• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

PSL logger

trainwreck74

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
PSL log about to begin ...
Not the road to nationals because I’m not jacked as fuck like Killion...but prepping for a few spring and fall shows this year. I’ve trained many clients but never took the stage myself. This is the first show for me before I’m too old to do it. First spring show is in 6 weeks... then two more follow. I’m not sure I’ll be lean enough but I’m certainly putting in the work to make it happen!!
Abridged version about me. I’m 5’11” and was 282 lbs 8.8% bf( Jan ) I’m 46 years old and Natty until 40. I’ve Always been an athlete , 15 years of rugby and 5 years of Greco Roman freestyle wrestling. However I’ve had a shit ton of medical issues along the way ( meningitis 14 times and 16 major surgeries) but you can’t live in a rubber room so here I am pushing through.
Back story on prep .. started cutting in Jan but should have started in dec. ( forward thinking.) I had a lot more visceral fat in January than the pinch could detect but wasn’t a bad place to start. The first pic I’ll show is progress from Jan 19th 282 lbs to March 22nd @ 255lbs. 6.8%bf. Need it much much lower. Trying to hold mass while on Deficit diet.
My diet for now, severe Caloric restriction because I’m trying to cut stubborn fat and get very low bf in 6 weeks. I carb cycle: Monday and Friday 85g carb: 360g protein : 20g Fat / Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday 25g carbs. / Thursday and Sunday no carbs.
45 min fasted cardio each day and 30-45 min before my weight training or a Medcon afterwards. Depends on energy levels. .
I’m drinking 1-1/2 to 2 gallons of water a day.
If I miss something in this log or you are just curious, please ask or let me know. I never Max anymore because I had a Intraventricular peritoneal shunt placed in 2016. I’m not weak by any stretch but my weights are adjusted accordingly.
I know that was a lot of information and it’s boring as hell to read but I wanted to answer some questions that many of the vets will want to know… There are a shit ton of good dudes out there very knowledgeable and I’ll gladly listen to any advice somebody’s willing to give. I look forward to hearing what the community has to say because like I said I’ve got a tremendous amount of respect for many guys out there, and I’ve been on the asf forum since 2014.
And last but not Least I would like to extend a shout out to vision, and PSL. You’ve been a standup guy for years and definitely an MVP on the boards in my book… PSL is solid gear and I am excited to log for them. Couldn’t ask for a better duo.
Thanks for the opportunity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23ab442893307a5e45e57b0987f690d4.jpg

65380c02493636a967ed30597ac56f32.jpg

Good luck brother. What are you planning on running?

Good luck brother. What are you planning on running?

last week
600 test blend ( prop, cyp, E)
400 tren ( 200 ace, 200 e) switching it out to all ace
400 mast
75 winny
75 Anavar
50 proviron
Letro every third day
Caber 1mg week cut into two doses.
I dropped EQ and NPP two weeks ago

Sub, have fun train wreck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sub, have fun train wreck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s the point Bro.. right? I know you Feel the same way. Work for sure but that’s just part of the fun

Here was Today’s workout
LEGS

Safety squat bar
3 x 10: 225-285-315
2x5: 365-405
1x 20: 315
Between the first 5 sets I did lunges. ( 3 ways ten reps each leg )
Forward; lateral, diagonal

Hack squat free weight platform.
1x 10 with 12 plates
1x10 with 14 plates
1x8 with 16 plates.

Super set leg extension and seated leg curl. ( no rest until set complete, 30 seconds rest. Water bro!;)
Extensions
10@100
10@110
10@120
10@130
Curls
40@115

Laying leg curl machine / air squats
3x20 reps at 115
3x40 reps touch and go air squats.
No rest until complete.

Seated calves (120lbs free weight )
3x25
Standing calf raises 4 different positions. (Body weight ) 15 reps each
Single leg
Both legs toes straight
Duck foot
Pigeon foot

Cardio (Liss)
Stair mill 20 min brisk pace
Tread mill
30 min : 3.4 mph 6.0 degree incline every two min stop and do 40-air squats

Fasted cardio when I woke.
45 min brisk walk on treadmill 3.4x6 degrees
Every 5 min 30 air squats 10 squat jumps as high as possible

Here was Today’s workout
LEGS

Safety squat bar
3 x 10: 225-285-315
2x5: 365-405
1x 20: 315
Between the first 5 sets I did lunges. ( 3 ways ten reps each leg )
Forward; lateral, diagonal

Hack squat free weight platform.
1x 10 with 12 plates
1x10 with 14 plates
1x8 with 16 plates.

Super set leg extension and seated leg curl. ( no rest until set complete, 30 seconds rest. Water bro!;)
Extensions
10@100
10@110
10@120
10@130
Curls
40@115

Laying leg curl machine / air squats
3x20 reps at 115
3x40 reps touch and go air squats.
No rest until complete.

Seated calves (120lbs free weight )
3x25
Standing calf raises 4 different positions. (Body weight ) 15 reps each
Single leg
Both legs toes straight
Duck foot
Pigeon foot

Cardio (Liss)
Stair mill 20 min brisk pace
Tread mill
30 min : 3.4 mph 6.0 degree incline every two min stop and do 40-air squats

Fasted cardio when I woke.
45 min brisk walk on treadmill 3.4x6 degrees
Every 5 min 30 air squats 10 squat jumps as high as possible

Following. Nice workout, you are a big mofo! Great job. Crazy that you were natty til 40yrs old! It is rare these days, but completely awesome! You really look great, especially@ 282!! My cuz is 6’3” and wishes he had some of that weight, lol. He is stuck at 238. Good Luck and so it begins...

Max

IML Gear Cream!
Following. Nice workout, you are a big mofo! Great job. Crazy that you were natty til 40yrs old! It is rare these days, but completely awesome! You really look great, especially@ 282!! My cuz is 6’3” and wishes he had some of that weight, lol. He is stuck at 238. Good Luck and so it begins...

Max

Don’t be too hard on yourself about weight because I think that the toughest mofos I’ve ever met were about 225… And I don’t think those guys can be hurt. 238 is a damn respectable number my friend. I wish I had your height;). Thanks for the follow and the kind words my friend

Don’t be too hard on yourself about weight because I think that the toughest mofos I’ve ever met were about 225… And I don’t think those guys can be hurt. 238 is a damn respectable number my friend. I wish I had your height;). Thanks for the follow and the kind words my friend

Anytime ! I get just as excited for other members as much as my own. Saw the switch to pure Ace.., I like it! Kick ass

Max

Anytime ! I get just as excited for other members as much as my own. Saw the switch to pure Ace.., I like it! Kick ass

Max

Thanks bro and I’m with ya. I love seeing other people crush it and reach for goals.

last week
600 test blend ( prop, cyp, E)
400 tren ( 200 ace, 200 e) switching it out to all ace
400 mast
75 winny
75 Anavar
50 proviron
Letro every third day
Caber 1mg week cut into two doses.
I dropped EQ and NPP two weeks ago

Following brother. Best of luck.

Max

He's absolutely massive. And for a boy that big, if he gets a hold of your hips, you're done. That's a lot of dude right there to latch on to someone.

Subbed in brotha! Excited to see the end result. Are using a coach?

Subbed in brotha! Excited to see the end result. Are using a coach?

I do have a coach, he’s damn good and a pro so walks the walk. We have similar body type So that helps tremendously. Right now he’s drilling into me all the poses. He recognizes that although I’m really good at elegant violence, like rugby, elegance by itself is nowhere to be found. I’m like Derek Zoolander, all it would take is a quarter turn to the left and I’m out

He's absolutely massive. And for a boy that big, if he gets a hold of your hips, you're done. That's a lot of dude right there to latch on to someone.

Thanks Vision... i’m not sure if you were talking about me or Max because at6’3” 240 pounds he’s not somebody I would poke a stick at without expecting to get punched in the mouth. . but I’ll most certainly take the compliment.

Tonight‘s work.
45 minutes of fasted cardio every second minute doing air squats times 30 and after the 30 minute mark I started doing squat jumps instead of air squats times 20… As high as I could jump. And even though I’m a white boy I have a pretty damn big vertical so my shit was flying.
Three hours later I return to the gym for my workout… Another 40 minutes of cardio and then I did upper back tonight with posing in between.
A lot of band work to warm up… I’m super OCD about warming up my shoulders and rotator cuff anytime I am doing back shoulder or chest… After my warm-up I started with a little bit of Tabata.

Tabata- 10 seconds on 20 seconds off. @170lbs
I was able to get 12-14 for the first half. And by the end struggling for 7 reps ;).
Next I did the same thing only this time I used narrow reverse grip and at 190 pounds.
Same thing I would get about 10 to 12 reps on the first series in the beginning but by the end I was struggling for seven.

After my lats were nice and engorged I spent about about 10 minutes of posing holding it for 20 to 30 seconds on each pose. Harder than it looks. Crazy hard.
Next I went to a dumbbell incline bench here this is where I like to lay facing it at about a 40° angle and I use dumbbells to do High Plains mostly focusing on my traps but a little bit on the rhomboid scapula area. And then went to the flat bench did a single arm pull. For each side. Then rested about 45 seconds and repeat.
1 @90 lb x 12 reps incline pull
1@115lb x 10 reps flat single arm pull ( rest repeat x 5

Next… I did a two exercise Series with five sets of those two exercises. First one was a straight arm lat pull down. The second was face pull with really high with elbows focusing on rear delts and traps. Both done with a rope and at Mac weight 150lbs.
Pulldown 150lbs 12 reps and held it
Face pull 150lbs 10 reps. 30 decide rest and repeat.
X 5 sets.
Another five minute session of poses focusing on the big muscle groups and locking them down as much as possible.

short metcon For additional cardio
10 toes to bar
15 burpees
20 mountain climbers.
As fast as you can. 5 sets.
Really have a love hate relationship with metcons

I finished my work out for the day with foam rolling and lots of stretching including another love-hate relationship with the lacrosse ball to the lower hips. It sucks much ass but works really really well.

Thanks Vision... i’m not sure if you were talking about me or Max because at6’3” 240 pounds he’s not somebody I would poke a stick at without expecting to get punched in the mouth. . but I’ll most certainly take the compliment.

Lol. Vision was talking to you! I am 5’ 9” 228. My cousin is 6’3” @ under 240, he definitely has me on reach but our builds are quite different. It was most definitely a compliment to what you have accomplished in a short time. You made me lmao with the Derek Zoolander reference
giphy.gif

Max

Get Shredded!

That was definitely aimed at you my brother, and you're a lot of dude, someone would have a hell of a time trying to get under your hips. A single leg to high crotch ain't happening there, you'll put them in a cartwheel toss haha!

True that ... that’s the danger zone for sure!

Tonight’s work… Chesticle
45 minutes of fasted cardio on the treadmill and stair mill every three minutes doing 30 air squats or 20 explosion Jumps.

Warm up
band work hitting all the rotator cuff muscles series of slider push-ups 20 reps ( harder than it looks)
Two sets of 40 reps at 135 lbs on the incline.

The work
Flat bench 225 LBS… Tabata. 10 sec on 20 sec off. 15 sets total
10 to 12 reps on the first nine sets…
Sets -10-13. 8 reps
Sets 14/15. 7 reps and failure.
Next I went to the incline bench on the smith machine it did the same thing at 225lbs
Tabata. 10 sec on 20 sec off
Sets 1-7 12 reps
Sets 8-10: 9 reps
Sets 10-12: 7 reps and complete failure on last set
Cable fly’s / dips.
12 reps fly’s at 100 lbs each arm
15 dips
4 sets. 30 seconds rest between sets.
Hammer strength incline press.
5 sets of 15 reps : 2 plates each side
Fly machine between sets. ( max weight 130lbs)
1 min between sets
Max push-ups with yoga blocks (76 without stopping)
Stretch chest using wood dowel.
2 min later. 50 push-ups. Then 10 negatives taking 10 seconds from raised position to floor. 2 min later. Repeat.
Stretch with dowel
Abs.
4 exercises repeated 3 x .
Toes to bar - 10 reps
Rotating crunches -20 reps
Bicycle 12 reps
Server incline sit up - 10 rep

30 min brisk walk on treadmill at 4mph-6 degrees.

Some hard ass work on the Flat Bench !!

Max

Some hard ass work on the Flat Bench !!

Max

Thanks buddy .. Tabata is no joke. I know it’s a little overboard volume wise but I need to stay healthy while keeping my muscle bellies full. Plus I’m old as shit and it takes a number of sets before I feel good and strong. Being old sucks. I’m always open to opinions on what someone else would do at this stage. I should also add that I am always been big on muscular endurance and volume.

Thanks buddy .. Tabata is no joke. I know it’s a little overboard volume wise but I need to stay healthy while keeping my muscle bellies full. Plus I’m old as shit and it takes a number of sets before I feel good and strong. Being old sucks. I’m always open to opinions on what someone else would do at this stage. I should also add that I am always been big on muscular endurance and volume.

No, it’s great! I just had someone do 10 sets yesterday ! Coincidence ! Choosing sets/reps/tempo/placement/volume is completely varied by ....well everything. Tabata is definitely no Joko!! Cheers!

Max
Always following

Tonight’s work… Chesticle
45 minutes of fasted cardio on the treadmill and stair mill every three minutes doing 30 air squats or 20 explosion Jumps.

Warm up
band work hitting all the rotator cuff muscles series of slider push-ups 20 reps ( harder than it looks)
Two sets of 40 reps at 135 lbs on the incline.

The work
Flat bench 225 LBS… Tabata. 10 sec on 20 sec off. 15 sets total
10 to 12 reps on the first nine sets…
Sets -10-13. 8 reps
Sets 14/15. 7 reps and failure.
Next I went to the incline bench on the smith machine it did the same thing at 225lbs
Tabata. 10 sec on 20 sec off
Sets 1-7 12 reps
Sets 8-10: 9 reps
Sets 10-12: 7 reps and complete failure on last set
Cable fly’s / dips.
12 reps fly’s at 100 lbs each arm
15 dips
4 sets. 30 seconds rest between sets.
Hammer strength incline press.
5 sets of 15 reps : 2 plates each side
Fly machine between sets. ( max weight 130lbs)
1 min between sets
Max push-ups with yoga blocks (76 without stopping)
Stretch chest using wood dowel.
2 min later. 50 push-ups. Then 10 negatives taking 10 seconds from raised position to floor. 2 min later. Repeat.
Stretch with dowel
Abs.
4 exercises repeated 3 x .
Toes to bar - 10 reps
Rotating crunches -20 reps
Bicycle 12 reps
Server incline sit up - 10 rep

30 min brisk walk on treadmill at 4mph-6 degrees.

Man you destroyed chest last night, geez you'll feel that for a full week of more.

Man you destroyed chest last night, geez you'll feel that for a full week of more.

No idea how I had the energy for it but thanks. I don’t have many high volume days left before I get too close to the show so I figured tear it up now while I can ...

No, it’s great! I just had someone do 10 sets yesterday ! Coincidence ! Choosing sets/reps/tempo/placement/volume is completely varied by ....well everything. Tabata is definitely no Joko!! Cheers!

Max
Always following

It’s nice to hear you say that because I tell pipe all the time you can do the same lifts and just change the tempo, order , or rest periods and have a completely different workout.

It’s nice to hear you say that because I tell pipe all the time you can do the same lifts and just change the tempo, order , or rest periods and have a completely different workout.

That is 100% true. I do put my full strength or stamina(depending); into my lifts! I realized early on, I could change my growth using a lot lighter weight by using a slow tempo: basically a 225 bench press would trick my muscles into being a 335lbs, or a 75lb ez curl would be like 135lbs; just by going at a new tempo. I was training a female athlete today and I taught her some of my tricks today. Changing hand placement(close/near/inward/outward/reverse/neutral)or foot and toe (stance/positions/direction. That right there can make 100 new exercises for a person! That is not even counting changing up total volume or hitting a certain total thousands of lbs. I do my exact protocol until something stops working; which may be in 8 weeks or 8 months! Just depends on your actual goal and/or target.
I used to train at a neighborhood playground(I had no gym to go to at the time, was visiting one of my older brothers at his university with my cousin who bodybuilds, we were there for 6weeks). So we basically were doing push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups, dips, abs/calves, but having my older, bigger cousin with me and we could provide each other w assistance or resistance, and did all kinds of variations. It taught me a ton! When I flew back home(summertime); everyone in my family was shocked at how much muscle I put on and cut AF! At the time, I never really did a lot of manual bodyweight exercises having always a gym w everything since I was 12. Definitely was a life changing time time because it showed me how to target certain muscles and areas of the larger muscles and also to use chainbelts/accessories@ the gym. I kind of relieved that when the pandemic first hit.

Max
#getit

Back