• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Finally The Cowboy is back in a real GYM!

CowboyPump77

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
It has been 20 years since I lifted free weights. Back in April of 2020 I had enough. I was almost 300lbs of pure fat slob. At 5 ft 8 I looked like a weeble people. Anyways fast forward almost a year. I was told I would never lift free weights again, much less walk without a limp for the rest of my life after an bad accident when I was 25. I foolishly believed that. It ruined my self esteem. It was a long road to ruin and even longer road back.

Anyways these are my first free weight lifts in 20 years. I am down to 225lbs and I put on a good 15 lbs of muscle at least in that time frame all on Bowflex. (Hey it got me started)

Bench 225 for 6 reps(could have done more but ya know not gonna push myself too much first day back)
Dead lifts I maxed 315lbs for 1 rep. I could have gotten 2 maybe 3 reps and 245lbs for 7 reps.
Squats I did 245 for 6 reps and I am talking ass to ankles none of those pussy squats.
Again I could have pushed and done more but I want to be able to walk the next day.

I know they are nothing special but I will take what I can get at soon to be 44 years of age, coming back after 20 years.

I hope to make massive gains over the next year. My personal max on all three main lifts are

Bench 355lbs x1
Deadlift 505lbs x1
Squat 515lbs x1

I weighed 185 to 205 lbs. during that time.
I plan on starting a training/progress thread after I get another month to 2 months under my belt to get in a rhythm and work out my program.

Any advice is welcome

No advice. You did incredible already going from 300 to 225!! Congratulations

I hope you do a log ! This could be it ! Good luck and I definitely will follow. I love transformation stories; especially here in the forum! Kick ass cowboy P!!

Max

It has been 20 years since I lifted free weights. Back in April of 2020 I had enough. I was almost 300lbs of pure fat slob. At 5 ft 8 I looked like a weeble people. Anyways fast forward almost a year. I was told I would never lift free weights again, much less walk without a limp for the rest of my life after an bad accident when I was 25. I foolishly believed that. It ruined my self esteem. It was a long road to ruin and even longer road back.

Anyways these are my first free weight lifts in 20 years. I am down to 225lbs and I put on a good 15 lbs of muscle at least in that time frame all on Bowflex. (Hey it got me started)

Bench 225 for 6 reps(could have done more but ya know not gonna push myself too much first day back)
Dead lifts I maxed 315lbs for 1 rep. I could have gotten 2 maybe 3 reps and 245lbs for 7 reps.
Squats I did 245 for 6 reps and I am talking ass to ankles none of those pussy squats.
Again I could have pushed and done more but I want to be able to walk the next day.

I know they are nothing special but I will take what I can get at soon to be 44 years of age, coming back after 20 years.

I hope to make massive gains over the next year. My personal max on all three main lifts are

Bench 355lbs x1
Deadlift 505lbs x1
Squat 515lbs x1

I weighed 185 to 205 lbs. during that time.
I plan on starting a training/progress thread after I get another month to 2 months under my belt to get in a rhythm and work out my program.

Any advice is welcome

That’s great news bro and those are great numbers
Especially after 20 years of not lifting. Keep up the work you will get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A great first step to taking control of your self-esteem and getting back to health. You got this so go get it!

These lyrics came to mind after reading your story of re-emergence. One of my most favorite vocal breakdowns/bridges in any song.

lateralus- tool

Attachments

• C756E4F7-D0F3-4D77-B6DB-4D4EED9E1FD6.jpeg
    C756E4F7-D0F3-4D77-B6DB-4D4EED9E1FD6.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 48
Sincerely,

Thank you all! motivation is at an all time high. This place literally saved my life. There are good people here and I know I can be off putting at times, but I really respect this place and all it's members. I am pumped and ready to go!! on the way to the Gym Now. I joined a place that is open 24 hours but there is no staff, its an old school power gym, none of that fluff bull shit. Even the girls are hardcore.

No advice. You did incredible already going from 300 to 225!! Congratulations

I hope you do a log ! This could be it ! Good luck and I definitely will follow. I love transformation stories; especially here in the forum! Kick ass cowboy P!!

Max

Dude, I was ready to give up, no joke. I couldn't walk 10 feet without feeling like I was gonna die. I am thicc compared to guys my height so I "carried the weight well" (that's what people tell me anyways lol) but I hated it. I wasn't happy I was miserable. I couldn't have done it without this place and guys like you and the rest here. Men have to help other men. I have made it my mission to help other men around me. My lil bro was the first. His issue wasn't being aft so much but his test levels were low and made him act like a bitch. He was miserable. In 3 months he is like a new man. HIs wife would prolly bang me in thanks she is so happy..lol. My next project is my brothers best friend, P.T.S.D. vet, who clearly has low test. I can just look and tell now. Sunk in shoulders, how they act....like bitchy females. I will save them all if they will let me help.

Dude, I was ready to give up, no joke. I couldn't walk 10 feet without feeling like I was gonna die. I am thicc compared to guys my height so I "carried the weight well" (that's what people tell me anyways lol) but I hated it. I wasn't happy I was miserable. I couldn't have done it without this place and guys like you and the rest here. Men have to help other men. I have made it my mission to help other men around me. My lil bro was the first. His issue wasn't being aft so much but his test levels were low and made him act like a bitch. He was miserable. In 3 months he is like a new man. HIs wife would prolly bang me in thanks she is so happy..lol. My next project is my brothers best friend, P.T.S.D. vet, who clearly has low test. I can just look and tell now. Sunk in shoulders, how they act....like bitchy females. I will save them all if they will let me help.

Very nice gesture and I am sure you will meet them here as there are plenty. Have a great Sunday and good luck on the journey my friend!

Max

Sincerely,

Thank you all! motivation is at an all time high. This place literally saved my life. There are good people here and I know I can be off putting at times, but I really respect this place and all it's members. I am pumped and ready to go!! on the way to the Gym Now. I joined a place that is open 24 hours but there is no staff, its an old school power gym, none of that fluff bull shit. Even the girls are hardcore.
Even hardcore girls are so motivating!!! Imagine one of them giving the commands, lol.

congratulations bro

51D0pjBextL.jpg

How's it treating you so far?

How's it treating you so far?

Sorry my replies are sporadic. School and the gym consume my time like never before. So far so good, one minor setback. I had a slight tear on my right my pec. I was only on 205lbs lift 4 of 8 to 12 planned. It came crashing down hard. Thankfully it wasn't a full tear and the Doc said it should heal on it's own. I was honest about my situation but asked it be kept off my medical record. He agreed, and advised me to realize I am still in my mid 40's and while I may get strong fast it takes time for the rest of the body to catch up. I know better, I just got caught up in the positive vibes! So I have 3 to 4 weeks roughly to murder legs and back.

Back