Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Rep Points

AG is totally right
    I was 31 yrs old at...yes...125lbs
    I'm way older than 31...but not 125lbs either
    I topped out at 198.6lbs a few months ago
    But have some Major health issues...not related to gear..
    You can bust your ass at the gym...take all the juice you want
    But brother if you don't eat like you want it
    It will Never happen..
    Eat till you puke..and then eat some more..
    This is the hard cold truth..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by thisguy View Post
    Stats: 35 Male 142 lbs (64.4 kilo), 12-15% bf, 5'9" (69 cm) good physical health, I take an SSRI. Never done a cycle before.

I would like to get to around 165 lbs 10% bf (74.8 kilo) eventually. I'm wondering about doing one cycle to jumpstart some growth. I'd like to be able to gain at least 10 lbs (4.5 kilo) of muscle that is maintainable after the cycle. I know a good amount about lifting and nutrition, just have a problem with consistency as progress is slow and I lose motivation. Anyway is that a realistic goal with one cycle? If I'm not going to gain around that much maintainable muscle then it probably isn't worth it to me. Just curious about peoples thoughts and recommendations. What should I use that has a decent safety profile (I know there's potential risks with everything) and how should my nutrition change while on cycle? What should my macros look like and how much should I eat over maintenance? Thanks!
    No sense taxing your body until you have gotten everything your body is going to give you naturally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm sure 10 or 15 of us could lay it all out for you
    Day by day...meal by meal..lift..after lift..
    But if it's not something you burn for...deep in your bones..late at night
    Move on...

But if it is....
    Welcome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    767 Posts
    Rep Points

It sounds like ur trying to use steroids too get u motivated, which in theory could work. The problem is you will get too big/too strong / too fast. IMO, U need to lift,eat, like ur on cycle, and get the most u can out of it naturally, first. Then do some testosterone only- AFTER ur body is in decent shape, so u don't get injured(tendons/ligaments/joints). I am a half inch taller than u, and was around 180 before my first cycle- now hover around 200.BUT- had been lifting 10 yrs- and was pretty strong BEFORE I started. Good Luck bro! (Eat,Eat,Eat!!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
    It sounds like ur trying to use steroids too get u motivated, which in theory could work. The problem is you will get too big/too strong / too fast. IMO, U need to lift,eat, like ur on cycle, and get the most u can out of it naturally, first. Then do some testosterone only- AFTER ur body is in decent shape, so u don't get injured(tendons/ligaments/joints). I am a half inch taller than u, and was around 180 before my first cycle- now hover around 200.BUT- had been lifting 10 yrs- and was pretty strong BEFORE I started. Good Luck bro! (Eat,Eat,Eat!!)
    You're basically right about using steroids as a motivator but I look at it more like trying to speed up getting past an initial hump. I hear everyone about the need to eat for sure. I tend to gravitate toward the lean bulk school of thought of eating 300-500 cal over maintenance and a bit over 1g protein/ lbs body weight. I've done that in the past with some success the main thing I'm having trouble with is finding how one should modify that if at all while on gear.

Also, what is everyone thoughts about what posmx said "If you can have the self control to not try and max out all the time and just lift heavier slowly in steady increments, it wouldn’t be a big deal. Problem is most people can’t do that, especially on a first cycle when the gains are so exciting. I myself would have a hard time"

Hmm...what if I were to do a lower test cycle say 300mg and also calculate the max I'll allow my lifts to go over the course of the cycle. Say limit myself to an overall 80lbs squat increase in small increments over the duration of a 10 week cycle as oppose to trying to max out and get to a 125lbs increase or however much I could max over that time. That would allow me to make some solid gains quicker than natural while limiting the stress on my ligaments, and tendons compared to trying to max out. Is that a completely stupid approach?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Also, I wouldn't start for like 2 months anyway giving me time to get my body adjusted to lifting naturally first. I could throttle myself back some while on gear instead of trying to redline the whole time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,126 Posts
    Rep Points

You're basically right about using steroids as a motivator but I look at it more like trying to speed up getting past an initial hump. I hear everyone about the need to eat for sure. I tend to gravitate toward the lean bulk school of thought of eating 300-500 cal over maintenance and a bit over 1g protein/ lbs body weight. I've done that in the past with some success the main thing I'm having trouble with is finding how one should modify that if at all while on gear.

Also, what is everyone thoughts about what posmx said "If you can have the self control to not try and max out all the time and just lift heavier slowly in steady increments, it wouldn’t be a big deal. Problem is most people can’t do that, especially on a first cycle when the gains are so exciting. I myself would have a hard time"

Hmm...what if I were to do a lower test cycle say 300mg and also calculate the max I'll allow my lifts to go over the course of the cycle. Say limit myself to an overall 80lbs squat increase in small increments over the duration of a 10 week cycle as oppose to trying to max out and get to a 125lbs increase or however much I could max over that time. That would allow me to make some solid gains quicker than natural while limiting the stress on my ligaments, and tendons compared to trying to max out. Is that a completely stupid approach?
    Sounds like you already made the decision. If you do, let us know how it goes. Get with your trainer{not a friend}. Talk to him/her. Pick one that looks like you would like to.

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post
    Sounds like you already made the decision. If you do, let us know how it goes. Get with your trainer{not a friend}. Talk to him/her. Pick one that looks like you would like to.

Max
    I know it probably sounds that way and my responses might seem more like excuses or whatever but I really haven't made any decisions yet. Right now I'm just trying to learn and get opinions. I'm seeing if there is a way to address the safety issues people bring up in order to minimize risk or if my way of thinking is just plain stupid. It sounds like you think that plan I suggested is not a good idea and I'll definitely take that into consideration before doing anything. I really do appreciate everyone taking the time to respond even if it's to tell me my ideas are idiotic, that's helpful in informing my decisions. Nothing anyone here is saying is falling on deaf ears.

vv mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    706 Posts
    Rep Points

Get your diet right and really start pushing the log book every week. I'm sure you can get to 155 naturally and more lean. Judging by what you squatting "baring any injury" you need more work in the gym and at your diet. Infact i bet if you do get to 155 and are more lean you would probably drop the cycle thing all together.

Just remember one thing there is no guarantee that once you start using exogenous hormones your body will go back to normal even with a PCT. You need to understand that the decision to use steroids could potentially affect the rest of your life. There are a large portion of users on here including myself that now have natural test levels in the 100s. meaning we now have to use testosterone for life. Get blood work for life. manage side effects regarding lipids, High Hemoglobin, Kidneys and prostate. Having sad that you might want to get a little further along before making the leap.
    All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnyguy180 View Post
    Get your diet right and really start pushing the log book every week. I'm sure you can get to 155 naturally and more lean. Judging by what you squatting "baring any injury" you need more work in the gym and at your diet. Infact i bet if you do get to 155 and are more lean you would probably drop the cycle thing all together.

Just remember one thing there is no guarantee that once you start using exogenous hormones your body will go back to normal even with a PCT. You need to understand that the decision to use steroids could potentially affect the rest of your life. There are a large portion of users on here including myself that now have natural test levels in the 100s. meaning we now have to use testosterone for life. Get blood work for life. manage side effects regarding lipids, High Hemoglobin, Kidneys and prostate. Having sad that you might want to get a little further along before making the leap.
    Well said, thanks for the valuable input, definitely food for thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    767 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah man- that's a very important point from SG-180. Sometimes I forget that this CAN be a life-altering decision. Most guys do fine doing a test only cycle and then pcting-BUT- not everyone- you COULD get permanently shut down and be stuck w/ trt for the rest of ur life. Not trying to scare u bud, but it's a fact- this CAN happen. I really just think u should see what u can do w/o juice and just make SURE that this is the lifestyle u want- BEFORE u decide. it's easy to be WAY too casual about this stuff sometimes. Like I said, prob. 90% of guys do fine, but who's too say ur not in the 10%? Anyway bro, u are a grown man, and sound like a smart man, and I'm just glad ur doing your research before just jumping on and I'm sure you'll make the right decision- Good Luck and let us know how ur doing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
    Yeah man- that's a very important point from SG-180. Sometimes I forget that this CAN be a life-altering decision. Most guys do fine doing a test only cycle and then pcting-BUT- not everyone- you COULD get permanently shut down and be stuck w/ trt for the rest of ur life. Not trying to scare u bud, but it's a fact- this CAN happen. I really just think u should see what u can do w/o juice and just make SURE that this is the lifestyle u want- BEFORE u decide. it's easy to be WAY too casual about this stuff sometimes. Like I said, prob. 90% of guys do fine, but who's too say ur not in the 10%? Anyway bro, u are a grown man, and sound like a smart man, and I'm just glad ur doing your research before just jumping on and I'm sure you'll make the right decision- Good Luck and let us know how ur doing!
    thanks for the support. I'm not going to hop on a cycle for at least a couple of months if at all and in the mean time I'm lifting and eating and researching (just got done lifting). I'll keep researching and reevaluate where I'm at in a while. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts
    Rep Points

thanks for the support. I'm not going to hop on a cycle for at least a couple of months if at all and in the mean time I'm lifting and eating and researching (just got done lifting). I'll keep researching and reevaluate where I'm at in a while. Thanks!
    If you've never worked out before, you should definitely spend at least a year training naturally, to at least get the "newb" gains out of the way. I mentioned training 8 months before starting my cycle, but the truth is I had some previous training under my belt from high school, so I'd already built a little strength. I mean, you don't want all of your gains to be steroid induced. I would say train hard naturally for a bare minimum of 1 year, you will make great progress. At that point, you may decide to go another year naturally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    396 Posts
    Rep Points

Dude go for it.

Most people give their advice from hindsight and didn't do things the "right" way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Rep Points

Stats: 35 Male 142 lbs (64.4 kilo), 12-15% bf, 5'9" (69 cm) good physical health, I take an SSRI. Never done a cycle before.

I would like to get to around 165 lbs 10% bf (74.8 kilo) eventually. I'm wondering about doing one cycle to jumpstart some growth. I'd like to be able to gain at least 10 lbs (4.5 kilo) of muscle that is maintainable after the cycle. I know a good amount about lifting and nutrition, just have a problem with consistency as progress is slow and I lose motivation. Anyway is that a realistic goal with one cycle? If I'm not going to gain around that much maintainable muscle then it probably isn't worth it to me. Just curious about peoples thoughts and recommendations. What should I use that has a decent safety profile (I know there's potential risks with everything) and how should my nutrition change while on cycle? What should my macros look like and how much should I eat over maintenance? Thanks!
    If you want to proceed, stick with a safe test cycle, getting up to 500/wk for 10 wks or so. So many other variables to consider as well, but the advice is based upon the assumption you are getting blood-work done, checking estrogen, and have your training, diet and pct dialed in.