• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Can you buy exercise in a pill?

WidowMakerI

Registered
Reaction score
In my truck with her size 7 bare feet against the
Get Shredded!
*This article may need updating*

Can you buy exercise in a pill?

With AICAR, Can You Buy Exercise in a Pill?
New Study Finds Strong Results for Muscle Endurance Drug
Donna Porter

The ability to buy exercise in a pill form is near -- relatively speaking. Despite short notice, Olympics' no-doping committees are preparing to test athletes for AICAR, a chemical shown to increase muscle endurance, even without exercise. Published in the July 31 online issue of Cell, researchers at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies found that AICAR, administered daily for four weeks, increased the endurance of sedentary mice by 44 percent. While it may be several years before average consumers can buy AICAR commercially, non-FDA approved access is expected.

Study co-author and developmental biologist Ronald Evans tells Scientific American that AICAR is "tricking the muscle into 'believing' it's been exercised daily," and that the study "proves you can have a pharmacologic equivalent to exercise."

How is exercise in a pill form possible?

In summary, endurance training produces metabolic and structural changes in the muscles. This study shows that AICAR can produce muscle reformation --a state influenced by gene expression (or activation), increased cellular energy and muscle fiber composition.

Two types of muscle exist: Type 1 (slow-twitch) and Type 2 (fast-twitch). Type 1 burns more fat (oxidizes fatty acids), is more resistant to fatigue -- due to an abundance of mitrochondria producing cellular energy -- and increases with endurance training.

Type 2 muscle fibers contain fewer mitrochondria, fatigues more easily, burns glucose and is commonly found in obese and sedentary individuals.

Science Daily, among other sources provided, provides a digestible in-depth explanation of the way AICAR further works at the cellular and metabolic level to achieve increased muscle endurance.

How much will the exercise pill cost?

The so-called "exercise pill" will, at least initially, be out-of-reach for most exercise-challenged individuals.

For comparative analysis only, this writer conducted a patent search on AICAR. The results included a recommended dosage range of 5 mg. to 100 mg. / per kg / per day, taken 3 times a week, for the purpose of studying metabolic disease or insulin resistance in humans.

For a 140 pound person, this equates to an AICAR dosage of 315 to 3150 mg. a day.

A cursory search for the chemical shows that lab-quality AICAR is sold for approximately $100 per a 44 mg vile.

With adjustments for pharmaceutical quality, mass production and non-medical dosing, the monthly cost of AICAR is rumored to be in the thousands for daily dosing. Conversely, the costs for the medical application of AICAR may be reasonable, especially if the compound reduces complications for ill or injured patients unable to exercise.

Professional athletes and AICAR

Despite the acquisition hurdles, the World Anti-Doping Association is concerned. Meanwhile, Dr. Evans has developed both urine and blood AICAR detection tests that may see the Summer 2008 Olympics.

While AICAR has been studied in humans, long-term safety and dosing for athletes has not been established. The 4-week Sulk Institute AICAR study compares to approximately three years worth of human consumption.

Can you buy the exercise pill?

Research on the "exercise in a pill" continues with much enthusiasm, but note that scams may parlay off of the success of the new development. Consequently, don't expect to find legitimate AICAR in a bottle any time soon.

SOURCES
Cell -http://www.cell.com/content/article/fulltext?uid=PIIS0092867408008386
/patents?id=jS2JAAAAEBAJ&dq=AICAR
Science Daily -http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080731135918.htm
CellSignal Laboratory -http://www.cellsignal.com/products/9944.html
Clinical Trials.gov-http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00168519?term=AICAR&rank=2
AICAR How much will it cost?" Research by author, designed for informational use only.

*This article may need updating*

In summary, endurance training produces metabolic and structural changes in the muscles. This study shows that AICAR can produce muscle reformation --a state influenced by gene expression (or activation), increased cellular energy and muscle fiber composition.

Bullshit theory.

PPl do not build muscle simply by doing endurance training. To get big you have to get strong.

No fucking pill is going to replicate resistance training with time under tension. No way. Not buying it.

You can't replace proper health of your heart, circulation, nervous system, strength, endurance, agility with a pill. Can only be done with exercise(s) and many different kinds of exercise.

A pill like a fat burner can increase thermogenic properties in the body to reduce bodyfat and make us "look" better but that's not to say they are healthy either. I have seen crack addicts with abs.

The red pill builds mental strength

I guess it all depends on how far down the rabbit hole you go .

Bullshit theory.

PPl do not build muscle simply by doing endurance training. To get big you have to get strong.

No fucking pill is going to replicate resistance training with time under tension. No way. Not buying it.

You can't replace proper health of your heart, circulation, nervous system, strength, endurance, agility with a pill. Can only be done with exercise(s) and many different kinds of exercise.

A pill like a fat burner can increase thermogenic properties in the body to reduce bodyfat and make us "look" better but that's not to say they are healthy either. I have seen crack addicts with abs.

When I was in basic training I seen 1st hand some very lean guys put on some noticeable muscle mass by the time we graduated. So yes, endurance training can build muscle mass to a certain extent.

When I was in basic training I seen 1st hand some very lean guys put on some noticeable muscle mass by the time we graduated. So yes, endurance training can build muscle mass to a certain extent.

deca def helps.

I can put on hella size doing outdoor drills with deca test in the mix. My old gym (pre-Rona) held boot camp style tournaments... something like 8 week challenges where you show up and do “Spartan race” type drills. I did those before I started piling up injuries. I still lifted about 3 days a week but short n sweet seshs. You can def build muscle with chin ups, wall climbs, belly crawls, rock carrying, jungle gym arm walks, push ups, log lifts, and wind sprints.

I mean you can just lift weights too but it’s cool to change it up.

Even pull ups or push ups are still resistance exercises. Using bodyweight.

Most everyone I knew in basic lost weight...way more calories going out then coming in. What they fed us wasn't much and there wasn't any extra snacks or shit.

So surprised at anyone putting on size with so fewer calories. Maybe you were Air Force and they fed you better?

IDK.

Even pull ups or push ups are still resistance exercises. Using bodyweight.

Most everyone I knew in basic lost weight...way more calories going out then coming in. What they fed us wasn't much and there wasn't any extra snacks or shit.

So surprised at anyone putting on size with so fewer calories. Maybe you were Air Force and they fed you better?

IDK.

HAHA wrong answer brother. U.S Army airborne ranger tried and true. Panama and the gulf war! I didn't say everyone in basic nor did I say a ton of muscle. I said a noticeable amount of muscle mass.
Yes, true most (including myself did lose some weight) but in my unit there were the few that added some muscle mass. I can totally get how you could easily over think this one.

Back