• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Consumption of information

Drugsgear

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
In our time, reading books comes to an oblivion: people has already gotten used to consuming gigabytes of information faster and faster.:loser: The demand for the level of content and information is increasing, we are also becoming very picky. But is it good?:confused: How much can you miss at this pace? What do you think of it? And what was the last book you’ve read?:hmm:

It's been years since I sat down and read an entire book. Last good read I had was this one:

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers

"One of the funniest and most unusual books of the year....Gross, educational, and unexpectedly sidesplitting."―Entertainment Weekly

Last books I read cover to cover was The Dichotomy of Leadership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
Extreme Ownership by the same authors.
Then going back a few years was Harrington on Cash games volume 1-2 by Dan Harrington and Bill Robertie

I prefer audiobooks personally. I've finished 5 of them over the last 4 months

In our time, reading books comes to an oblivion: people has already gotten used to consuming gigabytes of information faster and faster.:loser: The demand for the level of content and information is increasing, we are also becoming very picky. But is it good?:confused: How much can you miss at this pace? What do you think of it? And what was the last book you’ve read?:hmm:

Unfortunately a lot of the gigabytes of information we consume is complete garbage like sensational news stories or just social media shit. Reading is good but I really do think that film has replaced it on some level. Just think of all of the paragraphs In novels that serve no purpose other than trying to establish an image in your mind of the setting. Although they’re beautifully written in many cases, film can save a lot of time in that respect. I’m a huge movie buff although I really don’t keep up with the latest and greatest. Just like print, there is a lot of shit movie content out there.

I think the last book I read was “Brave New World” but I don’t think I finished it, I’ve always had a problem with getting right to the end and then putting it down and not picking it back up. I have a copy of “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep”, which is the novel that Blade Runner was based on, but I still haven’t read it, I need to. I’ve read “In Cold Blood” a few times.

Although books are long winded and require more patience than films, they usually tell a much more complete story. I read “Shutter Island” before the movie ever came out and the book was much better than the film. It’s a Martin Scorsese film too so that says something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the 48 laws of Power and Art Of Seduction by Robert Greene

Also one of the last books I read was City Of Thieves

I don't have time to read, let alone breathe.

The only things I really read lately are Pubmed studies and articles, and of course supplement, endocrinology and the the like studies.

I read about 8-10 hours every day. Its my hobby. Mostly science, current events, finance and religious content.

Reading The Grapes of Wrath for the first time right now. Steinbeck.

Mein Kampf - Adolph Hitler

pretty good read.....

Mein Kampf - Adolph Hitler

pretty good read.....
When I was younger. Hitlers reach and power amazed me. I got my hands on a copy of that book and thought it to be so bland. Not what I expected. He might of been good in front of a crowd. But the hype in a crowd is much different than solo in your reading corner. Don't think he considered this.

Once heard that when he was arrested. He was spewing his propaganda in cell and someone said shut the fuck up. Write a book. If u have to but shut the fuck up already.. So he did.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I do audiobooks at work. It's a 10 hour shift. So I do my first 2 hours with music and the other 8 are for my Books. I usually aim for 30+ hour books. In hopes. One can carry me through most of the week. Currently doing a Shelby Foote Civil War book that's 54 hours. A bit boring as it's more informative than story like.

Get ur read on

Non Fiction:
“Think Like A Monk” by Jay Shetty (mental)
“Lifespan” by David Sinclair (drug/supplement research)

Cooking/Diet:
“The Bodybuilding Paleo Cookbook” Jason Farley
“Unbelievabowls” Kelsey Preciado
“The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook” by America’s Test Kitchen
“Dr Sebi Meal Prep Cookbook”

Fiction:
“American Gods” by Niel Gaiman
Great Writer(Bad Ass!)
“Subterranean” James Rollins (good read)

Max

the last book I read, I read to my daughter. The 5000 Year Leap. A must read for every patriotic American.

Unfortunately a lot of the gigabytes of information we consume is complete garbage like sensational news stories or just social media shit. Reading is good but I really do think that film has replaced it on some level. Just think of all of the paragraphs In novels that serve no purpose other than trying to establish an image in your mind of the setting. Although they’re beautifully written in many cases, film can save a lot of time in that respect. I’m a huge movie buff although I really don’t keep up with the latest and greatest. Just like print, there is a lot of shit movie content out there.

I think the last book I read was “Brave New World” but I don’t think I finished it, I’ve always had a problem with getting right to the end and then putting it down and not picking it back up. I have a copy of “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep”, which is the novel that Blade Runner was based on, but I still haven’t read it, I need to. I’ve read “In Cold Blood” a few times.

Although books are long winded and require more patience than films, they usually tell a much more complete story. I read “Shutter Island” before the movie ever came out and the book was much better than the film. It’s a Martin Scorsese film too so that says something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I completely agree with you, watching movies and TV shows can really save time compared to reading a book. I also prefer to watch movies, I would say I even love to watch movies. But not all books are staged. In addition, reading has its advantages that the film lacks.

I read about 8-10 hours every day. Its my hobby. Mostly science, current events, finance and religious content.
Wow. It's a lot. It's even hard for me to imagine. It's great that you enjoy reading and you have the opportunity to spend so much time doing this.

When I was younger. Hitlers reach and power amazed me. I got my hands on a copy of that book and thought it to be so bland. Not what I expected. He might of been good in front of a crowd. But the hype in a crowd is much different than solo in your reading corner. Don't think he considered this.

Once heard that when he was arrested. He was spewing his propaganda in cell and someone said shut the fuck up. Write a book. If u have to but shut the fuck up already.. So he did.

Cool if it's true. interesting fact, I didn't know about it.

I do audiobooks at work. It's a 10 hour shift. So I do my first 2 hours with music and the other 8 are for my Books. I usually aim for 30+ hour books. In hopes. One can carry me through most of the week. Currently doing a Shelby Foote Civil War book that's 54 hours. A bit boring as it's more informative than story like.

Get ur read on

Yes, nowadays many people use audiobooks, as this is a more convenient option in the modern world. But personally, I cannot concentrate while listening, my thoughts wonder off constantly, and when I "come to my senses", then I need to rewind and look for a moment where I "passed out"

Non Fiction:
“Think Like A Monk” by Jay Shetty (mental)
“Lifespan” by David Sinclair (drug/supplement research)

Cooking/Diet:
“The Bodybuilding Paleo Cookbook” Jason Farley
“Unbelievabowls” Kelsey Preciado
“The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook” by America’s Test Kitchen
“Dr Sebi Meal Prep Cookbook”

Fiction:
“American Gods” by Niel Gaiman
Great Writer(Bad Ass!)
“Subterranean” James Rollins (good read)

Max
Great list)

I watched the American Gods TV series, I really liked it. It would be interesting to compare with the book.

Great list)

I watched the American Gods TV series, I really liked it. It would be interesting to compare with the book.

I heard it wasn’t so good but IDK. The book(writer) is just completely different than any other author, he stands out in his own mental league of creativity. Just thought the book was great . One book series that actually did the books justice was the: Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon.

Max

"All of nature is a continuous struggle of strengths and weaknesses...an eternal victory for the strong over the weak...one is either a hammer or an anvil...and I must confess that it is my purpose to prepare the german people for the role of the hammer"

The quote above is from Mein Kampf,..it was required reading for an undergrad course I took in 1977...the quote has stuck with me over the past 44 years..

Back