• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

A.I how long?

BlackBear

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How long have you been using an AI?

I been reading a lot on excelmale. It seems to have a lot of good info and pretty cool forum when it comes to hrt. But learning that the forum is more anti ai. But the more I read on the forum about estrogen the more confused and discouraged I get.

Anyone familiar with this forum?

And just wondering what people’s thoughtS were on here for trt purposes for long term use of an ai?

if we talk about hrt/trt only, the use of AI should not be contemplated.
a testosterone replacement should bring your value into the natural range.
in a natural way the body regulates dhtestrogen, free test and all the rest.
therefore you shouldn't need to use anti estrogens as these should also be in the natural range.

obviously if the dosage is appropriate to replace nature, if instead we talk about making cycles, or "strengthened" trt then the discourse changes.

Long term AI can get controversial (as can a lot of things). Some guys can be in the "normal" range (sub 1000) and still get gyno. Most guys on trt want to feel like they are 18 again, so they're willing to use AI long term. "Strengthened trt" as Phill said. If you're floating in the 800-1200 range, mild gyno can be a distinct possibility.

My Endocrinologist from 8 years ago put me on TRT (100 mg test c weekly) AND A-dex .5 mg ED. He did extensive Blood work on me and determined I had the testosterone level of a 90 year old male and the Estrogen levels of an ovulating female. To make a long story short, some men just naturally produce too much Aromatase enzyme. Within 3 months while changing nothing else I lost 30 lbs, 4 pants sizes etc...I had been off of AAS about 10-12 years.

I think a visit to an Endo would help you understand your individual chemistry better...of course, take a break from AAS after last PCT before going so you can get a better view of your numbers from the blood work.

I been reading a lot on excelmale. It seems to have a lot of good info and pretty cool forum when it comes to hrt. But learning that the forum is more anti ai. But the more I read on the forum about estrogen the more confused and discouraged I get.

And just wondering what people’s thoughtS were on here for trt purposes for long term use of an ai?

you do bring up something that is worth mentioning and talking about and that is the fact that some communities do have some sort of agenda or a favored protocol.

With this being said there is one thing that cannot be disputed and that is the fact that hormone replacement therapy or even the usage PEDS is not a cookie cutter for one size fits all. This is especially important with estrogen, no one has the authority or the last say on what people should do with their estrogen. That comes down to each and every single individual person, knowing their sensitivities and what ranges they feel best at, too high or too low can come with a slew of side effects.
With hormones there needs to be a balance, theres systems of checks, using too much of an anti estrogen is foolish, and not using one at all could be foolish.

If I had a pair of nunchucks that were made out of the phrase "get blood work", you would see me swinging them all over the place like a madman..

Last edited:
If your doing a real TRT dose then you wont need an AI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True in most cases but Aromatase is made in both bone marrow and body fat. If your carrying too much body fat your Aromatase will go up, its a vicious circular cycle. More fat, more Aromatase, more E2, storing more fat....That's why an Endocrinologist can be very helpful. Its not just the blood work; its that its reviewed by a qualified Dr.

TRT isn't real so there's no such thing as a real dose.
The body will never truly respond with any hormonal replacement therapy as the way it does with real produced hormones. This is why there is a Cascade of events and people experience side effects.
TRT / HRT is synthetic, and our bodies will never truly respond on point. no matter how much we try to duplicate the same environment with a hormonal total serum, on paper they may look similar, but internally they're entirely different. That's why people have to dial it in THE PROPER WAY. Real TRT therapy that is close to being on point as possible, takes a lot of adjustments.

TRT is not a plug and play :(

TRT isn't real so there's no such thing as a real dose.
The body will never truly respond with any hormonal replacement therapy as the way it does with real produced hormones. This is why there is a Cascade of events and people experience side effects.
TRT / HRT is synthetic, and our bodies will never truly respond on point. no matter how much we try to duplicate the same environment with a hormonal total serum, on paper they may look similar, but internally they're entirely different. That's why people have to dial it in THE PROPER WAY. Real TRT therapy that is close to being on point as possible, takes a lot of adjustments.

TRT is not a plug and play :(

Aye! That's why your Endo wants to see you 3 months after RX starts to redo bloods, make dosage adjustments. Then 6 months, once he/she is comfortable it will be once a year.

IML Gear Cream!
That’s how I thought of it. Can I ask you what your estradiol levels are?

Aye! That's why your Endo wants to see you 3 months after RX starts to redo bloods, make dosage adjustments. Then 6 months, once he/she is comfortable it will be once a year.

Precisely.

Yet, obviously as we progress forward in these therapeutic treatments sensitivities will vary as we get older. In fact I have seen people stay dry as a bone and out of nowhere years later have issues with estrogen all the while the potential and possibility of sleeper enzymes, there was some sort of activation or deactivation takes place. This stuff should be taken very seriously, people can fuck themselves up, and a lot of it can be avoided.

This is a great thread. Dialing in estrogen on trt is a VERY tricky thing. As some have pointed out, it is different for everyone.....definitely not cookie cutter. Ideally, you wouldn’t want to use an AI on trt. However, there are a lot of variables to that. Things like.....what kind of trt dose are you running (where do you like to sit from a testosterone standpoint) because some guys like to sit at the high range of normal or slightly above. At what estrogen level to you feel best at (some feel best with slightly elevated or above normal estrogen levels). If this is you, how does the elevated estrogen impact certain health markers for you (higher estrogen will impact some more than others).

It really takes some experimenting and trial and error. I personally like my estrogen at the high end of normal....even slightly above.

Out of curiosity... what range do some of you prefer your estrogen?

AI is not healthy and should only be used when needed . Remember it kill your lipid profile and gains to

TRT takes constant monitoring. I am 56 and been on it for years. Bloods every three months to make sure everything is in check. I take 200mg test and 200mg masteron and never had to use AI on this dosage. When I blast its a different story. This is going to be completely different for everyone. Only way to determine is blood work and not by anybody's experience on any board.

TRT takes constant monitoring. I am 56 and been on it for years. Bloods every three months to make sure everything is in check. I take 200mg test and 200mg masteron and never had to use AI on this dosage. When I blast its a different story. This is going to be completely different for everyone. Only way to determine is blood work and not by anybody's experience on any board.

I agree with with you on the blood work part. However, I do like to hear people’s own experience on this topic. That’s the whole point on having these forums. By no means would I take or not take something based on some guy on some internet board lol...But my point is there’s doctors and studies out there that are conflicting. Some Dr’s. say super high estrogen is fine, while others base it on blood work and if too high/out of range prescribe an AI...What’s right and what’s wrong?.. I don’t know, maybe I’m just over thinking it, I read too much into this stuff haha..

Long term AI can get controversial (as can a lot of things). Some guys can be in the "normal" range (sub 1000) and still get gyno. Most guys on trt want to feel like they are 18 again, so they're willing to use AI long term. "Strengthened trt" as Phill said. If you're floating in the 800-1200 range, mild gyno can be a distinct possibility.

yes I’m right a the top, sometimes a little over.

This is a great thread. Dialing in estrogen on trt is a VERY tricky thing. As some have pointed out, it is different for everyone.....definitely not cookie cutter. Ideally, you wouldn’t want to use an AI on trt. However, there are a lot of variables to that. Things like.....what kind of trt dose are you running (where do you like to sit from a testosterone standpoint) because some guys like to sit at the high range of normal or slightly above. At what estrogen level to you feel best at (some feel best with slightly elevated or above normal estrogen levels). If this is you, how does the elevated estrogen impact certain health markers for you (higher estrogen will impact some more than others).

It really takes some experimenting and trial and error. I personally like my estrogen at the high end of normal....even slightly above.

Out of curiosity... what range do some of you prefer your estrogen?

what health markers will high estrogen impact? Also Can High estrogen can effect blood pressure?

Back