• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

PSL logger

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks Max.
I train legs twice a week. The first is usually higher weight and lower reps. Strength. The second is massive volume. I can’t even lift my leg to get into my Jeep when I leave the gym. That’s how I know it was a good leg day!!

I’ve told this story before but; I did a crazy workouts on legs and I too have a Jeep (85’ Lifted CJ7) , I literally had to call a friend to pick me up and I left my phone (no Lyft or Uber), it also was 5:20am ! So I definitely know how you feel. It sucked! I got my self in but when trying to push the clutch, my legs wouldn’t work! Crazy ! I’ve had it happen too with upper body; I literally couldn’t reach to put my seatbelt on or lift my arms to the wheel! (Shoulder drop set day)which I took literally and did each Isolated dumbbell raise to absolute failure-going down the rack until I had the 2.5lb baby weights.

I always say, “Never Again!”, but maybe once e2weeks or once a month I do my exact training but I will do - all negatives(if I have a partner) or Tri sets,Giant, super or compound sets, burns, just something to mix it up. Too funny though, keep it up! I can only hope my longevity in this sport/lifestyle lasts well in my 70s. Sadly, my grandma can out work me!! She does 3hrs of total exercise daily - 1hr dog walk, 1hr serious yoga(all styles) and compound lifting 3 days and small muscles 2 days. She can squat a pair of 35’s for her 3rd set ! I got her into it when I’d visit for the summers from Age 12. She had legs better than most 20 year old girls’. Crazy !

Max

I’ve told this story before but; I did a crazy workouts on legs and I too have a Jeep (85’ Lifted CJ7) , I literally had to call a friend to pick me up and I left my phone (no Lyft or Uber), it also was 5:20am ! So I definitely know how you feel. It sucked! I got my self in but when trying to push the clutch, my legs wouldn’t work! Crazy ! I’ve had it happen too with upper body; I literally couldn’t reach to put my seatbelt on or lift my arms to the wheel! (Shoulder drop set day)which I took literally and did each Isolated dumbbell raise to absolute failure-going down the rack until I had the 2.5lb baby weights.

I always say, “Never Again!”, but maybe once e2weeks or once a month I do my exact training but I will do - all negatives(if I have a partner) or Tri sets,Giant, super or compound sets, burns, just something to mix it up. Too funny though, keep it up! I can only hope my longevity in this sport/lifestyle lasts well in my 70s. Sadly, my grandma can out work me!! She does 3hrs of total exercise daily - 1hr dog walk, 1hr serious yoga(all styles) and compound lifting 3 days and small muscles 2 days. She can squat a pair of 35’s for her 3rd set ! I got her into it when I’d visit for the summers from Age 12. She had legs better than most 20 year old girls’. Crazy !

Max

That’s bad ass about your grandma. Until recently mine was a damn tank too! I remember arm wrestling her when I was twelve because she was a beast. Last year snowed like a mofo here s few times, I woke up early to go to her house and shovel only to find my 85 year old Gramdma sitting on the porch drinking coffee and the half acre of sidewalks snd two driveways completely finished. She’s a damn workhorse. Offered me breakfast for stopping by. Haha.

That’s bad ass about your grandma. Until recently mine was a damn tank too! I remember arm wrestling her when I was twelve because she was a beast. Last year snowed like a mofo here s few times, I woke up early to go to her house and shovel only to find my 85 year old Gramdma sitting on the porch drinking coffee and the half acre of sidewalks snd two driveways completely finished. She’s a damn workhorse. Offered me breakfast for stopping by. Haha.

So cool! We are lucky to have/had a great family

Max

Monday
Cardio
30 min interval on treadmill

Warm up 3x through
*Toes to bar 10 reps
*Lunge complex ( front, lateral, diagonal ) 10 reps each leg each exercise.
*Thrusters x 10 reps
*Bullfrog complex ( 3 movements each leg each side -6 total) 10 reps each movement
*Touch and go feet together bw squats on 12” box 30 reps
*Band good mornings 10 reps

Giant set 4 rounds
Front squat
185@10 reps 225@ 10 reps 225@10 reps 285@10 reps
Romanian deadlift 10 reps 10 sec to lower bar 185lbs (4)
Lateral lunges x 10 each side

Giant set 4 rounds
Safety squat ass to grass
185@10/ 225@10 reps/ 275@10 reps / 325@ 8 reps / 375@8 reps
Toes to bar 8 reps
Band good mornings 10 reps
Touch and go air squats 12” box 25 reps

Super set 5 sets box squats (14” box)
Low bar squat
225@10 reps / 275@10 reps / 325@8 reps/ 375@8 reps/ 425@ 5 reps
Leg curls with sliders
10 reps

20 min LiSS cardio

Stretch and foam roller.
Super tight hips and glutes today.

Friday
Cardio
45 min LiSS

Warm up
Lunge complex - 10 reps each
Front
Rear
Diagonal
Lateral
V-ups with slider -8 reps
Bullfrog complex
3 moments / both sides
10 reps each movement -each side
Toes to bar 10 reps
Plank 30 sec hold each
Front/side/front/other side
Bulgarian squats. 10 reps

Low bar squat
6x10 5 seconds down, hold at bottom for 1/ 1 second up 315lbs
Deadlift
225lbs
6x10. Focus on eccentric load. 10 sec down hold at bottom and return

Front squat
5x5
225 lbs ass to grass
Laying leg curl
110 lbs 15 reps

Leg extension
600 reps total (300 each)
Single leg alternating 25 reps add 5 lbs until fail. Repeat until 300 reps each leg

Leg curls
Single leg alternating kneeling leg curl machine
15 reps each leg until 19 sets completed.

Step ups with 135 lb barbell. (Cardio too!)
20 each keg.
3 sets. 1 min rest between.

Stair mill 15 min.
Stretch like a cramped up man I am. Foam roller
Walked in saw workout and left

So last week ended up being kind of a shit show… I had a good work out Monday and Tuesday but I got forced into quarantine for the remainder of the week because of exposure… I would love to rant about the bullshit involved with all that but I don’t feel like this is a time or place to do it… Let’s just say I’m less than happy about the way this shit works especially when it completely interrupts my life financially and at the gym, only to get a negative test result seven days after exposure.

Today’s work. Finally released back to the world.
Monday.
Am fasted cardio
45 minutes on the treadmill interval training

Monday p.m.
cardio 30 minutes interval training on the treadmill

Warm up. 3 rounds
Lunge complex 10 Reps each leg each angle
Front(walking) lateral, diagonal
Band good mornings 10 reps
Toes to bar 8 reps
Bullfrog complex ( 3 movements each leg each side ) 10 reps each
V-ups with slider 8 reps
Air squats 30 reps

Hack squat machine
5 plates each side -20 reps
6 plates each side - 15 reps
8 plates each side - 10 reps
10 plates each side - 10 reps

Super set 3 rounds
Safety squat bar
225x 12 reps ass to grass hold at bottom of last set
Kneeling unilateral leg curl machine
75lbs 15 reps each leg (2x)
Scissor jumps on smith machine
135lbs 15 reps
Toes to bar 8 reps

8 rounds 30 reps of air squats in between each set
Low bar squat
225x 10
1-1/2 rep pauses. ( down to bottom and home for 3 sec, up halfway back down to bottom all the way up)

Calves
Calf complex on 4” platform 5 rounds
Tibialis anterior - 25 reps
Single leg x20 reps
Double leg x 20 reps
Duck footy 15 reps
Pigeon tow x 15 reps

Giant set 4 rounds

*45° angle sled 225lbs
Straight foot x 10
Duck foot x10
Pigeon toed x 10

*Seated calf raises ( soles)
15 reps 115lbs

*Tibialis anterior movement utilizing of 3 inch platform and a light dumbbell.
20 reps

It was nice to get back in the gym I’m sure I’m gonna be hurting tonight at work.
At least the soreness will let me know I’m still alive and growing

71d05e86a82c9cf5fadc6c8bf6cdcb45.jpg

Between cardio and my workout

Hahah. Thanks max!! I’m not as late as I’d like to be at this moment but I’m pretty lean and now shifting gears to a bulk

I’m joining you! Bulk time as it gets cooler! Can’t wait to break out the the big clothes! Lol

Max

A pan of lasagna will work wonders!

IML Gear Cream!
That’s funny… And so damn accurate!! I was doing crunches as part of my giant set for leg day

I’m in That position a lot! One of my favorites! I keep my body facing machine and just pivot knees to hit from other angles besides forward. Avoiding building side waist muscles.

Max

I’m in That position a lot! One of my favorites! I keep my body facing machine and just pivot knees to hit from other angles besides forward. Avoiding building side waist muscles.

Max

That was what led me to that movement. I dot want to make my obliques any larger. They’re already huge from years of power lifts

That was what led me to that movement. I dot want to make my obliques any larger. They’re already huge from years of power lifts

Yup! Perfect exercise! That and true Pilates (which is torturous!)

Max

Yup! Perfect exercise! That and true Pilates (which is torturous!)

Max

I’ll stick with shit I can do. I can’t even pronounce Pilates !;).

I am actually a big fan of yoga. Hot yoga is even better. But don’t tell anyone ..

I’ll stick with shit I can do. I can’t even pronounce Pilates !;).

I am actually a big fan of yoga. Hot yoga is even better. But don’t tell anyone ..

I have a household of yoga girls when I visit home. It is no joke how hard certain types of yoga are. Even doing 30 poses for 1 minute each (which is beginner stuff) would be difficult for most). Power Yoga w weights is a whole other story; especially Hot Yoga style. My older sis does retreats and is a teacher so I get to sit in sometimes. I said, “ At 50 years old, I am going to become a master”. Just The way some of the 70+ year old men : Stand up straight, their flexibility, and their gait(they walk like 20 year olds) w no stiffness or pain! I seriously thought one of the guys was like 30 from the back (a black dude) he was 71 yrs old and was playing half court basketball! Sick!

Max

Tuesday
Cardio
45 min interval on the treadmill

Warm up : 4 rounds of
Y-Taw on trx. 10 reps
Trx inverted row 10 reps
Med ball alternating push ups 10 reps
Med ball slams 10 reps
Slider alternating push-ups 10 reps
Inverted row on smith machine. 10 reps
Off knee db rotator cuff movement

Super set 8 sets
Db press
80@20 reps
85@15 reps
90@12 reps
95@12 reps
100@10 reps
105@10 reps
110@10 reps
115@8 reps
Db fly’s hosing at bottom for 3 sec. 10 reps
35lbs @12 reps each set

Giant set 3 rounds

Incline neutral grip(log press) narrow grip press.
185@20 reps
225@12 reps
275 @8 reps

Trx press 12 reps 4 sets

Paragon chest fly machine
Max weight 12 reps holding center.
4 sets

Super set
Hammer strength incline plate loaded unilateral press
90 lbs each side - 10 reps
5 sets

Inverted smith machine Pull ups.
15 reps each set 5 sets

Smith machine incline press
Tabata 10 seconds on 20 sec off
15 rounds. 225 lbs.

Cardio cool down
14 min LiSS

Wednesday
Cardio
30 min interval treadmill

Warm up
*Lunge complex 10 reps each
Front
Lateral
Diagonal
*Bulgarian squats 10 reps
*Bullfrog complex. 3 movements each leg. 10 reps each movement each leg
*Band good mornings.
*Core rollout 10 reps
*Air squats 20 reps

Low bar squats ass to grass
20 reps EMOM for 7 min.
225lbs.

Dead lift
10 sets of 10
2(225)
4(315)
2(365)
1 (405)
1(225)

Smith machine scissor jumps
3 sets of 135 - 10 reps

Super set - 3 sets
Seated Leg curl
115lbs - 35 reps
Leg extensions
70lbs single leg add 5 lbs after 20 reps each leg continue to do so until you’ve reached 100.

Giant set 4 rounds
Plank (front /seize/front /side )
Toes to bar 8 reps
Groin plate slides 5 each leg
Med ball slams 10 reps
V-ups 8 reps
Rope curls 10 reps

Core rollout 7 reps
Bicycle 10 reps each side
Ghd - 10 reps
Reverse hypers 10 reps

Stretch.. and then

1000 meter sprint on rower
250 at a time

Sick! I was gonna but a TRX system for my home gym. Some really cool exercises! Those single leg extensions are painful! Effective AF!

Max

Back