• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Legs

IML Gear Cream!
I would like to say hight volume less weight 2 times a week, but much like my entire body my legs suck as much as everything else. I do know only doing legs once doesn’t do much for me and i dont go real heavy cause im to paranoid about high blood pressure and knee and back strain. I guess overall i have to do twice a week to feel decent, but then again my body sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate your info man. I def. Saw nothing at once a week. Seeing some gains from twice a week and at the volume I do not sure I could properly heal fast enough to do 3 times which makes me wonder if I dropped volume per workout but did 3 workouts a week would it stimulate more growth or not.

My legs didn’t start growing until I started squatting consistently and multiple times a week. I would squat Tuesday, front squat on Thursday, and then squat again on Friday just switch it up from what I did Tuesday as far as reps/weight are concerned. Obviously, use common sense. If you’re sore, then either take a day off or take it easy and focus on ancillary movements. Try a powerlifting program. Your legs won’t have a choice but to grow.
Thanks! I appreciate that for sure and may look into a powerlifting program. As I said to another guy I do legs twice a week and at the volume I do per workout I dont think I could heal completely fast enough to make it 3 times a week. So I'm left to wonder would dropping the volume per workout and increasing workouts to 3 per week be more effective for growth. Or would I just be accomplishing the same results, but doing things differently.

Thanks! I appreciate that for sure and may look into a powerlifting program. As I said to another guy I do legs twice a week and at the volume I do per workout I dont think I could heal completely fast enough to make it 3 times a week. So I'm left to wonder would dropping the volume per workout and increasing workouts to 3 per week be more effective for growth. Or would I just be accomplishing the same results, but doing things differently.

So the important thing about volume to remember is that if you’re doing a ton of volume, the question you should be asking is “am I truly pushing the weights and lifting heavy enough to trigger the growth reaction in my muscles?” Because you can do all the leg presses, all the leg extentions and leg curls in the world, but if you aren’t squatting heavy, getting in that intensity of the compound movements like RDL’s and squat variations, then your legs simply aren’t going to be the best they can. Just my 2 cents from my experience. I was not gifted with size anywhere on my body, I wasn’t born with great genetics and muscles that responded easy to lifting, I just had to work my ass off and really eat to get the results I’ve gotten. There’s a lot of good information here from these guys, but some of them (as they’ve stated) didn’t have much difficulty building their legs. Just keep that in mind when considering advice.

So the important thing about volume to remember is that if you’re doing a ton of volume, the question you should be asking is “am I truly pushing the weights and lifting heavy enough to trigger the growth reaction in my muscles?” Because you can do all the leg presses, all the leg extentions and leg curls in the world, but if you aren’t squatting heavy, getting in that intensity of the compound movements like RDL’s and squat variations, then your legs simply aren’t going to be the best they can. Just my 2 cents from my experience. I was not gifted with size anywhere on my body, I wasn’t born with great genetics and muscles that responded easy to lifting, I just had to work my ass off and really eat to get the results I’ve gotten. There’s a lot of good information here from these guys, but some of them (as they’ve stated) didn’t have much difficulty building their legs. Just keep that in mind when considering advice.

This guys a beast some solid advice right here!! Go check out his log you’ll see what I’m saying lol

Definitely love this info. I try and stay away from the genetically gifted peoples advice everything they do works and they dont need to work hard or smart.

- - - Updated - - -

This guys a beast some solid advice right here!! Go check out his log you’ll see what I’m saying lol
Agreed and will do!

Fuck man, means the world coming from you, thanks a lot
It's great, so far being here people are awesome and very quick to tell you whose else is awesome and to who to listen to. Looks like your one of them brother! Look forward to your advice!!

Back