Arnold
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,802 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentino View Post
    View from the conference room of my hotel at the Wharf District. Just a lone capitol police officer blocking one of the roads down here. As Heckler said though, I wonít post pics of anything operation-related.
    Iím not doubting anything youíre saying cause Iím not there and you are. But it seems like 25,000 troops along with all of the military vehicles, high powered weapons, fences, barricades, etc. seems a bit excessive, no?
    PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

HOT BABES GALLERY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime916 View Post
    This is some crazy shit. I mean no one is even going there. So is it going to be like this from now on?
    As I said before, this is all just posturing and a show of force as a deterrent to the would-be ďbad actorsĒ, it is a tactic of prevention, rather than one of action. No, this will not become the new normal, things will go back to business as usual after the inauguration, assuming that the incoming Biden administration doesnít enact something crazy. Obviously, regardless of which mission I am a part of, I am still just a soldier and Iím not a decision-maker. I just know what this is and what it isnít. Anything beyond my role in this operation isnít part of my field of view. Hopefully that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Admin View Post
    Iím not doubting anything youíre saying cause Iím not there and you are. But it seems like 25,000 troops along with all of the military vehicles, high powered weapons, fences, barricades, etc. seems a bit excessive, no?
    No I absolutely agree that it IS excessive, I just know the reason behind it all. When the intelligence community receives information that points to the possibility of adverse action taking place, they are forced to act. This is all just reaction to that information. Obviously I canít speak on anything other than what I know, which isnít everything. But I do know quite a bit about the military forces on the ground and what their role in all of this is. If anyone hasnít already realized, the soldiers at checkpoints donít even have magazines loaded in their weapons. The military leaders at the highest levels DONT want this event to turn into an actual ďwar zoneĒ and are taking steps to prevent that from being a possibility. Like I said before, nothing Iím saying here has anything to do with the politics involved regardless of what side of the aisle anyone is on. Iím just here giving information that I can do as to maintain transparency so thereís no misunderstanding on this forum. Obviously the news and other individuals with present their own ideas and theories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    976 Posts
    Rep Points

As I said before, this is all just posturing and a show of force as a deterrent to the would-be ďbad actorsĒ, it is a tactic of prevention, rather than one of action. No, this will not become the new normal, things will go back to business as usual after the inauguration, assuming that the incoming Biden administration doesnít enact something crazy. Obviously, regardless of which mission I am a part of, I am still just a soldier and Iím not a decision-maker. I just know what this is and what it isnít. Anything beyond my role in this operation isnít part of my field of view. Hopefully that makes sense.

No I absolutely agree that it IS excessive, I just know the reason behind it all. When the intelligence community receives information that points to the possibility of adverse action taking place, they are forced to act. This is all just reaction to that information. Obviously I canít speak on anything other than what I know, which isnít everything. But I do know quite a bit about the military forces on the ground and what their role in all of this is. If anyone hasnít already realized, the soldiers at checkpoints donít even have magazines loaded in their weapons. The military leaders at the highest levels DONT want this event to turn into an actual ďwar zoneĒ and are taking steps to prevent that from being a possibility. Like I said before, nothing Iím saying here has anything to do with the politics involved regardless of what side of the aisle anyone is on. Iím just here giving information that I can do as to maintain transparency so thereís no misunderstanding on this forum. Obviously the news and other individuals with present their own ideas and theories.

I got ya, just amazes me that we see all this but for months we had some real bad shit go down and no one wanted the guard, no one.
    But now? Oh yeah stack em high lol. A show of force sure would have went a long way when they were burning shit down to the ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Rep Points

I got ya, just amazes me that we see all this but for months we had some real bad shit go down and no one wanted the guard, no one.
    But now? Oh yeah stack em high lol. A show of force sure would have went a long way when they were burning shit down to the ground.
    You and I are absolutely on the same page there, no question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    976 Posts
    Rep Points

You and I are absolutely on the same page there, no question
    Do you get that feeling from others with you or no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Rep Points

Do you get that feeling from others with you or no?
    Honestly, that all comes down to political view obviously. However, regardless of how anyone feels about the protests, the general consensus is that it is never acceptable to burn down a city or cause destruction to someone elseís property. Thatís not the way to bring positive attention to a cause

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Rep Points

It looks to me to be an intimidation attempt to discourage all protests peaceful or otherwise. It seems to go hand in hand with all the "reports" of potential violent protests at state capitals the fbi is looking into.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    519 Posts
    Rep Points

It makes perfect sense to me, they want to deter these morons from trying to pull some dumb shit like a couple weeks ago and breaking into the capital building. Iím a trump supporter but that was just a completely idiotic stunt and you canít have that kind of shit happening from either side

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,499 Posts
    Rep Points

25K troops are now getting vetted by the fbi because politicians are worried there could be "insiders".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    683 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks bro for the info. I was just gonna ask everyone here why everytime I see videos or pictures of the National Guard I never see any magazines in their weapons. I would assume they are carrying them but who knows. I donít I just know if shit popped off Americans or not Iíd want ammo for my weapons. Iím sure their M4ís work much better as a rifle than a stick. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 View Post
    Thanks bro for the info. I was just gonna ask everyone here why everytime I see videos or pictures of the National Guard I never see any magazines in their weapons. I would assume they are carrying them but who knows. I donít I just know if shit popped off Americans or not Iíd want ammo for my weapons. Iím sure their M4ís work much better as a rifle than a stick. Lol
    So, as of this moment, I know they have not given changes to orders regarding going condition 1 (magazine loaded, round chambered), however I do not know whether they have given them ammo or not. I have seen this largely traveling around and also speaking with commanders that they have not been authorized to load mags into weapons. I think this largely has to do more with the risk of a civilian getting shot by a soldier, as happened over the summer while I was on the ground in Louisville. Justified or not, a Guardsman shooting a civilian is never going to go over well with the populace. I do however agree though, this is a poor decision. A soldier with an empty gun is more apt to be a target to someone that is there to commit crimes because they are a soft target, and now more and more people are realizing this due to the posts on social media showing the soldiers with unloaded weapons. All I know, is that if it were me standing around on guard at a TCP, Iíd have my personal firearm concealed if my command were too scared to give me adequate protection.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,294 Posts
    Rep Points

So, as of this moment, I know they have not given changes to orders regarding going condition 1 (magazine loaded, round chambered), however I do not know whether they have given them ammo or not. I have seen this largely traveling around and also speaking with commanders that they have not been authorized to load mags into weapons. I think this largely has to do more with the risk of a civilian getting shot by a soldier, as happened over the summer while I was on the ground in Louisville. Justified or not, a Guardsman shooting a civilian is never going to go over well with the populace. I do however agree though, this is a poor decision. A soldier with an empty gun is more apt to be a target to someone that is there to commit crimes because they are a soft target, and now more and more people are realizing this due to the posts on social media showing the soldiers with unloaded weapons. All I know, is that if it were me standing around on guard at a TCP, Iíd have my personal firearm concealed if my command were too scared to give me adequate protection.
    Appreciate your insight.

As a civilian I feel like (and maybe I am wrong) that a Soldier is far more of a deterrent then a Police Officer. Cops are often seen as the bad guys even when they are good, but Soldiers are very much more highly admired and respected in the Community.

I think the uniform alone is a deterrent.

Even Politicians know if you go against the Military, the community is going to turn against you. The dems can shout "defund the police" all day and have some fools back them. I dare them to say Defund the Marines. LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Rep Points

Was the election fair, in your opinion?

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,808 Posts
    Rep Points

No disrespect taken brother, and my words probably came out wrong. Of course thereís nothing normal about this, I just meant there are still people walking, eating, drinking out at places, trying to live with some semblance of normalcy in spite of all the chaos
    I understand where youíre coming from. I hope we will always have some sort of normalcy like tou mention no matter what happens

Either way, Iím proud to know ya and call you a bro Y

I respect military, all military, I have family who serve and others who already have paid the ultimate price. You always chime in with a voice of reason in the hot topics and I appreciate that

Stay safe Mano!

And arrest some criminals lol

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,624 Posts
    Rep Points

Biden Inaugural: Two Thousand National Guard Troops in D.C. Sworn in as Special Deputy U.S. Marshals

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-u-s-marshals/

2000 NG TROOPS SWORN IN AS U.S. MARSHALS

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please