Finally The Cowboy is back in a real GYM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

Finally The Cowboy is back in a real GYM!

It has been 20 years since I lifted free weights. Back in April of 2020 I had enough. I was almost 300lbs of pure fat slob. At 5 ft 8 I looked like a weeble people. Anyways fast forward almost a year. I was told I would never lift free weights again, much less walk without a limp for the rest of my life after an bad accident when I was 25. I foolishly believed that. It ruined my self esteem. It was a long road to ruin and even longer road back.

Anyways these are my first free weight lifts in 20 years. I am down to 225lbs and I put on a good 15 lbs of muscle at least in that time frame all on Bowflex. (Hey it got me started)

Bench 225 for 6 reps(could have done more but ya know not gonna push myself too much first day back)
    Dead lifts I maxed 315lbs for 1 rep. I could have gotten 2 maybe 3 reps and 245lbs for 7 reps.
    Squats I did 245 for 6 reps and I am talking ass to ankles none of those pussy squats.
    Again I could have pushed and done more but I want to be able to walk the next day.

I know they are nothing special but I will take what I can get at soon to be 44 years of age, coming back after 20 years.

I hope to make massive gains over the next year. My personal max on all three main lifts are

Bench 355lbs x1
    Deadlift 505lbs x1
    Squat 515lbs x1

I weighed 185 to 205 lbs. during that time.
    I plan on starting a training/progress thread after I get another month to 2 months under my belt to get in a rhythm and work out my program.

Any advice is welcome

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,841 Posts
    Rep Points

Hell yea man

UNCLE Z REP

WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9,010 Posts
    Rep Points

No advice. You did incredible already going from 300 to 225!! Congratulations

I hope you do a log ! This could be it ! Good luck and I definitely will follow. I love transformation stories; especially here in the forum! Kick ass cowboy P!!

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyPump77 View Post
    It has been 20 years since I lifted free weights. Back in April of 2020 I had enough. I was almost 300lbs of pure fat slob. At 5 ft 8 I looked like a weeble people. Anyways fast forward almost a year. I was told I would never lift free weights again, much less walk without a limp for the rest of my life after an bad accident when I was 25. I foolishly believed that. It ruined my self esteem. It was a long road to ruin and even longer road back.

Anyways these are my first free weight lifts in 20 years. I am down to 225lbs and I put on a good 15 lbs of muscle at least in that time frame all on Bowflex. (Hey it got me started)

Bench 225 for 6 reps(could have done more but ya know not gonna push myself too much first day back)
    Dead lifts I maxed 315lbs for 1 rep. I could have gotten 2 maybe 3 reps and 245lbs for 7 reps.
    Squats I did 245 for 6 reps and I am talking ass to ankles none of those pussy squats.
    Again I could have pushed and done more but I want to be able to walk the next day.

I know they are nothing special but I will take what I can get at soon to be 44 years of age, coming back after 20 years.

I hope to make massive gains over the next year. My personal max on all three main lifts are

Bench 355lbs x1
    Deadlift 505lbs x1
    Squat 515lbs x1

I weighed 185 to 205 lbs. during that time.
    I plan on starting a training/progress thread after I get another month to 2 months under my belt to get in a rhythm and work out my program.

Any advice is welcome
    Thatís great news bro and those are great numbers
    Especially after 20 years of not lifting. Keep up the work you will get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,135 Posts
    Rep Points

A great first step to taking control of your self-esteem and getting back to health. You got this so go get it!
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,814 Posts
    Rep Points

These lyrics came to mind after reading your story of re-emergence. One of my most favorite vocal breakdowns/bridges in any song.

lateralus- tool
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

Sincerely,

Thank you all! motivation is at an all time high. This place literally saved my life. There are good people here and I know I can be off putting at times, but I really respect this place and all it's members. I am pumped and ready to go!! on the way to the Gym Now. I joined a place that is open 24 hours but there is no staff, its an old school power gym, none of that fluff bull shit. Even the girls are hardcore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post
    No advice. You did incredible already going from 300 to 225!! Congratulations

I hope you do a log ! This could be it ! Good luck and I definitely will follow. I love transformation stories; especially here in the forum! Kick ass cowboy P!!

Max

Dude, I was ready to give up, no joke. I couldn't walk 10 feet without feeling like I was gonna die. I am thicc compared to guys my height so I "carried the weight well" (that's what people tell me anyways lol) but I hated it. I wasn't happy I was miserable. I couldn't have done it without this place and guys like you and the rest here. Men have to help other men. I have made it my mission to help other men around me. My lil bro was the first. His issue wasn't being aft so much but his test levels were low and made him act like a bitch. He was miserable. In 3 months he is like a new man. HIs wife would prolly bang me in thanks she is so happy..lol. My next project is my brothers best friend, P.T.S.D. vet, who clearly has low test. I can just look and tell now. Sunk in shoulders, how they act....like bitchy females. I will save them all if they will let me help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9,010 Posts
    Rep Points

Dude, I was ready to give up, no joke. I couldn't walk 10 feet without feeling like I was gonna die. I am thicc compared to guys my height so I "carried the weight well" (that's what people tell me anyways lol) but I hated it. I wasn't happy I was miserable. I couldn't have done it without this place and guys like you and the rest here. Men have to help other men. I have made it my mission to help other men around me. My lil bro was the first. His issue wasn't being aft so much but his test levels were low and made him act like a bitch. He was miserable. In 3 months he is like a new man. HIs wife would prolly bang me in thanks she is so happy..lol. My next project is my brothers best friend, P.T.S.D. vet, who clearly has low test. I can just look and tell now. Sunk in shoulders, how they act....like bitchy females. I will save them all if they will let me help.
    Very nice gesture and I am sure you will meet them here as there are plenty. Have a great Sunday and good luck on the journey my friend!

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Rep Points

Help as long as they can appreciate it. You can't do it all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,135 Posts
    Rep Points

Sincerely,

Thank you all! motivation is at an all time high. This place literally saved my life. There are good people here and I know I can be off putting at times, but I really respect this place and all it's members. I am pumped and ready to go!! on the way to the Gym Now. I joined a place that is open 24 hours but there is no staff, its an old school power gym, none of that fluff bull shit. Even the girls are hardcore.
    Even hardcore girls are so motivating!!! Imagine one of them giving the commands, lol.
    Show me

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,449 Posts
    Rep Points

congratulations bro

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    947 Posts
    Rep Points

How's it treating you so far?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by E.J.D View Post
    How's it treating you so far?

Sorry my replies are sporadic. School and the gym consume my time like never before. So far so good, one minor setback. I had a slight tear on my right my pec. I was only on 205lbs lift 4 of 8 to 12 planned. It came crashing down hard. Thankfully it wasn't a full tear and the Doc said it should heal on it's own. I was honest about my situation but asked it be kept off my medical record. He agreed, and advised me to realize I am still in my mid 40's and while I may get strong fast it takes time for the rest of the body to catch up. I know better, I just got caught up in the positive vibes! So I have 3 to 4 weeks roughly to murder legs and back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by manny43 View Post
    Help as long as they can appreciate it. You can't do it all
    Very wise advise...