• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

When did you become financially responsible ?

How and why did you do it ?

Love. (awwwwwwwwww)

I started working a legit job as soon as I was legally able. Paid for everything from that day forward. Live within your means and you'll always be responsible and able. I picked up an "instant family" at 19 and never looked back. I bought the groceries to fill her new apartment when she was ready to get back out on her own. Not that she needed to me to, but that was the legit first thing I can remember on the road to responsibility. Married 30+ yrs now. I still reek of last night's love as I post this. Damn, I need a shower.

Being financially responsible comes with age and wisdom. When you are young you make dumb decisions when it comes to money. You live and learn. Some people never learn.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Being financially responsible comes with age and wisdom. When you are young you make dumb decisions when it comes to money. You live and learn. Some people never learn.

Well said....

I have some Iranian friends that came out of the womb with a briefcase full of cash. Some cultures are definitely better than others when it comes to handling money.

How and why did you do it ?

finically responsibility was ingrained into me from my pops, he drove that home early on in my life. Ive reached new levels as Ive matured over the years

Got my first job at 17 and saved for college and paid my own way thru life and never asked even the government for any handouts.

Got my first job at 17 and saved for college and paid my own way thru life and never asked even the government for any handouts.

You collected unemployment when you got laid off a couple years ago though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and living rent free in your mind
And that was only one time because I was laid off back in 2008 due to my department being eliminated. Took classes and now have a solid IT job. There are times you stumble thru no fault of your own and need help...that happens. In addition I paid a lot of taxes prior to that big layoff.

KrossEyed and his buddy Bft84 are desperately upset I am in their heads now 😂😂

Last edited:
And that was only one time because I was laid off back in 2008 due to my department being eliminated. Took classes and now have a solid IT job. There are times you stumble thru no fault of your own and need help...that happens. In addition I paid a lot of taxes prior to that big layoff.

KrossEyed and his buddy Bft84 are desperately upset I am in their heads now

Just setting the record straight pal.

You took money.

And yea, you’re in my head. Keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you feel like the badass muthafucka you think you are.

I see you got help from friends here now. You should remember them the next time you’re badmouthing ASF in order to fit in on other boards.

I still haven't... LOL. I can't really afford to right now. But hopefully the job I get after school will allow me to pay off debts, get a house and save for retirement.

I still haven't... LOL. I can't really afford to right now. But hopefully the job I get after school will allow me to pay off debts, get a house and save for retirement.
What line of work you working on getting into?

Healthcare.
That’s good. My niece is an ER nurse and is finishing up her masters in public health and is in the running for public health director at the hospital she works at.

That’s good. My niece is an ER nurse and is finishing up her masters in public health and is in the running for public health director at the hospital she works at.

The ER is probably the most stressful environment to be a nurse. So kudos to her for handling that, as society depends on bad asses like her. Not sure what a Public Health Director does, but it sounds like more responsibility then I would want to take on. LOL

Get Shredded!
The ER is probably the most stressful environment to be a nurse. So kudos to her for handling that, as society depends on bad asses like her. Not sure what a Public Health Director does, but it sounds like more responsibility then I would want to take on. LOL

Not sure of the exact title of the job she applied for but it had to do with public health.

Yeah she be going home crying every night because of all the COVID-19 deaths she had to deal with as her unit was overflowing with cases for a good while. Also she just had a baby as well so that made her determined to better herself and i
am sure she will succeed.

I am horrible with money and have been an irresponsible fuck for a long time.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

When I turned 30 I had an awakening, a come to Jesus moment, without the Jesus part, if you will. I've always held a steady job, made decent money, and had a strong work ethic, just never saved money well. Most of my money went to partying and drug addiction during my 20's. Well when I turned 30 years old I had a realization and knew shit had to change. Now, several years later I have a family, a great wife, an amazing little boy, house, typical "American dream" situation I guess. I still battle my demons and still have plenty to work on in the personal growth department, but over all life is good.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I've always been financially responsible since I started working in 5th grade.....lol True story, I cleaned up a bingo hall on weekends when I was 10yrs old, rode my bike a couple miles to get there.
Not saying I always made the best business decisions tho, but I never owed anybody money that I didnt pay back. That's why I have excellent credit score

When I turned 30 I had an awakening, a come to Jesus moment, without the Jesus part, if you will. I've always held a steady job, made decent money, and had a strong work ethic, just never saved money well. Most of my money went to partying and drug addiction during my 20's. Well when I turned 30 years old I had a realization and knew shit had to change. Now, several years later I have a family, a great wife, an amazing little boy, house, typical "American dream" situation I guess. I still battle my demons and still have plenty to work on in the personal growth department, but over all life is good.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
Congrats on fighting the demons and never letting them take control. Getting a handle on things before they got out of control is a wise move as life is too short to piss away.

KrossEyed and his buddy Bft84 are desperately upset I am in their heads now 😂😂

I will take anything the government hands out. I've paid plenty to the feds.

People bitch and complain because Biden wants to help with student loan debt but fuck y'all and your high horse bullshit. They are using my own money.

Anyway, tangent

I will take anything the government hands out. I've paid plenty to the feds.

People bitch and complain because Biden wants to help with student loan debt but fuck y'all and your high horse bullshit. They are using my own money.

Anyway, tangent
A lot of people get too many handouts without paying shit though...
I understand where you're coming from, but you always have to look at things from both perspectives.

Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk

When I got a paper route as a kid (and then a real job at 15 washing dishes), our era, we grew up with strict parents working hard-ass jobs, saving and providing.
I also paid 25.00 a month to live at home and eat their food at age 15 on, til I moved out at age 22. (25.00 a month in late 70's / early 80's was most of my paycheck).
It was common sense that seems to be gone these days.

Congrats on fighting the demons and never letting them take control. Getting a handle on things before they got out of control is a wise move as life is too short to piss away.

Is that why you sold the “free candy” van and got rid of the cages???

Back