• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anyone Experienced On Solar Panels?

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey,

Anyone have solar panels on their roof? Is it worth getting or just a waste of money and hype?

What concerns should I have if any?

thanks for any input. I am thinking about this but on the fence and not sure.

Unless you buy them outright and can get in line for the power wall I would wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have a lot of sun exposure it’s great. How long before you are paid back on your investment? Are you using it for hot water and electricity? Will you be able to get tax credits in your state?

No when you live in NJ bruh... haha

take 300 years to pay for itself....

I live in NJ.

So not good here?

I am very skeptical...

368a66efc39cb60ed85ab751929c3d97.jpg

Basic system these people got sold and they rent it so another cluster fuck when going to sell their home. Look how much more space there is on more of the sun side up top. Found 2 dead birds under so get a cage. Their bill with rental is around 50 bucks. Mine is only 100 about same square footage. No power wall either so extra solar gets sold out to other states.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the people I know here that got 'em, I wouldn't do it.

Need new roof shingles? Much more work.
Savings big?? Nah, barely anything.

I live in NJ.

So not good here?

I am very skeptical...
my parents live in jersey, the people that put up the panels were hacks and they were paying for the panels and 3 rows of them werent even hooked up. your best bet is to look into the DIY websites, I think those solar companies are scams, you end up in long contracts with outdated equipment

Solar is pretty inefficient but if you are set on getting it get storage for your extra power. I would consider it as an emergency option for when the power goes out but it wont power much.

There used to be a calculator that calculates how many years it takes to get a return on your money and when I ran it it was decades.

We need to go back to energy independence because low natural gas and oil blows away solar however the left makes so many regulations that oil and gas become expensive. They do this on purpose to try to move folks to wind and solar.

IML Gear Cream!
my parents live in jersey, the people that put up the panels were hacks and they were paying for the panels and 3 rows of them werent even hooked up. your best bet is to look into the DIY websites, I think those solar companies are scams, you end up in long contracts with outdated equipment

That's my concern, being locked into some bullshit that's barely worth the savings.

The company that contacted me has a ton of bad reviews on the BBB. So that has moved my position for sure towards using them...

Solar panels are racist . The sun is racist. Might as well just get a white hood and put it on your mailbox.

That's my concern, being locked into some bullshit that's barely worth the savings.

The company that contacted me has a ton of bad reviews on the BBB. So that has moved my position for sure towards using them...
they will tell you anything to sell those solar panels and get that goverment money, they are worse than army recruiters

We have something like 3500 panels at my work that they spent a couple of million on . They didn’t but the batteries for them and it was a pretty big failure from what I understand . They do not produce close to what the company sold them on . They pay almost 500k every year for power . We are in the south and get hurricanes and lose power and the damn things won’t function if the powers out . They stopped using them and sell all of the power back to the power company and we are constantly paying people to work on them and it seems like it is endless cleaning to keep them making maximum power . I don’t have a clue how much they make from them every month but I do know that it will not pay for itself in seven years like they were told .

I have them on my office. I rarely get 100% out of them. Not sure they're worth the money. I never paid full price for them. I did work for a guy who owned a company. He owed me money and we made a trade. I'm all the time washing them off, even though they say you don't have to. Dawn dish soap and a pressure washer. Still don't think they're all that but what ever. I let the guy off the hook cuz he gave a decent sob story and my AI hadn't been dialed in yet so I was a bit soft on the guy that day.

Last edited:
I recently watched a very interesting BBC film about our planet and what awaits us if we don't change our attitude. After watching this movie, I decided not to delay any longer and install solar panels. The guys from one company did their job in a few days and now I am very happy that I was finally able to realize my long-standing dream fromxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently watched a very interesting BBC film about our planet and what awaits us if we don't change our attitude. After watching this movie, I decided not to delay any longer and install solar panels. The guys from one company did their job in a few days and now I am very happy that I was finally able to realize my long-standing dream from https://a1solarstore.com/blog/diy-home-energy-audit-hers-index-score-audit-checklist.html
stop spamming the board or you’ll be banned

Back