• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Favorite CA hikes

Posmx

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I’m headed over to CA in the near future & want to do a day hike of some sort. Probably keep it in the 12 mile range or less since I’ll have the lady with me. Looking between central to northern Ca.

(Not interested in Yosemite)

I don’t care if it’s coast, or inland. Just can’t do high elevation like I normally would due to winter/snow.

Any hidden gems anyone would like to share? I like my hikes to have destinations, whether being a summit, lake, waterfall, ghost town, etc.

Pic for attention from a recent Washington hiking trip.
f09dab5cba558bdb8ac9a3ec78c94749.jpg

Pacific Crest Trail has a lot to offer

Pacific Crest Trail has a lot to offer

The northern section of pct in CA is getting pounded with snow currently, and most access is up high above locked “mountain pass” gates. Normally I’m all about the mountains & don’t go anywhere else, but right now I’m having to go lower. Coast, redwoods, foothills, etc. by the storm coming in I’m assuming I’ll have to hike around under 4000ft elevation (maybe even 3000) to stay out of the snow.

Not sure what part of the state your interested in. Big Sur and areas around the central coast are an option. It’s been a pretty dry year except in the Sierras for the most part.

Not sure what part of the state your interested in. Big Sur and areas around the central coast are an option. It’s been a pretty dry year except in the Sierras for the most part.

Big Sur is an option. That’s probably about the furthest south I’m willing to go

Big Sur is an option. That’s probably about the furthest south I’m willing to go
Hopefully heckler chimes back in, he’s much more knowledgeable of the northern part of the state.

The northern section of pct in CA is getting pounded with snow currently, and most access is up high above locked “mountain pass” gates. Normally I’m all about the mountains & don’t go anywhere else, but right now I’m having to go lower. Coast, redwoods, foothills, etc. by the storm coming in I’m assuming I’ll have to hike around under 4000ft elevation (maybe even 3000) to stay out of the snow.

Yes we are, its finally rolling in. The places I would suggest are done until may or June depending on if we have a late winter. Last year I couldn't get to the lake until June. It sucked.

If you want to do something a bit lower 30 min from Roseville CA I have a guy that does some crazy races in the mountains on foot. He'sa good friend of mine. Let me know and I'll text him and see what his suggestion is.

One of the places I’m looking at is Pinnacles NP, never been there. So that’s my last resort if I don’t figure something else out. Only concern is people- I like going places that aren’t well known/ easy to get to. Less people the better

Joshua Tree near Palm Springs.

Love Joshua Tree, have been there a number of times. Unfortunately this time I’m planning on driving there & back in the same day, (plus the hike itself) & that’s about 7 hrs each direction from where I’ll be.
I’m going to Utah in a couple months, so will probably throw in a couple days of Joshua Tree in that trip

So Cal has a great range. Look up Cucamonga Peak. Reminds me a bit of your picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome photo! Hiking is not my type of vacation, and I regret that it does not suit me, because I understand that driving a car doesn’t allow you catch the beauty of the nature which can be seen during hiking.

Have fun, I admit I am jelly. Always wanted to hike out that way.

Back