall off.
Then I would have her spoon me and rub my back while I spilled my guts about all my issues.

Last edited:
I have started last week to wean myself off meds after 5 or 6 years on them, 100mg[h=2]Desvenlafaxine anti depressant, more for anxiety which lead to me blowing up. I want to be free, I may have some bouts of negative thoughts but have coping mechanisms now that I can use. [/h]

Listen to your heart. I know it sounds cliche but seriously.... just be you and stop trying to live up to expectations that you think exist for yourself.... cuz they don’t.

the I don’t give a fuck it all works out in the end attitude works most of the time.

but my other advice works too. Just don’t brood so much that the ones that’ve fought with you turncoat.

Yeah, what Milf said. You are the author and narrator of your life. Only you can write a happy or sad ending. Only you decide if your life is a success or failure. Be kind to yourself bro ...

Find a hobby and devote all of your energy into it...that’s what I do. Weight lifting has always been a great coping mechanism .

Back