RoidVisor

Why Do I Love Planet Fitness?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,816 Posts
    Rep Points

Kinda makes me want to open up my rainbow unicorn gym idea... itís basically Kama sutra yoga for gays and trannies... it would sell baby!! Wooo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Rep Points

i go to my local PF twice a week as I dont have dumbbells or machines and do my volume work with them there. ive got a couple months or another cycle before ill tap those out even with the high reps but for ten bucks a month its alright. Plus Im a Nurse, so many of my coworkers frequent it, as to them its a gym and to me they might have nice assets outside of scrubs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Rep Points

You canít beat it if you tan and like free haircuts. If you give a small tip and get a haircut a week it pays for itself. Tan everyday and they have tons of machines yea you cant take your shit off or scream but i dont do that anyway. Ps always hot chicks to look at and if your on this forum your probably bigger than a regular person so you stand out if thats what your going for. I have a home gym and a few other gym memberships, i just switch it up daily with where i go. Its not a bad gym and if your on a budget its your best option. If you have to scream and drop heavy dumbbells and spit everywhere you wouldnít even be reading this post. Ps did I mention the hot ass everywhere lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.S.L Representative
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    636 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Catman2020 View Post
    You canít beat it if you tan and like free haircuts. If you give a small tip and get a haircut a week it pays for itself. Tan everyday and they have tons of machines yea you cant take your shit off or scream but i dont do that anyway. Ps always hot chicks to look at and if your on this forum your probably bigger than a regular person so you stand out if thats what your going for. I have a home gym and a few other gym memberships, i just switch it up daily with where i go. Its not a bad gym and if your on a budget its your best option. If you have to scream and drop heavy dumbbells and spit everywhere you wouldnít even be reading this post. Ps did I mention the hot ass everywhere lol.

PF does haircuts now? This is news to me. I'd definitely go there for free haircuts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jozifp103 View Post
    PF does haircuts now? This is news to me. I'd definitely go there for free haircuts.
    Yep $20 month tan and haircuts plus a gym membership yea i dont like some stuff about it but they have lots of nice equipment doesnít matter how many people are there its never packed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    358 Posts
    Rep Points

I heard some spots are adding stations for getting nails done also, so I would imagine some of you are pretty stoked about that 👍💅
    ďIt is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.Ē
    ― Frederick Douglass

P.S.L Representative
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    636 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by selfmademonster View Post
    I heard some spots are adding stations for getting nails done also, so I would imagine some of you are pretty stoked about that 
    I only trust the Vietnamese women to touch my nails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,816 Posts
    Rep Points

Iím sure planet fitness would totally fuck a haircut up. Iíve had those cheap chain hair places fuck a buzzcut up and Iím shiny on top haha ... just do it yourself and stop eating their pizza and donuts. They put the gay powder in the food (turns people gay).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    791 Posts
    Rep Points

Again, wouldnt be caught dead in one of these ghey "fitness centers, nail salons"
    ~
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer." - Arnold
    [[[[------------------]]]]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    923 Posts
    Rep Points

Just wait until you want to get out of your contract early. It takes an act of Congress to make that happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

I love it because it's cheap and has lots of cardio machines.

P.S.L Representative
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    636 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 View Post
    Just wait until you want to get out of your contract early. It takes an act of Congress to make that happen.
    That's any commercial gym really. When I moved a couple years ago I moved about 2 hours away from where I used to live. I forgot to cancel my gym membership so I called them shortly after settling in and explained the situation. Mind you I was out-of-contract so I was free to cancel at any time. They told me they cannot do cancellations over the phone and I would have to come in in person, and their special "cancellation hours" are Mon-Fri from 11am-2pm. So I said, "lemme get this straight.....not only do you expect me to drive 2 hours, you expect me to do it smack dab in the middle of a work day, which would essentially mean I need to take the entire day off, just to tell you in person that I'd like to cancel my membership?" Then they gave me this alternate option where I send a notarized letter yada yada yada. I just called my bank and told them to stop making payments to them. Suck it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    923 Posts
    Rep Points

Thatís happens to a ton of people. Me included. I joined one 17 hours from home just because I was traveling a lot at the time and they told me I had to terminate in person or the letter. I figured ok Iíll just drive to the closest one and do it there. Oh no no no. They said I had to go back to the original one where I signed up at. WTF. I actually met a PF owners and they all openly told me thatís their game. They said the amount of money made that way was enough to run their fitness centers. Even said they make more money from non active memberships than active ones. Thatís crazy to me if itís actually true. I never trust a group of yuppies talking about money and all their roads to riches. They got me though cause Iím pretty sure I paid like two more years even though I never stepped foot in another one. Sounds stupid now but at the time I was busy as fuck. I didnít have time to sit down and write a letter blah blah blah. It was just easier to pay and forget about it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jozifp103 View Post
    That's any commercial gym really. When I moved a couple years ago I moved about 2 hours away from where I used to live. I forgot to cancel my gym membership so I called them shortly after settling in and explained the situation. Mind you I was out-of-contract so I was free to cancel at any time. They told me they cannot do cancellations over the phone and I would have to come in in person, and their special "cancellation hours" are Mon-Fri from 11am-2pm. So I said, "lemme get this straight.....not only do you expect me to drive 2 hours, you expect me to do it smack dab in the middle of a work day, which would essentially mean I need to take the entire day off, just to tell you in person that I'd like to cancel my membership?" Then they gave me this alternate option where I send a notarized letter yada yada yada. I just called my bank and told them to stop making payments to them. Suck it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Rep Points

I agree but everything now a days is impossible or a pain in the ass to cancel i know its not the most (hardcore) gym ever but seriously is lifting weights looking in the mirror the toughest thing ever (not hating makes you look tough af). If someone with average genetics canít take small amounts of drugs and build a jacked physique then they donít know what they are doing, or just donít want to stick with what they need to do long enough lol. I get it but i hear so many people call it ďpizza planetĒ ďfake gymĒ most of their equipment is same as every other gym just that ugly ass purple yellow color. Most hardcore gyms are full of overweight meatheads who think they are huge pushing weights they cant really lift and looking around making sure everyone is watching. Hopefully young or low income people donít miss out on a cheap gym because of stereotypes. They need to open back to 24 hours, this shit is ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

Old thread but sue me, I have been working out of my house since April2020. I was at a point I would need to invest serious money or get membership to get where I really wanted to be. Anyways, I checked out a PF in my area. I literally laughed at the manager when she took me on a "tour"... I was like no deadlifts? No Bench press stations? Then I saw the lunk alarm and said" for safe place for everybody, you sure do demean and attack a group of people".

I kid you not, she dead panned my ass and said "Maybe planet fitness isn't the best fit for you"..... I lost it.... lol.

Ya think lady....

Anyways I found an old school, but respectful gym(as in accept everybody no matter what unless they are confrontational morons). Been happy so far!