• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

PSL logger

Get Shredded!
So I had surgery the 13th… I did cardio Monday Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. Nothing exciting boring LiSS but needed to move. The surgery went well but they fixed a lot
*AC joint repair and ground down burrs
*Completely Detached and reattached long head of bicep below labrum
*sewed up labrum
*fixed the 4 rotator cuff muscles
-subscapularis, teres minor, supraspinatus, and infraspinatus

It’s sore as f but getting better. Mobility is about a 5% now. And that’s improvement ;)
2750399fa4bb0600d3cd96b679b3a409.jpg

8a2bbe47c14e2b199d9c8d7260b17e6c.jpg

0589fcdf28a7af967abdb46f6418fe6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see you wrote the 4 rotator cuff muscles !! I will wish you A speedy recovery! Those slings w the pillow are the worst (6 weeks but only if they put in anchors) . Good you got it fixed ! Seems hard to get appts these days .

Recover fast TW!

Max

No worries my friend .. I’m actually doing pretty well. They did a lot of work in there but the surgeon said he thought it went very well. I’ll have to be careful and continue to check my ego so it can heal as it should. But I’m pretty confident it will be as good as new soon enough :). I just need to be smart and fear of doing something dumb like tripping and falling on an outstretched arm ruining it. I am a bit of a klutz. !!!

Well that is great and reassuring knowing that you get the confidence from the surgeon.
And it's not such a bad thing with having an over zealous sense of awareness or situational awareness with the potentials of re-injuring yourself. I don't blame you with the added caution.
I'm right there with you in regards to being a klutz, I'm very absent-minded, I have to go the extra mile with cleaning up my surroundings on construction sites not because I want to, but because of the risk of injury due to my absent-mindedness haha

I see you wrote the 4 rotator cuff muscles !! I will wish you A speedy recovery! Those slings w the pillow are the worst (6 weeks but only if they put in anchors) . Good you got it fixed ! Seems hard to get appts these days .

Recover fast TW!

Max

Thanks max… it’s fine big or go home injury wise for me too I think. I had full thickness tears in all but the teres minor. It had a partial. The rotator cuff muscles suck but my bicep is the worst. They removed it and anchored it down about an inch or so lower on the humerus so they could see the labrum. The long head of my bicep was tore but not completely. .. so my bicep is now a little shorter and pissed off. Cramps all the damn time. Which pulls on the anchor. That’s the brutal part right now. But as I said before. It is getting better by the day and will be better off in the end.. so worth it ;).
Thank for checking in brother ! Hope all is well in your world.

Well that is great and reassuring knowing that you get the confidence from the surgeon.
And it's not such a bad thing with having an over zealous sense of awareness or situational awareness with the potentials of re-injuring yourself. I don't blame you with the added caution.
I'm right there with you in regards to being a klutz, I'm very absent-minded, I have to go the extra mile with cleaning up my surroundings on construction sites not because I want to, but because of the risk of injury due to my absent-mindedness haha

Haha. Love it. Me too. When I was a crew leader in Alaska I was constantly cleaning up so wouldn’t trip like a donkey. . My foreman always commented how tidy I kept my work area .. he had no idea it was really for my own safety !;).

My surgeon is super bad ass. He’s fixed a lot of top athletes in the area. I was really blessed to be able to pin him down.
Thanks for looking in and checking up on my brother. Much appreciated!

Haha. Love it. Me too. When I was a crew leader in Alaska I was constantly cleaning up so wouldn’t trip like a donkey. . My foreman always commented how tidy I kept my work area .. he had no idea it was really for my own safety !;).

My surgeon is super bad ass. He’s fixed a lot of top athletes in the area. I was really blessed to be able to pin him down.
Thanks for looking in and checking up on my brother. Much appreciated!

Man that's so funny you speak of that, my OCD is so bad, the I'm continuously cleaning up and sometimes after other guys.
What's like you said, whether it's homeowners or on a large scale site people are constantly making remarks on how clean the area is.
And when I see other tradesmen come in and they start dropping scraps everywhere my OCD kicks in and I start getting anxiety haha.. especially when the plumbers come in and they leave little cutoffs of PVC or ABS pipe on the ground. Nothing worse than rolling an ankle or rolling your feet out from underneath you because of a little 3 in PVC pipe.

Other seriously I hope things will continuously get better from here on out for you man truly I mean that..

Man that's so funny you speak of that, my OCD is so bad, the I'm continuously cleaning up and sometimes after other guys.
What's like you said, whether it's homeowners or on a large scale site people are constantly making remarks on how clean the area is.
And when I see other tradesmen come in and they start dropping scraps everywhere my OCD kicks in and I start getting anxiety haha.. especially when the plumbers come in and they leave little cutoffs of PVC or ABS pipe on the ground. Nothing worse than rolling an ankle or rolling your feet out from underneath you because of a little 3 in PVC pipe.

Other seriously I hope things will continuously get better from here on out for you man truly I mean that..

Contractors are the worst… usually. My wife was hr for a company that flipped houses and it was a constant battle to get subcontractors to pickup themselves. Always an epic disaster and they tried to pay her to clean houses on the side before putting them on the market. F that. You couldn’t pay enough to clean after some of those guys. Haha.

Things are still improving. Slowly but surely my friend. Thank you.

Well I didn’t die but damn this surgery sucks ass and is taking forever to recover. Kills the gains .. increases the pillow around your waist. I’ve been getting to the gym for cardio 5x a week but it’s lame. No metabolic conditioning or high volume lifts .. just bike, arc trainer, and treadmill. I hate cardio more than ever. I’ve done a decent job of maintaining my legs but I’m still not allowed to do any strength exercises on my upper body and it’s been over 16 weeks. Good lord I’m stir crazy but .. nearing the end. I should be released to start strengthening again soon.
Ok done whining. It’s been too long since I’ve been here and checking in. I see that max disappeared for a bit. But glad he’s also still alive. As I get back on the wagon I’ll keep posting. It’s going to be slow and tedious but the body changes should be big since I’m a slug at the moment. ;).

I’ve been asked by a few to keep logging Even tho it’s pretty lame in the recovery phase ..:-/. But I always enjoy feedback and am happy to share.

Friday
Cardio
30 min LiSS treadmill
My default is 3.5mph @ 8-10 % grade.

15 min assault bike
5 min a decent spead…
10 min interval 30 seconds on (75% power) 30 seconds slow

Mobility exercises.
This is my default also
Bulldog complex (15 reps each leg each side )
straight leg glute activator/ single leg Fire hydrant / straight leg toe touches to the side (lateral ) / around the world single leg
Banded at the deep hip(groin) in lunge position. Rotate leg externally and flex glute (hold for 10 seconds. ) 3-5 reps
Same place banded this time slowly internally rotating (adducting). 5-7 reps.
Walking lunges slow and precise 15 each leg. 3 sets.
Leg extensions
Single leg. 25 reps each leg adding 5 lbs every third time until 250 reps each leg achieved. 3 rounds of this. Then both legs 120 lbs until burned out.
Leg curls seated
5 sets of 25 each leg then 25 both legs 110 lbs.

Smith machine squat 5 x 10
135(3 sets)
225(2 sets )
Awkward as f because I can’t raise my right arm enough to form a flat place on my rear delts to hold it. So it’s sits at kind of an angle

Monday
Cardio
30 min treadmill LiSS
15 min on arc trainer with heavy resistance

Mobility exercises.

3 rounds
Bulldog complex (15 reps each leg each side )
straight leg glute activator/ single leg Fire hydrant / straight leg toe touches to the side (lateral ) / around the world single leg

5 Banded abducting squeezing glute for 10 seconds

5 Banded adducting slowly forcing groin to cooperate.

5 Deep lateral lunges using heavy KB to deepen the hips.

Side plank banded clam abduction. 10 reps

Just trying to stay mobile and hold on to some meat. My upper body is dwindling and it’s hard not to gain bf when most of my conditioning was training like a MOFO in the gym :-/.

Back