• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Strange food

Drugsgear

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Once in China I ate a snake soup and deep-fried snake chunks. They also served the blood of this snake (the Chinese say that it is very useful), but I couldn’t bring myself to drinking it.

What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?:bitenails:;)

Once in China I ate a snake soup and deep-fried snake chunks. They also served the blood of this snake (the Chinese say that it is very useful), but I couldn’t bring myself to drinking it.

What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?:bitenails:;)

Man once in a lifetime chance I would’ve drank it , with a chaser of course. I too have had snake it was fried rattlesnake with a little breading it tasted like chicken not bad. Also Chocolate covered grasshoppers I didn’t like the texture.

I've eaten Shark and Alligator having grown up on the Beach in Florida...

Both tasted awful.

Cow tongue, cow heart, chicken but hole, pig but hole in charcuterie form, rattlesnake aka taste like chicken, pork blood sausage. To drink? Macon snake whiskey.
940cdfb96c831fe9844b04146668bcd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better pic.
d9964276fc7ec2c8f4b66393ef984a41.jpg

Last edited:
In Japan I just remember eating Eel. I had a hard time with that one for some reason. To this day I’m not sure why. I’m thinking maybe the smell plus they eat it rawish. Maybe it was totally raw? Not sure just remember it was gross as fuck.

I have had cow tongue and cow heart both taste really good. But it also depends on how you cook them. The tongue I put in a crockpot for hours and until it shreds and make tacos with it. Cow heart, I cook over a hot bbq like steak.

Cow tongue, cow heart, chicken but hole, pig but hole in charcuterie form, rattlesnake aka taste like chicken, pork blood sausage. To drink? Macon snake whiskey.

Better pic.

So is that like a prop or is that an actual drink? Lol Wait do you drink it or eat the stuff in it? Or both? Man if that’s real I’m gonna barf. Ugghghh

Ah man those ingredients are making me sick. I mean why add the buttholes of a chicken and a pig? Flavor maybe? I can’t imagine what that flavor could be? Lol I gotta get off this thread. Ugggh

IML Gear Cream!
It is snake whiskey from the Macon river in Vietnam. They have frog, rat, etc. it is their Tada dick hardener. I had two bottles. The first I shared with restaurant industry folks. I keep the second sealed one for a bar prop. It is pretty odd. Not gamey and disgusting. The high proof rice whiskey makes everything burn, and thus bland. Still waiting on the lifetime of boners.

Eh...the worst things I've ever ate were by accident. Spider.

And some very nice young woman was cooking dinner one time and offered me this little biscuit sandwich thing. It had some type of breaded meat, but I wasn't sure what it was. I knew everything was suspect in the area I was in, so I was hesitant. I asked her what it was. "Try it" is what it sounded like she said. So I did. It was stringy as fuck. So I asked again what it was. Again, I heard "try it." Yeah, she wasn't saying "try it"...it was tripe. I gave it to the cat when I got home. Cat didn't eat it either.

Yep tripe is nasty, even if cooked right.

Yep tripe is nasty, even if cooked right.

I'm just not a cooked guts kind of guy. I've had liver *one* time that tasted good. Once. KFC used to do a pretty good job with livers and gizzards, but that's about it for my taste.

I think the worst thing I've ever been around was chitlins. I don't know if they forgot to clean them or what, but it smelled exactly like someone cooking a shit. The smell and air were so heavy with that funk, I couldn't get out of the place fast enough.

Ah man those ingredients are making me sick. I mean why add the buttholes of a chicken and a pig? Flavor maybe? I can’t imagine what that flavor could be? Lol I gotta get off this thread. Ugggh

Hotdogs, they say are made of cow lips and assholes. But some say made with beef, chicken parts?

I have had cow tongue and cow heart both taste really good. But it also depends on how you cook them. The tongue I put in a crockpot for hours and until it shreds and make tacos with it. Cow heart, I cook over a hot bbq like steak.

Sheep’s head in the oven thats what I ate growing up with my grandparents. We would kill, dress and butcher cows, sheep, pigs in the back yard. That was our meat supply for 3-4 months. And nothing went to waste we ate everything. YUMMO! I miss those days.

I had rattlesnake once and it was great. Most snake meat is like chewing gum as in you chew and chew and it never comes apart and you eventually just swallow it.

A lot of weird shit is good. I’ve made beef tongue tacos before, Gator, gizzards, all good. I had Rocky Mountain oysters in Wyoming once and tbh they are were good as hell too.

My Cow tongue Taco Recipe! Delicious

MAX’S LENGUA TACO RECIPE:

They are incredible! You have to do them right! Here is my recipe:
1 3-4 lb beef tongue
2 large onions, peeled
The cloves from 1 head (yes an entire head) of garlic, peeled and crushed
6-7 bay leaves
1 Tbsp of peppercorns
2 Tbsp salt
Vegetable oil
Corn tortillas (2 to 3 per person)
Salsa verde*
Avocados
Cilantro
Chopped red onion
Thinly sliced radishes for garnish

Drop first six ingredients in a big stock pot or Dutch oven. Cover with water, bring to boil and cover. Set to simmer(keep covered whole time), for 4 hours. Remove and let cool. Remove the ugly outer layer, and slice 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices, then cube the meat. Heat up some Manteca(pork fat) in a hot skilllet and crisp up the cubes of lengua. Set cooked meat on paper towels. Cook in small batches so as not to steam the meat. Serve with homeade or grilled corn tortillas and green salsa verde(or recado). Cilantro, red onion(diced). I like too have pickled radishes and jalapeños on the side. *You can drizzle Mexican crema and Cotija cheese if you like.

Max
giphy.gif

Grew up as a kid eating woodchuck...in a slow cooker it is similar to pulled pork...

Get Shredded!
If they're done right, nuts are pretty tasty. No homo.

Breaded, sliced thin, soaked in buttermilk, Deep fried w Ranch and Texas Pete’s!!

Max

I eat rotten cabbage buried in the ground. Kimchi, that’s as weird as I get.

My Cow tongue Taco Recipe! Delicious

MAX’S LENGUA TACO RECIPE:

They are incredible! You have to do them right! Here is my recipe:
1 3-4 lb beef tongue
2 large onions, peeled
The cloves from 1 head (yes an entire head) of garlic, peeled and crushed
6-7 bay leaves
1 Tbsp of peppercorns
2 Tbsp salt
Vegetable oil
Corn tortillas (2 to 3 per person)
Salsa verde*
Avocados
Cilantro
Chopped red onion
Thinly sliced radishes for garnish

Drop first six ingredients in a big stock pot or Dutch oven. Cover with water, bring to boil and cover. Set to simmer(keep covered whole time), for 4 hours. Remove and let cool. Remove the ugly outer layer, and slice 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices, then cube the meat. Heat up some Manteca(pork fat) in a hot skilllet and crisp up the cubes of lengua. Set cooked meat on paper towels. Cook in small batches so as not to steam the meat. Serve with homeade or grilled corn tortillas and green salsa verde(or recado). Cilantro, red onion(diced). I like too have pickled radishes and jalapeños on the side. *You can drizzle Mexican crema and Cotija cheese if you like.

Max
giphy.gif

Hell Yeah! Una horchata y dos de lengua! Más bien doce!

Man once in a lifetime chance I would’ve drank it , with a chaser of course. I too have had snake it was fried rattlesnake with a little breading it tasted like chicken not bad. Also Chocolate covered grasshoppers I didn’t like the texture.
I also ate grasshoppers. But it was just some tasteless trash, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

I lived in Japan for 2-1/2 years. Everything over there was strange. Lol
What exactly? Can you give some examples? I am a big lover of Japan and their cuisine, especially: I can’t live without ramen, sushi, jiaozi and chuki salad with peanut sauce.

Better pic.
I was once presented with such a drink - a bottle with a snake inside, but I never dared to try it.

In Japan I just remember eating Eel. I had a hard time with that one for some reason. To this day I’m not sure why. I’m thinking maybe the smell plus they eat it rawish. Maybe it was totally raw? Not sure just remember it was gross as fuck.
maybe it was sashimi? then it's ok that it was raw. This taste is quite popular in European restaurants, btw

the tongue is delicious and tender when cooked properly and eaten with some garlic and Mayo

Eh...the worst things I've ever ate were by accident. Spider.

And some very nice young woman was cooking dinner one time and offered me this little biscuit sandwich thing. It had some type of breaded meat, but I wasn't sure what it was. I knew everything was suspect in the area I was in, so I was hesitant. I asked her what it was. "Try it" is what it sounded like she said. So I did. It was stringy as fuck. So I asked again what it was. Again, I heard "try it." Yeah, she wasn't saying "try it"...it was tripe. I gave it to the cat when I got home. Cat didn't eat it either.
thats funny, but some cultures consider it food.

Back