• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Bicep tendon strain

E.J.D

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Need advice. I strained my right bicep tendon right by the elbow into the beginning of the bicep. I can't curl any weight with my right arm. I can do light to moderate medium weight push or pull movements though with little pain. Any advice on how to get thru this will be greatly appreciated. I've been using Naproxen and Advil with ice. The movement I strained it doing was low cable chest uprows I guess you call it lol.

Tendons take a long time to heal. Hate to say it, but best to play it safe and lay off for a few weeks if it is a tendon. I've played through the pain and regretted that decision later too many times. You could also run some tb500 and bpc157 to speed up recovery.

If you have a doctor, get an MRI to see the severity. I will tell you from personal experience that a lot of doctors do not know how to treat active people. The first time I tore my lat muscle, I was told to not move for a month. Worst fucking decision of my life. I have a ton of scar tissue in the area and it’s never been the same 3 years later.

Is there any bruising? You’re probably gonna have to lay off any pulling movements for a few days. Once the pain starts to dull, I’d get into the gym and do some very light curls to get blood flow into the area. When I say light curls, I’m talking like a 2.5lb dumbbell for high reps. The worse thing you can do right now is to completely immobilize yourself and let scar tissue form.

Injury recovery is your personal responsibility. The doctor can gauge how bad it is, then you have to decide what you’re going to do yourself.

Credentials: I’ve torn my achilles, my left lat muscle, and my pec three times. I’m currently working through my third pec tear. Still doing pressing movements for 15x-25x reps. Getting better every week.

So.... if it’s a strain or even partial tear you run the risk of damaging it and having the tendon retract even further which will require surgery to correct. I would refrain from upper body movements until you can at least get an mri to see just how bad it is.

legs and cardio bro, you don’t want to make things worse in the long run.

✌️

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm going to take it easy and see what happens. There was minimal bruising in the area that hurts. I currently don't have a doctor so I'm going to wait on getting a MRI done.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm going to take it easy and see what happens. There was minimal bruising in the area that hurts. I currently don't have a doctor so I'm going to wait on getting a MRI done.

If there was bruising, there was definitely tearing. With a partial rupture, the most the doc would do is tell you to lay off, so it can heal. If I do go to a doc for an injury like this, I always try to go to a sports doctor. Better diagnosis and better advice.

the problem with waiting is.. if it does require corrective surgery, the longer you wait the more difficult the surgery and subsequent healing will be.

You can even go to a Clinic and be seen and request a CT Scan even, thats less expensive and invasive then MRI.

But yeah man, so sorry to hear.

I've seen a few full bicep tears in front of my own eyes in the sport of Strongman and it's not fun.

You def can do what I am doing what many suggest, the BPC, TB+hgh protocol. I also throw in Collagen and Hydrolized protein. I have been hurt enough to tell you that it can literally cut your recovery time by 1/4-1/2. Best wishes to you sir and prayers also :)

the problem with waiting is.. if it does require corrective surgery, the longer you wait the more difficult the surgery and subsequent healing will be.

I totally understand and value your feedback. I am rolling the dice with waiting I know. I accept the risk. If I had insurance that did anything I would go find out immediately. But being my insurance is garbage and my distain for doctors in general I'm going to wait it out a few more days. Lay off upper body stuff and hit legs some more. Maybe get the inch to inch and a half back I lost on my calves due to gym being shut down.

I would definitely lay off it for a minute. Consider the strain a warning. Continued use (for now) could really mess it up. I tore my distal bicep tendon 12 years ago. And it sucked! 7 months down.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Forgot to upload pics for this. Arm seems somewhat fine all this time after. Do hear what I will describe as a clicking nose when I curl at times.
Day 1

Attachments

• IMG_20210401_181652724~2.jpg
    IMG_20210401_181652724~2.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 12
Day 2

Attachments

• IMG_20210402_123241899~2.jpg
    IMG_20210402_123241899~2.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 12
Day 3 and stayed that way for over a month

Attachments

• IMG_20210403_200612860~2.jpg
    IMG_20210403_200612860~2.jpg
    878.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210403_081225302~2.jpg
    IMG_20210403_081225302~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
I had strained/torn slightly my right bicep tendon about a yr and a half ago. Went through 10weeks of occupational therapy and then they put me in for an MRI because pain and strength lose was still there. I had 6 small tears of the tendon and really only thing you can do is rest it and come back slowly. Just recently strained my left bicep tendon picking up large animals into a wagon. So, I've been babying it like a mofo last couple weeks.

Update. I'm looking for advice/thoughts/.. Things have been good with my bicep issue until about 3 weeks ago.. regardless if my arm is bent or straightened out. I've been getting a throbbing pain about 2 inches up from the crook of my arm in the lower half of the bicep. Also the front of my shoulder will also be throbbing intensely. These episodes last for 15-30 seconds and happen multiple times a day. My training has been pretty much non-existent since November when sciatica decided it was a great time to show up and hang out. Max has been 2 workouts a week..
Ok my question is...... Am I on the verge to rupture the tendon? Or completely tear the hell out of it? Currently I'm not using any anti inflammatory, ice or anything to combat the pain. Thanks for any help you can offer. Even if it's stop being a pussy and rub dirt on it 🙂

my 1st thought is always bpc157 I hate the doc & find a lot of the just want to milk me for $ not get me better. if it's been 3weeks even my stubborn ass would probably be calling the doc.

Back