• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

American Red Cross

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Have you ever noticed that when you donate blood, they ask you several questions about using Anabolic Steroids??

As if that is problematic to their blood draws. They also ask about HIV and other concerns.

The false premise that AAS use and HIV go hand in hand is definitely something American Red Cross is promoting. That and Hepatitis and AAS.

Meanwhile INJ Heroin/Fentanyl (the true culprits of "needle sharing") get a pass.

Does this upset anyone?

Doesn’t upset me. I am just a pawn in the game unfortunately. As long as I can donate, we good.

What kills, survives. L

Have you ever noticed that when you donate blood, they ask you several questions about using Anabolic Steroids??

As if that is problematic to their blood draws. They also ask about HIV and other concerns.

The false premise that AAS use and HIV go hand in hand is definitely something American Red Cross is promoting. That and Hepatitis and AAS.

Meanwhile INJ Heroin/Fentanyl (the true culprits of "needle sharing") get a pass.

Does this upset anyone?

I think the concern with anabolic steroids is that you are using a needle to inject something. The needle could be shared.

Also, I think using steroids inhibits the body in its ability to clot blood. Could have grave consequences during a donation is my guess.

I think they are just trying to be safe. Wouldn’t want something bad to happen and risk getting sued. Plus, would scare away future donors.

I haven’t investigated, just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the concern with anabolic steroids is that you are using a needle to inject something. The needle could be shared.

Also, I think using steroids inhibits the body in its ability to clot blood. Could have grave consequences during a donation is my guess.

I think they are just trying to be safe. Wouldn’t want something bad to happen and risk getting sued. Plus, would scare away future donors.

I haven’t investigated, just my two cents.

AAS definitely dont inhibit clotting. There'd be no reason to donate if they did.

Pretty much the opposite

They don't want to use accutane either. Apparently that can mess up the development of a child if your blood is given to a pregnant woman. That is the one you really want to avoid any time near a blood donation.

Accutane causes birth defects.

Mr nurse; how do steroids inhibit blood clotting? Please educate us ignorant people with your college education sir.

My doc use to just give me a script to donate.

Accutane causes birth defects.

Mr nurse; how do steroids inhibit blood clotting? Please educate us ignorant people with your college education sir.

In before anyone posts studies saying clots/doesn't clot/no change. My experience....clots.

IML Gear Cream!
In before anyone posts studies saying clots/doesn't clot/no change. My experience....clots.

Higher hematocrit is associated with higher risk for clotting, am I right? A quick google search says high hematocrit "might" favor clot formation.

I don't think anyone can argue AAS inhibit clotting though. Or am I missing something?

I would think the thick blood would cause clots. My Dr did mention it.

Sorry guys, I don't know what the argument is in here. Didn't mean to start an argument.

So I will contribute some info, and this is not to side with anyone, bc I truly don't know who is arguing what at this point.

But we do know that HRT, and Testosterone use, in studies, has been shown to elevate Hematocrit and red blood cells. This can create a thickening of the blood and a potential increase in clotting and this also is a condition that is very slow to form ,but can, and is called Polycythemia.

So yes long term AAS use can contribute to increases in thickening of blood and clotting. This is precisely why we donate blood.

Sorry to get off topic, I simply want to neutralize any argument in here.

BTW, are you guys donating every 2 months?

Im supposed to be. Sometimes I get lazy and 2 months turns into 4.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5630464/

Wasn’t trying to start an argument (well maybe a lil , my sarcasm is difficult to hide and I like giving back to others 😉)

but also I did appreciate a link to a respected source (nih is a reliable source in my opinion) to back up the claims that AAS use leads to a hinderance of blood clot formation.

I’ll read it, eventually

but it goes against everything I’ve experienced and been told. So I’m going in bias and skeptical. My nature really.

Wasn’t trying to start an argument (well maybe a lil , my sarcasm is difficult to hide and I like giving back to others 😉)

but also I did appreciate a link to a respected source (nih is a reliable source in my opinion) to back up the claims that AAS use leads to a hinderance of blood clot formation.

I’ll read it, eventually

but it goes against everything I’ve experienced and been told. So I’m going in bias and skeptical. My nature really.

Zero issues man, you know I love ya!

Sorry guys, I don't know what the argument is in here. Didn't mean to start an argument.

So I will contribute some info, and this is not to side with anyone, bc I truly don't know who is arguing what at this point.

But we do know that HRT, and Testosterone use, in studies, has been shown to elevate Hematocrit and red blood cells. This can create a thickening of the blood and a potential increase in clotting and this also is a condition that is very slow to form ,but can, and is called Polycythemia.

So yes long term AAS use can contribute to increases in thickening of blood and clotting. This is precisely why we donate blood.

Sorry to get off topic, I simply want to neutralize any argument in here.

BTW, are you guys donating every 2 months?

Im supposed to be. Sometimes I get lazy and 2 months turns into 4.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5630464/

I'm not trying to argue either. I was just attempting to correct some misinformation

Get Shredded!
I'm not trying to argue either. I was just attempting to correct some misinformation

I know man, I respect and love ya too.

It seems like alot of threads lately are turning into disagreements or fights, did you guys notice?

So I saw a few people I like in this thread. And I appreciate all of your time and responses. I genuinely mean that.

I am going to donate blood tommorrow and I did my Rapid Pass and every time I go they give me issues, and it just dawned on me, that maybe Im not the only one?

Wasn’t trying to start an argument (well maybe a lil , my sarcasm is difficult to hide and I like giving back to others )

I’ll read it, eventually

Two seconds on the old google would have helped you. But what do I know, I’m just an educated nurse.

Two seconds on the old google would have helped you. But what do I know, I’m just an educated nurse.

The link you posted said a possible consequence of AAS usage is blood clots. They don't inhibit clotting brother. Not sure where the misunderstanding is. Don't go on using thinking they keep your blood from clotting. High hematocrit or high iron is dangerous over time

I know man, I respect and love ya too.

It seems like alot of threads lately are turning into disagreements or fights, did you guys notice?

So I saw a few people I like in this thread. And I appreciate all of your time and responses. I genuinely mean that.

I am going to donate blood tommorrow and I did my Rapid Pass and every time I go they give me issues, and it just dawned on me, that maybe Im not the only one?

I honestly respect you man. I know most people here dislike me, that's okay, I am an opinionated person and it comes with the territory. I also understand most think I am bat shit crazy "and make up my life" but I know what happened in my own life, since you know I LIVED IT!...lol. Too many have boring, easy, mundane lives. There is a reason most that have had crazy lives prefer to not talk about them, like getting attacked by ignorant fools who have no real life XP beyond their self made prison cells. Anyways I donate blood Wednesday(tom). This site and guys like you and many others have been ever so helpful. I am truly thankful regardless what some think of me around here. If they have wisdom to share my ears are open.

While I respect your education and job, it does not mean you are always correct. I have had to correct my instructors on a few things. I am just glad they are open to being corrected and take honest and legit criticism. To often Doctors and nurses feel like they are infallible. This is not the way to be. My plans are to finish my B.S.N. and get a D.N.P. that is if the world does not engulf itself in WW3.

While I respect your education and job, it does not mean you are always correct. I have had to correct my instructors on a few things. I am just glad they are open to being corrected and take honest and legit criticism. To often Doctors and nurses feel like they are infallible. This is not the way to be. My plans are to finish my B.S.N. and get a D.N.P. that is if the world does not engulf itself in WW3.

No, would never suggest or think I’m always right. Milford has been a prick for a while and I probably wouldn’t have answered in the way I did if not for him. I had bicep tendon repair over the summer and the surgeon specifically asked if I used AAS. I wondered why myself and it appears there is some evidence to suggest that taking AAS can promote blood clotting. Bigtime’s physician asked him the same thing so apparently there is some risk, enough for a physician to worry about anyway. Good luck in school.

The link you posted said a possible consequence of AAS usage is blood clots. They don't inhibit clotting brother. Not sure where the misunderstanding is. Don't go on using thinking they keep your blood from clotting. High hematocrit or high iron is dangerous over time

That is correct. My bad. Did not mean to say it inhibits blood clots but rather the opposite. Don’t smoke pot and give out medical advice. Lesson learned.

Back