• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

PSL logger

IML Gear Cream!
I never had an issue doing behind the head presses until last week.. I haven't done them in about 4 months compared to doing them on the regular.. I thought both of my arms were fucked when I got home.. Never felt pain like that in both shoulders in my life.. Do you ever get any issues with behind the head presses? Like I said I never once had issues until now, I just added them to my list of not to do's, along with behind the head pull downs. No Mas!
Ever tried playing around with the width of ur grip? Putting some blood in there first with hi rep Laterals rear laterals etc.?

UNCLE Z REP

WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

I’ve always hated them and they always felt not right until lately. Not sure what changed but now all of the sudden it’s my go to for presses. Maybe my flexibility of my shoulder girdle improved but I think it’s my neck. I broke it years ago and I think it’s finally healed enough to allow my head to feel ok in the slight forward position pain free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love this press, its always been my fav, I removed it for no reason other than changing things up and now that I added it back as my first movement on shoulders (2 x build up sets, 1 x top set of 8 and 1 x back off at 20 reps) I have been having nothing but pain. Never once had this. Heck people have often ask me in the past if I had issues doing these and they explained their troubles with it, I just shrugged it off. Good grief, now I'm one of them that have issues. I hope it's just a fluke thing. I may warm up a bit more before I do them next round. I don't want to bail on these, love them. BTW, I use smith machine only for these, always.

I love this press, its always been my fav, I removed it for no reason other than changing things up and now that I added it back as my first movement on shoulders (2 x build up sets, 1 x top set of 8 and 1 x back off at 20 reps) I have been having nothing but pain. Never once had this. Heck people have often ask me in the past if I had issues doing these and they explained their troubles with it, I just shrugged it off. Good grief, now I'm one of them that have issues. I hope it's just a fluke thing. I may warm up a bit more before I do them next round. I don't want to bail on these, love them. BTW, I use smith machine only for these, always.
Sorry if I'm butting in but now that you say Smith machine is it ur rear delt and, to a.lesser.degree or not at all ur lateral head? If yes, than try again with band rotations etc and the warm up I mentioned before and use a barbell so that ur elbows can get more in front of you where as the Smith probably has your elbows flared quite a bit. Lower the weight at first obviously and stop the bar at nose level and inch your way down slowly rep by rep till you feel it again. With any luck you'll finally get down to ur upper chest(full ROM). But if you're like me, and kinda sounds like you are, chin level will probably be lowest you'll get. Lastly, seated gave me the worst problems but when i started doin them standing the way I explained, with a closer grip(pinky on the oly bars ring) 99% problem solved. This was only in front and not BTN press.
Sorry for clogging the thread trainwreck.

UNCLE Z REP

Sorry if I'm butting in but now that you say Smith machine is it ur rear delt and, to a.lesser.degree or not at all ur lateral head? If yes, than try again with band rotations etc and the warm up I mentioned before and use a barbell so that ur elbows can get more in front of you where as the Smith probably has your elbows flared quite a bit. Lower the weight at first obviously and stop the bar at nose level and inch your way down slowly rep by rep till you feel it again. With any luck you'll finally get down to ur upper chest(full ROM). But if you're like me, and kinda sounds like you are, chin level will probably be lowest you'll get. Lastly, seated gave me the worst problems but when i started doin them standing the way I explained, with a closer grip(pinky on the oly bars ring) 99% problem solved. This was only in front and not BTN press.
Sorry for clogging the thread trainwreck...

UNCLE Z REP

Sorry for clogging the thread trainwreck...

UNCLE Z REP

Not thread stomping at all bro.. that’s what this forum is about. Sharing your history, knowledge, and giving advice from your prospective. No worries at all bro.

Sorry for clogging the thread trainwreck.

UNCLE Z REP

Great suggestions here man..
I feel the pain in the cuff, like you said it must be flex back and placing pressure.. I come down to nose/lip with 1 sec pause, blast back up, slow negative, repeat.. I do this for my working set.. I noticed the pain since I stopped doing my 50/50/50 side laterals, front laterals and bent over flies as my warm-ups.. Before covid I started doing standing BB over heads, loved them, more true control and there was no room to get reckless, either you had it or you didn't, good idea to switch over, better pump too.. With the smith I tend to push to hard in my working set on that fixed motion plus the placement with the seat that is portable is slightly on a slant, that's what I hate about the incline/decline portables (I'll take a pic later today of the seat later today)..
I felt it in BOTH shoulders Saturday, I couldn't lift my arms in a front lateral, it was a sharp pain, I could go sideways, or across chest like a hammer curl motion, but straight out and up was no dice. I got worried.. Thank goodness it went away and I want nothing to do with that again. I swear it has to be the seat?!?!?

Learning while Reading

Max

Great suggestions here man..
I feel the pain in the cuff, like you said it must be flex back and placing pressure.. I come down to nose/lip with 1 sec pause, blast back up, slow negative, repeat.. I do this for my working set.. I noticed the pain since I stopped doing my 50/50/50 side laterals, front laterals and bent over flies as my warm-ups.. Before covid I started doing standing BB over heads, loved them, more true control and there was no room to get reckless, either you had it or you didn't, good idea to switch over, better pump too.. With the smith I tend to push to hard in my working set on that fixed motion plus the placement with the seat that is portable is slightly on a slant, that's what I hate about the incline/decline portables (I'll take a pic later today of the seat later today)..
I felt it in BOTH shoulders Saturday, I couldn't lift my arms in a front lateral, it was a sharp pain, I could go sideways, or across chest like a hammer curl motion, but straight out and up was no dice. I got worried.. Thank goodness it went away and I want nothing to do with that again. I swear it has to be the seat?!?!?
I think so too. While standing we cant do that little back arch thing.
Seated can handle lot more.load tho if a person can stay strict

UNCLE Z REP

If it's like ours then it slightly puts the weight out in front of you hence the front squat type feeling

UNCLE Z REP

Here’s a pic of the safety squat bar. When you get under it and drive your elbows up, it puts the weight low and in front. Damn it felt good today.
f2b8e21c1914ec14dde892b5e16e5e3e.jpg

b90450a0289d939ebcb47922d4d24c14.jpg

Really starting to lean. Waking up grainy veins finally showing on obliques and abs. I may just make it. Down to 235 this morning. Just over 2 weeks out.

Get Shredded!

Really starting to lean. Waking up grainy veins finally showing on obliques and abs. I may just make it. Down to 235 this morning. Just over 2 weeks out.

Good work trainwreck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking Good Trainwreck!

Max

Monday’s workout

Cardio 40 min interval on treadmill.

Work: legs
Warm up with walking lunges and then lunches complex. Got my safety squat bar ready and did 40 slow and easy air squats.
SSB:
135x 20
225x 12
(7sets) 275x 8 followed by 30 air squats touch and go on 12”box. 45 decide rest/ repeat
(3sets) 315x5 followed by 30 air squats touch and go on 12 inch box.
225x10
135x 20

4 sets
Leg Extensions followed by leg curls
Single leg extension 50 reps at 75 pounds each leg followed bye some hamstring in quad stretching and calf stretching because the blood volume in my legs was insane

Calves.
Calf complex
Single leg calf raises 20 reps each foot followed bye 20 reps holding at the top seat parallel, 20 reps pigeon toed, 20 reps duck foot, 20 reps tibialis anterior movement.

More cardio… 10 minutes on the stair mill
Then 10 minutes of hard as shit interval training on the arc trainer.

bf1853aca3673db74bbbefa4fa476327.jpg

Here’s the safety squat bar I use instead of front squats now. When you get under it and drive your elbows forward and close to the body it puts the weight out front and about 10” lower.

Here’s a pic of the safety squat bar. When you get under it and drive your elbows up, it puts the weight low and in front. Damn it felt good today.
f2b8e21c1914ec14dde892b5e16e5e3e.jpg

Nice. Looks little more heavy duty than ours otherwise tje same

UNCLE Z REP

a915e7ae6d65514bd6b446ef12509822.jpg

Not great pics but posing after my workout tonight. Getting leaner day by day.. carbless days suck much ass btw.. but essential;).

the days without carbo are useful, when you subsequently recharge they all end up in your muscles

I never thought about it that way… I always thought that you had to kill carbs to get rid of the subcutaneous fat. The recharge ending up filling up my muscles part never really crossed my mind… Makes perfect sense

a915e7ae6d65514bd6b446ef12509822.jpg

Not great pics but posing after my workout tonight. Getting leaner day by day.. carbless days suck much ass btw.. but essential;).

Damn bro your traps and rhomboids look like they are trying to bust out through your skin.

Sorry for the log sock.. I’ve been hammering it at the gym daily still.

Friday
Cardio 45 min interval treadmill
15 min interval arc trainer
Abs/warm up
4 sets Ab complex (toes to bar/twisting bicycle/crunches) 10-20-20
Band work and slider push-ups / trx high pulls
3 sets of 20

Work: upper back
Wide grip Lat pull downs
160lbsx20 reps
170x15 reps
180x15 reps
190x 12 reps
200x12 reps
210x10 reps
220x10 reps
230x10 reps
Neutral grip narrow pulls
190x15 reps
200x15 reps
210x 15 reps
220x15 reps
230x15 reps
All sets done with body weight calf raises in between.
Single leg x 10 reps
Straight foot 20 reps
Duck foot 20 reps
Pigeon toe 20 reps

Hammer strength low row single arm( weight is combined total)
90lbs x 12 reps
130x 12 reps
180x 12 reps
230x 12 reps
280x10 reps
280x10 reps - drop set. 10 reps each stripping 25lbs off each side.

Forward facing incline db pull to reverse fly.
4 sets 10 reps
90lb/35lb
100/40
100/40
90/35

Bent over isolated single arm db row
4 sets
115lbs/ 10 reps

Trx steep incline pulls. 5 sets15 reps . Last one held until failure / then 5 more reps

15 min interval training arc trainer.
Stretch.

Got my suits today... good lord these are tiny! Smaller than anything I’ve ever worn before and my ass has to be in stage in them in 4 days... I’m gonna go with The green ones because they’re a little bit bigger and don’t quite show as much detail… If you know what I mean

531d20725fdc7b9d852b78881c182ab7.jpg

cdc4ce84a4455357ac71780d243f0c2d.jpg

Got my suits today... good lord these are tiny! Smaller than anything I’ve ever worn before and my ass has to be in stage in them in 4 days... I’m gonna go with The green ones because they’re a little bit bigger and don’t quite show as much detail… If you know what I mean

531d20725fdc7b9d852b78881c182ab7.jpg

cdc4ce84a4455357ac71780d243f0c2d.jpg

Best of luck to ya brother!!

UNCLE Z REP

Back