• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Military Advice?

AR-15

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So my son is at that age where he’s starting to have to decide what path he’s going to take out of high school. He’s not sure if he wants to go the military route or not and since the military was never in my cards at his age I feel like I can’t really give him good advice on it. I was wondering if any of you guys here that went into the Military would mind taking the time to give the pros and cons of it and if you would do it all over again if given the opportunity? Thanks in advance.

So my son is at that age where he’s starting to have to decide what path he’s going to take out of high school. He’s not sure if he wants to go the military route or not and since the military was never in my cards at his age I feel like I can’t really give him good advice on it. I was wondering if any of you guys here that went into the Military would mind taking the time to give the pros and cons of it and if you would do it all over again if given the opportunity? Thanks in advance.
does he have any idea what type of career he wants civilian or military? Tell him to take the asvab and see what jobs he would qualify for first.

What’s he good at?

They need to know more....

He doesn’t want to be front lines in the coming gook war 3.0... but ....does he have good hand eye coordination?

Make the trannies and fags and illegals and democrats fight our next war bro.. he can just fight the same war at home... fuck em.

If he's your son he doesn't stand a chance at much of anything. God help him

I was gonna say McDonald's drive thru but hell that's even a stretch

Janitorial service but not a public school. That could get ugly

I know heckler was in the service and took what he was doing and now does it in the civilian world and now is filthy Jew rich .I went the other way and only wanted to be infantry and let them lie to me at meps . I went infantry and didn’t even get to jump out of planes or go to ranger school . I am not sure how smart your son is or where you are at financially with college tuition but the military will pay for that. I think that everyone should join the military but I always tell people to sign up for the shortest amount of time that they will let you just in case they don’t like it . He could always reenlist for bonus money or choice of duty station. He should talk to a recruiter and find something that he likes and qualifies for and than do some research and make sure that he’s not picking a job that is hard to get promoted in .

I know heckler was in the service and took what he was doing and now does it in the civilian world and now is filthy Jew rich .I went the other way and only wanted to be infantry and let them lie to me at meps . I went infantry and didn’t even get to jump out of planes or go to ranger school . I am not sure how smart your son is or where you are at financially with college tuition but the military will pay for that. I think that everyone should join the military but I always tell people to sign up for the shortest amount of time that they will let you just in case they don’t like it . He could always reenlist for bonus money or choice of duty station. He should talk to a recruiter and find something that he likes and qualifies for and than do some research and make sure that he’s not picking a job that is hard to get promoted in .
I wasnt planning on college but it was paid for so why not, they have a program thru the VA I'm not sure if you need to have a disability to qualify but its called vocational rehab they will pay you to go back to school and learn a new career, you also qualify for unemployement while on this. One of me friends is doing this right now

I would suggest you help him research a carer path, something that is useful in civilian life, like automotive, aviation, construction or welding. dont let the recruiter steer him into a field thats a dead end. working with explosives and shit sounds fun but most these guys cant do anything with it when the exit. even if he stays in and retires he will need to find a job in 20 years and being a marksman doesnt really go far on a resume as a special skill. just saying

IML Gear Cream!
Practice and study to score well on the asvab test.

Definitely pay into the GI Bill for college.

But a great score opens doors

I did military intelligence. Was a good mos

Stay away from infantry jobs.... IMO

I would serve again. Great experience and helped me in many ways later in life.

I wouldn’t be where I am today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech degrees or trades...

there’s a real lack of electricians and machinists these days.....

a surplus of lesbian poetry and therapists....

go figure

Practice and study to score well on the asvab test.

Definitely pay into the GI Bill for college.

But a great score opens doors

I did military intelligence. Was a good mos

Stay away from infantry jobs.... IMO

I would serve again. Great experience and helped me in many ways later in life.

I wouldn’t be where I am today.

They have a post 9/11 gi bill that you don’t have to pay into now everyone gets it . It also looks like you can still pay the 100 dollars a month for a year older one . I am not sure what the difference is but the new one is pretty damn good .

I scored a 92 on my asvab and they offered me the nuke program in the navy. 6 year enlistment, 3 of that schooling. When you’re done you’re like a semester away from being a nuclear engineer...still wish I would have done it, that’s big bucks

Sit down with him and help him make a list of the pros and cons in his decisions (military, college, tech school, etc). Kids don't know what they don't know and often don't even know the right questions to ask. Military has a great sales pitch to young men about to graduate high school...guaranteed pay check, free college, etc. He may have some girl that he is thinking about making a commitment to, and the military sales pitch fits that too. If he's doing it for love, I'd steer him clear of making any decisions in the near future. It's hard for them to hear at that age, so you may have to steer him towards "join the work force" and see what you like doing. He'll probably get a better idea of what he *doesn't* enjoy doing, but it's still good experience and teaches responsibility.

Yeah sit down with him and tell him you apologize. Tell him you failed him before he was born. Tell him you're deeply sorry you suck at life and chances are he will too. Tell him "son, you're my offspring so the chances of you failing miserably are high. But there is hope. It's called fast food"

If he goes in as an 18X and makes it through to become an 18D (special forces medical sergeant), there is an accelerated program to become a PA in NC when he gets out. Not a bad set up. 6 figure salary plus you get to be a green beret for the rest of your life.

Yeah sit down with him and tell him you apologize. Tell him you failed him before he was born. Tell him you're deeply sorry you suck at life and chances are he will too. Tell him "son, you're my offspring so the chances of you failing miserably are high. But there is hope. It's called fast food"
Hey don't make fun of the guy...can you ever be helpful for a change?

Like everyone else has been saying Civilian or Enlisted make sure he gets into a trade that has a future. Especially if he's good at STEM. STEM careers are hurting for good people, and by the intelligence we are producing they will be for a long time.

Working in the military is just adding to America's bullying tactics. America is a bully. They bomb whoever whenever they want. It's a crock of shit.

Last edited:
And it's funny to watch civilians thank people in uniform. Thank them for what? Fighting for our so called freedom? Thank them cuz they made the choice to strap on a uniform? Fuck that

Any service man in here will tell you the war in Afghanistan isn't for freedom but to control poppy seed. And why? I'll let them explain the rest of the shit show created by our own government.

Last edited:
"War on drugs" lol what a crock of shit. More like "war for more drugs and drug addicts"

I did an stint in the navy as a crypto and tbh I hated it. It did me well though. I didn’t have any focus or drive before I went and some time away did me good and I’ve made good decisions since I got out and I’m worth a lot of money now.

What I tell people is that if you have no idea what you want to do at all, it’s better than wasting money on a bullshit degree. You can go and think about what you want to do and then get your education for free once you’re done. But don’t be mistaken about what it’s all about.

The military does not give a fuck about the people who are in it, and it functions as a gigantic dog and pony show bureaucracy. A lot, but not all, of the people you’ll work for are completely useless individuals who wouldn’t be worth shit in the private sector, seniority got them where they are.

And it's funny to watch civilians thank people in uniform. Thank them for what? Fighting for our so called freedom? Thank them cuz they made the choice to strap on a uniform? Fuck that

its for volunteering to serve so that a draft isn't necessary and people like you can continue to live out your delusional internet fantasies in the peace and comfort of your moms basement.

its for volunteering to serve so that a draft isn't necessary and people like you can continue to live out your delusional internet fantasies in the peace and comfort of your moms basement.

Ok, then. Fuck you very much! Better? My moms dead. Your dad and I share yours. Thanks, BTW. And what is "people like me"? Tell me what you see from what you read here.

Last edited:
Back