• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

something interesting about blood sugars

heckler7

IM>ASF
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
first off I'm type 1 so you will most likely never expirience this. I have been wearing a dexcom for 2 months, some things I noticed, during workouts my glucose levels dont drop they really start moving about 30-45 minutes after I stop working out. also during sleep glucose slowly creeps upward and immediately upon waking up they dive rapidly by 100mg/dl, that said I assumed my blood sugar at bedtime being 140 and then waking up at 140 was very good, turns out I go to sleep at 140 then slow and stedily it raises to 300 and then within 40 minutes drops to 200 and creeps down to 140 right about 2 hours later when I'm about to have breakfast and normally eat. everyone is different but if your interested in using insulin I would have to recommend wearing a dexcom, its interesting seeing all the peaks and valleys thru the day and glucose and insulin really dont move the needle like you expect it would. also people talk about eating candy that you will have a crash sugar really only lasts about 30 minutes in your system so if your hypo you need to eat something like a snicker bar an a banana together to keep you level. I was 66mg/dl I ate 2 snicker bars and my sugar went to 90 and 30minutes later I was at 59. When I eat a banana ( usually add to glucose tabs when lower than 80 ) it doesnt work fast enough and I continue to drop but I went from 85 to 160 and stayed there stable from a banana.

I’m type 2 and been using G6 Dexcom and love it where do you wear yours so far I like between rear delt and about tricep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m type 2 and been using G6 Dexcom and love it where do you wear yours so far I like between rear delt and about tricep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so far I been wearing it on my abdomen, doc doesnt think I have enough fat on my arms. doesnt that tape bunch up when working out?

Back