• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Formal TRT/HRT Screening with Endocardiologist - Questions/Feedback!

Sponx

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Good Afternoon All!

So, I went to have a screening done with an Endocardiologist regarding getting onto a proper TRT/HRT.
The screening went pretty well, asked a ton of questions regarding qualifications, etc... And they are sending me in for a huge blood panel - testing my pituitary gland, thyroid, estrogen, free test, total test, etc...

I let the doctor know that I was self-administering test (which she said was fine and just to stop for the next (4) weeks for the bloodwork to actually "SHOW" low testosterone).

My main goal is to be able to have everything monitored, by a doctor, regularly, and covered by insurance.

My questions are...

Anything else I should know on this end, any other feedback as I start going down this road?

Also, how do you guys manage to cycle "blasts" when on monitored TRT/HRT?

Thank you everyone!

I've been on TRT so long I can't even remember. My doc orders a quarterly blood work that I can walk in anytime every three months and take it. Results are on the hospital site in couple of days and I log in to see. If anything is way out of ordinary my doc will call me and if not we move on.
Now usually I only do blood work twice. Early in the year and mid year. When I blast I make sure I am completely off everything for at least a month other than my regular TRT dose. When I do my labs its usually exactly where its supposed to be.

Sounds like you have a doc that might "work" with you. Other than that, good luck. Depending on insurance, they may want test levels checked every 6 mos or once a year. Ask the nurse and she can usually find out for you. Playing the trt game sucks though. You and the doctor will both probably get frustrated when numbers are bouncing on subsequent tests. Even knowing as much as we do about pinning, half lives, etc, you will still end up having high tests at times. And then the doc will want to drop your dosage back. But...she may have already given you her suggestion on what she prefers you do...quit pinning 30 days ahead of time and come back low. Again, good luck.

Just make sure, as previously stated, to make sure you go back on your Dr prescribed cruise at least a month before the blood test. Personally, for long esters I make that 6 weeks, it just depends on what I blasted with.

Solid feedback guys, thank you! I appreciate this advice and hindsight.

So.. Now they are saying they want me to stay off for 12 weeks before they run my full panel...

Thoughts on that? That seems like a long time without pinning or taking anything at all... Ugh!

So.. Now they are saying they want me to stay off for 12 weeks before they run my full panel...

Thoughts on that? That seems like a long time without pinning or taking anything at all... Ugh!

Yeah. I have a real doc, not a clinic, and referred a friend of mine . Friend was on 200 clinic cyp. Real doc told him to drop it 120 for 4 weeks, and the levels would reflect properly to justify the switch over in care.

Are you on a cruise, using gear year round ?

Yeah. I have a real doc, not a clinic, and referred a friend of mine . Friend was on 200 clinic cyp. Real doc told him to drop it 120 for 4 weeks, and the levels would reflect properly to justify the switch over in care.

Are you on a cruise, using gear year round ?

Yeah, I am going to a real doctor too.

I have been on doing about 200mg a week currently, have been on and off cycles for about 4 years.

They are telling me to drop the test I am doing now for 12 weeks to have "justified" levels to get me on a treatment/TRT plan.

Yeah, I am going to a real doctor too.

I have been on doing about 200mg a week currently, have been on and off cycles for about 4 years.

They are telling me to drop the test I am doing now for 12 weeks to have "justified" levels to get me on a treatment/TRT plan.

Man that’s a long time I agree to feel like shit with tanked levels.
Did you talk to the doc about that ? “Hey doc I’m pretty concerned about how I might feel physically and emotionally with tanked levels for so long “

If they are not receptive, go off for 4 weeks, pay out of pocket for private bloods, if they show low go back to the doc and say hey look at these I’m ready for your tests

- - - Updated - - -

Could take a bit longer I suppose maybe 6 at most

Man that’s a long time I agree to feel like shit with tanked levels.
Did you talk to the doc about that ? “Hey doc I’m pretty concerned about how I might feel physically and emotionally with tanked levels for so long “

If they are not receptive, go off for 4 weeks, pay out of pocket for private bloods, if they show low go back to the doc and say hey look at these I’m ready for your tests

- - - Updated - - -

Could take a bit longer I suppose maybe 6 at most

That's a good idea, thanks man.

Back