• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Spinach life hack

Catman2020

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just thought i would let everyone in on a little hack. I know spinach is pretty much a superfood that everyone should be eating but i cant do it. It tastes like shit when its cooked and slimy anyway i have tried cooking it with other food and its nasty. Now i drink it about everyday. The only way i have found that it is tasteless is with orange juice don’t know why but its the only juice i have tried that is virtually tasteless. Its like your having a glass of pulpy oj. I mix about 16 oz /240 calories with 3-5 cups of baby spinach in a ninja. I try to drink about a shake or 2 a day. Easy way to get it down if your like me and even my kids will drink it give it a try it will surprise you.
dbfb0568cf694f8676996e6b8f1e4547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great.

I tried this in my blender and the problem is we still have chunks in it. So you are literally chewing the spinach while you drink.

However I have not tried with OJ. But I will based on your post.

In my 20s when I was competing, I would boil tuna fish. Drain and cool it and then blend in Hawaiian Punch. Sounds awful right? Can't taste the tuna.

Years later my training Partner Poundstone invented his 'chicken shake" , which was Milk and Chicken. He only did this after I told him about my Tuna Shake. I feel like I influenced him LOL

Lol i gotta try that tuna shake, and no with my blender its more like pulp just drink it seems like it needs 16 oz and yea only juice you cant taste spinach

This is great.

I tried this in my blender and the problem is we still have chunks in it. So you are literally chewing the spinach while you drink.

However I have not tried with OJ. But I will based on your post.

In my 20s when I was competing, I would boil tuna fish. Drain and cool it and then blend in Hawaiian Punch. Sounds awful right? Can't taste the tuna.

Years later my training Partner Poundstone invented his 'chicken shake" , which was Milk and Chicken. He only did this after I told him about my Tuna Shake. I feel like I influenced him LOL

Ha! I’ve done chicken in the blender but never tuna I will give that a try with the Hawaiian Punch. I may even add some of catman’s spinach!

I have used Spinach in my protein shakes, if you mix it in the blender with berries or a banana you won’t taste the Spinach, the drink will be green though.

I had a Vitamix now a Ninja. Both mix the spinach up so fine its less than pulp and tasteless with my Choco fudge protein powder, milk, a banana and blueberry/strawberries.

1 full stock of Asparagus added to the above you still can't taste the vegies and Asparagus cleanses the liver and prevents bowel cancer.

1 small carrot in the above is pretty mild taste-wise too.

I tried broccoli, now that's awful in a shake ;-p

How much asparagus you think it takes a day to make a significant difference.

There are no life-threatening side effects of eating too much asparagus, but there may be some uncomfortable side effects such as gas, and a noticeable smell to the urine. Your girlie won't like going down there either ;-)

A standard serving size is 1/2 cup of pieces or 6 medium spears, which is about 90 grams or 3 ounces cooked. For only 20 calories, you get a lot of nutrients!

So one spear per shake, 3xED gets me half a serving. I then eat Aspargus with the whole family 2 - 3x a week for dinner, 4 - 6 spears roasted with garlic n olive oil in my air fryer for 7 minutes. Lil cracked pepper and a dash of sea salt.

Asparagus contains the chemical asparagine, and it is an alkaloid that directly affects the cells and breaks down fat. This helps reduce bowl cancer risks and may help with fat loss. It also contains a chemical that helps remove waste from the body, which in turns helps reduce fat level.

Cancer Prevention

Asparagus contains quercetin and kaempferol, which are plant-based substances called flavonoids. They're both antioxidants that fight inflammation-related diseases. They also have the ability to prevent cancer by inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, but they’re not easily absorbed, so researchers continue to explore how to maximize their potential. In spite of low bioavailability, women who consumed more kaempferol from dietary sources had a 40 percent lower rate of ovarian cancer compared to women who consumed the least amount, according to research published in the November 2007 issue of the “International Journal of Cancer.”

Back