• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Legs

Mski0311

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
For those who have those hard to grow legs what have you noticed works best for combating that in terms of how many times trained a week, how much volume per workout, and what workouts stimulated the most growth?

For those who have those hard to grow legs what have you noticed works best for combating that in terms of how many times trained a week, how much volume per workout, and what workouts stimulated the most growth?
Sorry bro. Don't know what you are talking about I have to train upper body twice as hard just to keep up.

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk

My legs didn’t start growing until I started squatting consistently and multiple times a week. I would squat Tuesday, front squat on Thursday, and then squat again on Friday just switch it up from what I did Tuesday as far as reps/weight are concerned. Obviously, use common sense. If you’re sore, then either take a day off or take it easy and focus on ancillary movements. Try a powerlifting program. Your legs won’t have a choice but to grow.

If you wanna put that ??? Over in my q&a thread I'll give my 2 cents in video

UNCLE Z REP

WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

Hit the Q&A log. He answers on Youtube and has definitely improved his legs while bulking(in think)lol

Max

Honestly just doing more sets of squatting. Don't worry so much about weight, just pyramid up 5-6 sets of 8-10 reps. Also, don't do the conventional wide stance that mostly works glutes. Use a shoulder width or as close of a stance as you can comfortably do.

Honestly just doing more sets of squatting. Don't worry so much about weight, just pyramid up 5-6 sets of 8-10 reps. Also, don't do the conventional wide stance that mostly works glutes. Use a shoulder width or as close of a stance as you can comfortably do.
Typically good reco BUT seems long legged people and "hard gainers" a) have a hard time squatting that way and b) can't help but to be posterior chain dominant I.e. squat with glutes, hips, hams. IM NOT SAYING DONT SQUAT THO!!!

UNCLE Z REP

Typically good reco BUT seems long legged people and "hard gainers" a) have a hard time squatting that way and b) can't help but to be posterior chain dominant I.e. squat with glutes, hips, hams. IM NOT SAYING DONT SQUAT THO!!!

UNCLE Z REP

I agree here. I can't narrow squat with depth without having some pressure or pain on my knees

I agree here. I can't narrow squat with depth without having some pressure or pain on my knees

If u would like to. Try a plate under heels and use a manta ray if available or go as "high bar" as you possibly can

UNCLE Z REP

If u would like to. Try a plate under heels and use a manta ray if available or go as "high bar" as you possibly can

UNCLE Z REP

I use adidas powerlift 3.1 for this very reason. It has 0.6 inch hard heel. High bar topples me forward. I used to do high bar before. Low bar helps me acheive depth better.

IML Gear Cream!
I use adidas powerlift 3.1 for this very reason. It has 0.6 inch hard heel. High bar topples me forward. I used to do high bar before. Low bar helps me acheive depth better.

i have a pair of Adidas lifting shoes too.

UNCLE Z REP

UNCLE Z REP

Best investment ever. 60 dollar shoe saved my life.

I invested in a 250 dollar reebok legacy lifters with 1 inch heel. The first day I hit heavy squats. It somehow raised the blood pressure in my eye balls so much during the rep that my right eye has floaters now. Permanently. Moved back to the Adidas and have meter been happier.

UNCLE Z REP

Reebok here. I have to carry extra shoes(cardio); because you immediately want them off ...super heavy but simulate that. I can hit the floor w my Butt, not that anyone should do it. I have never had knee issues unless I am on a Chairlift Snowboarding ’n

Max

Best investment ever. 60 dollar shoe saved my life.

I invested in a 250 dollar reebok legacy lifters with 1 inch heel. The first day I hit heavy squats. It somehow raised the blood pressure in my eye balls so much during the rep that my right eye has floaters now. Permanently. Moved back to the Adidas and have meter been happier.

Jesus Christ lol. How damn heavy? Bout tip over or something? Thats what the wife paid for mine, 60

UNCLE Z REP

Reebok here. I have to carry extra shoes(cardio); because you immediately want them off ...super heavy but simulate that. I can hit the floor w my Butt, not that anyone should do it. I have never had knee issues unless I am on a Chairlift Snowboarding ’n

Max
Love love love mine

UNCLE Z REP

Jesus Christ lol. How damn heavy? Bout tip over or something? Thats what the wife paid for mine, 60

UNCLE Z REP

572 lbs. Larry wheel's Warmup but heavy for us gym boys.
My wife doesn't know I paid 250 for a reebok shoe she thinks its like 30 bucks

572 lbs. Larry wheel's Warmup but heavy for us gym boys.
My wife doesn't know I paid 250 for a reebok shoe she thinks its like 30 bucks

Uh yea its heavy. Shit more than I deadlift

UNCLE Z REP

Never heard of em. Guess im behind lol

UNCLE Z REP

Adidas 3.1
99c4aeb11d7c0cce956edf9d33acb9b1.jpg

I wore em out. Have different shoes/boots/thongs for any type of thing. I never wore Otomix ...??

Max

Yea I got those in blue i meant the jack purcells

UNCLE Z REP

Oh. They are like Made by Converse , just a bit more cushion. I rip regular Converse and Vans so I get “eee” or “ee”. Hence why I bought Reebok (lifting). My feet and hands are wide AF. Jack Purcell was a Canadian Badminton Champion 1929-1930 , died 1991. Converse realized Prof Badminton used wood for their court, similar to basketball. So they made Jack Purcells(the Air Jordan of my GGdad’s time)

They run wider and 1/2 to 1 size bigger , also more comfortable. Very similar just last longer in my case. I have had over 25 pairs, didnt wear many of them except neutral colors.

Apparently, people in the US and Canada enjoyed sports a ton and it meant a lot about pride . Now, it is $$ and Vegas/NJ /offshore bets (billions) just March Madness averages around $8 billion in bets.

Max

I would like to say hight volume less weight 2 times a week, but much like my entire body my legs suck as much as everything else. I do know only doing legs once doesn’t do much for me and i dont go real heavy cause im to paranoid about high blood pressure and knee and back strain. I guess overall i have to do twice a week to feel decent, but then again my body sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id would like to hear your thoughts on that as well. Did he ever throw it in the Q and A thread?

UNCLE Z REP

I hear ya bro!

If you absolutely can't squat with a medium or close stance for what ever reason, then do what you can, but if you're just mimicking others and squatting wide, when you are able to squat closer I think they're doing their quads a disservice. Though I suppose you can activate your quads more with ancillary exercises later on, I feel it's just so much more effective if you can hammer your quads with closer stance squats the way Tom Platz did.

That's interesting, I actually get that feeling when I try to squat wide. It just feels so unnatural for me. When I go shoulder width or closer it feels natural and I'm stronger. Perhaps we both just have mobility issues?

I hear ya bro!

If you absolutely can't squat with a medium or close stance for what ever reason, then do what you can, but if you're just mimicking others and squatting wide, when you are able to squat closer I think they're doing their quads a disservice. Though I suppose you can activate your quads more with ancillary exercises later on, I feel it's just so much more effective if you can hammer your quads with closer stance squats the way Tom Platz did.
I could not agree more!!

UNCLE Z REP

That's interesting, I actually get that feeling when I try to squat wide. It just feels so unnatural for me. When I go shoulder width or closer it feels natural and I'm stronger. Perhaps we both just have mobility issues?
Probably. I have long legs.

Sorry bro. Don't know what you are talking about I have to train upper body twice as hard just to keep up.

Hahaha that's awesome man! Must be nice lol.

Back