• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Wtf. Tore my Tricep off today...

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Gonna need surgery...

It was at a Trampoline Park. A 4-5 year old girl had climbed up to the top of the mats and got her leg stuck in the netting. She was screaming, hanging by a leg about 10ft up, and several kids and 2 mom's frantically tried to get her down and fell on their faces. I shimmied up the padding in socks. Crawled on the netting to her... Bear hugged little girl...when I pulled to release her I fell backwards 6-10ft landing on my arm w all my bodyweight. It tore off instantly. Little girl was ok, she slid down unharmed once I freed her.

I'm definitely in pain.

Surgeons closed til Monday. I have a great Ortho if his office still takes my Insurance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210226-185258.png
    Screenshot_20210226-185258.png
    606.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_20210226-191122.png
    Screenshot_20210226-191122.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 145
Hey bro really sorry to hear that but it was definitely a noble cause! Thing's could've been much worse. Wishing you a strong recovery

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Gonna need surgery...

It was at a Trampoline Park. A 4-5 year old girl had climbed up to the top of the mats and got her leg stuck in the netting. She was screaming, hanging by a leg about 10ft up, and several kids and 2 mom's frantically tried to get her down and fell on their faces. I shimmied up the padding in socks. Crawled on the netting to her... Bear hugged little girl...when I pulled to release her I fell backwards 6-10ft landing on my arm w all my bodyweight. It tore off instantly. Little girl was ok, she slid down unharmed once I freed her.

I'm definitely in pain.

Surgeons closed til Monday. I have a great Ortho if his office still takes my Insurance.

Fuck! Some serious suturing gonna happen with that one. Sports ortho for sure! Was it proximal (seems so) quite complex. I have seen plenty of distal/proximal bicep tears (all balled up). Damn! Well, time to stock up on repair factors : maybe get some gh from the surgeon.
Sorry Wesley! Shit happens always when I am doing activities (not bodybuilding) sports! Everytime!

Max

Shit happens always when I am doing activities (not bodybuilding) sports! Everytime!

If that ain't the damn truth! It's always far the hell away from the weight room when I really get hurt

Dammit man I’m sorry bud. Wishing you a speedy recovery and I know it will go smooth. Hell yeah for you springing into action selflessly to save someone. That’s what we do as good fucking men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn. Being a hero comes at a price. But good on you for helping her

Dammit Wes, that's rough and hopefully a good surgeon can fix that up like new.

EDIT: Nice you saved that little girl from getting seriously hurt however.

Last edited:
Damn Wes, I'm in pain just thinking about that injury. Props to you for springing into action to save that little girl. Hoping you have a full and speedy recovery brother

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me~Wesley Swolle

Last edited:
Sorry brotha to hear that! Hope for a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry bro but saving the little girl was a good thing bro

Gonna need surgery...

I'm definitely in pain.

Damn sorry to hear this. About 5 years ago I tore my right bicep tendon off the bone, the forearm attachment. I had surgery to re-attach it but after it healed it looked like I was missing half of my bicep. This is due to the loss in tendon length after the repair. So then I found a plastic surgeon in Cali that specializes in muscle implants. I flew out there and had them put a silicon implant in my arm to make it look normal. Oh and I tore it while moving a TV, not while working out.

Thank u everyone.

Yeah I feel good about helping that little girl.

I will say I'm laughing right now. She was a complete stranger and when I climbed up there and ber hugged her to help her, she stopped crying out of pure fear 🤣🤣

When I landed I think everyone expected me to be ok.

They were so focused on the girl they failed to see me babying my arm

I spoke to the Company about this. Honestly their Insurance may need to cover this. It's actually the company's fault.

No staff to assist (or even present)

I'm glad I helped but now I want this reattached. One way or another.

I was just repping weights like a toy again and dieting too...

BPC and hgh will be my new best friends 😁

I feel like Sloth. My entire arm is missing🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_203710651.jpg
    IMG_20210226_203710651.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 254
Looks like your tri is all retracted...that's gonna be a tricky fix there.

Fuck bro that sucks....not sure what recovery from something like that even looks like, hopefully the surgery will give you decent mobility back. Close freind of mine tore his bicep. took him about 6 months for 60% mobility... about year before he was able to train that arm 100%ish

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Thank u everyone.

Yeah I feel good about helping that little girl.

I will say I'm laughing right now. She was a complete stranger and when I climbed up there and ber hugged her to help her, she stopped crying out of pure fear

When I landed I think everyone expected me to be ok.

They were so focused on the girl they failed to see me babying my arm

I spoke to the Company about this. Honestly their Insurance may need to cover this. It's actually the company's fault.

No staff to assist (or even present)

I'm glad I helped but now I want this reattached. One way or another.

I was just repping weights like a toy again and dieting too...

BPC and hgh will be my new best friends

I feel like Sloth. My entire arm is missing

Long road ahead. Damn. Now you have to get all kinds of scripts! Tell them you have a reputation and need to recover fast!
Seriously, get well and HMU If you need any help

Max

Props for saving the girl! Put yourself together a plan for recovery and rehab and place your orders in the very near future.

Oh one more thing, you only have about 3 weeks to get it reattached, any longer and the muscles grow around the tendon and they can’t pull it out. So be aware of the time frame when you are dealing with insurance, they typically make you see a general practice doc to get a referral which is a waste of time. After I tore my bicep tendon I immediately called and scheduled an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon, I met with him and the surgery was about a week later.

Damn, sorry to hear that bro, looks painful. Hopefully they can re attach it and it will look normal. You probably have a long recovery ahead of you. Keep the faith bro

holy moly man! That sucks, things like this always happen doing something other than lifting, so sorry bud...

Get Shredded!
Dam that sucks man. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuck Wes, sorry to hear this, you did the right thing of course.
If they can repair Rob Kearneys which exploded like a burst firehose when he did (tried) the record log-press, I'm sure they can fix you up as well.
Might want to look up his doctor who's in the area...

Dr. Connor Ziegler of New England Orthopedic.

Last edited:
Do AAS increase the risk of tears?
It does if you’re as big as Wes and land on your arm .

I am sorry to see your arm it looks painful . I have had a partial tear on a bicep and that was pretty bad . Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear! It always sucks to hear bad things happening to good people trying to do good things. At least you know some shortcuts and proper supps to use to get healthy quick!

Oh nooo! Sorry Wes get better. Props for saving the day. Need more heroes like you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn that is awful.. I am sorry to read this. I hope you recover as fast as possible - and I hope the girl's family appreciates your sacrifice. Heal up quick buddy.

Dang it man
Sorry to here that heal up bro.

Eat, pound, sleep...

Thanks guys for all the kind words.

Brusing is def starting.

Def torn I can see the missing tricep heads today rolled up.

Have DRs appt today to get referral for x-rays etc.

Thanks for the Rob Kearney video. He and I are old friends and I used to compete against him back in the day when he first was starting and had a Girlfriend lol.

That video was eye opening.

One of my clients has tricep reattached this am actually from a ski accident so I will pick his brain.

Not looking forward to the PT portion either..

And yeah to answer about AAS weakening tendons, over time they do. Also I have had issues w this elbow many times over the years . 20+ years of competing and beating up my body in the gym for 25+ years certainly is taking a toll.

I'll post some more photos as I get them
💪💪💪

Damn brother sorry to hear that. Great save on the little girl.. speedy recovery!!

Back