• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Combining carbs and fats in the same meal

Naathaan

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've been hearing a lot about how combining carbs and fats in the same meals should be avoided if you want to limit fat gain. Been wanting to hear from some of the vets about this. Do you combine carbs and fats in the same meals or do you try to limit one of them? Have you noticed any difference in how easy it is to stay lean when following or not following this rule? Personally I try not to combine them but I can't confidently say it makes a huge difference. Please discuss, interested in your guys' experience.

Doesn’t matter at all. It literally comes down calories. Your body can’t make something from nothing and calorie is simply a measure of energy. You either store or use it. Anybody who tells you any different doesn’t understand simple thermodynamics. Honestly just whatever is easiest for you to be consistent with.

Doesn’t matter at all. It literally comes down calories. Your body can’t make something from nothing and calorie is simply a measure of energy. You either store or use it. Anybody who tells you any different doesn’t understand simple thermodynamics. Honestly just whatever is easiest for you to be consistent with.

^^^This is the bottom line truth.^^^

BUT, Atkins and Keto work off the fact that absent of simple sugars/starches your body can not store animal fat consumed without carbs in your system. Your body MUST use carbs to convert animal fat to human fat (over-simplification) pre-storage.

My best experience with scheduling carbs has been fruit carbs in my shakes am thru pre-wo with flax, veggies, high protein. Post-wo highest carb meal like brown rice but I drink 12 ounce chocolate milk at the dollar store next to gym on my walk home for 420 sugary calories inhaled 5 minutes after workout. After 20 min walk home I eat pasta with chix, or oatmeal with raisins, or maybe brown rice n tuna? Variety helps.
I back off on carbs after dinner, last shake will only have low carb veggie like Asparagus or low carb fruit like blueberries 40 - 50 grams mixed protein

Last edited:
I've personally been a calories in and calories out guy for a long time. If my calorie intake is where it should be and I eat clean it's never seemed to matter that my fats were being consumed with my carbs.

Back