SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,975 Posts
    Rep Points

Figured out my "why"

This is gonna be sappy, so heads up, it's not the pit

I've been asked why I bodybuild and train and eat the way I do. I never really had any other reason then because I was always a fat kid and, most of the time, fat adult so, I wanted to be healthier. Yes, aas aren't healthy the way we use them but, I believe even my use is healthier then if I had continued to live the way I was.

So that's, what I've always said my reasoning was.

I'm also a big believer that things and people are put into our life's for a reason we might not understand or realize but, in time, we see why they are there.

My son, step son who I have raised since he was 5 as many of you might know , started lifting weights in the garage a couple years back. To that point, we had nothing in common and had some really bad times as father and son together.

I didn't and don't train with him. He asks questions and I'll answer them. He would come in and ask for a spot or to see what he was doing wrong and I would go help. He asked me to make him a meal plan which I did and, he followed for a bit and still kinda does by making better choices in food.

He had his first powerlifting meet Yday. 420lb squat, 410 dead, 260 bench and he did this with an injury to his shoulder he got two days prior. I think he pulled his posterior delt somehow and it's painful I can tell.

I guess my point is, if it hadn't been for me training and doing what I do and being able to help him with my knowledge Of training and diet, what would he be doing? Training? Don't know. Going to his first powerlifting meet? Don't think so. Going to his first meet and doing so with a pretty painful injury? Don't think so.

The things we're doing everyday are affecting those around us, especially our children so, do what you love with all your heart and share that with anyone who might be interested. Your son, your friend, a person who asks you a question at the gym. You might just change their life without knowing.

Sappy post done.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,141 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    This is gonna be sappy, so heads up, it's not the pit

I've been asked why I bodybuild and train and eat the way I do. I never really had any other reason then because I was always a fat kid and, most of the time, fat adult so, I wanted to be healthier. Yes, aas aren't healthy the way we use them but, I believe even my use is healthier then if I had continued to live the way I was.

So that's, what I've always said my reasoning was.

I'm also a big believer that things and people are put into our life's for a reason we might not understand or realize but, in time, we see why they are there.

My son, step son who I have raised since he was 5 as many of you might know , started lifting weights in the garage a couple years back. To that point, we had nothing in common and had some really bad times as father and son together.

I didn't and don't train with him. He asks questions and I'll answer them. He would come in and ask for a spot or to see what he was doing wrong and I would go help. He asked me to make him a meal plan which I did and, he followed for a bit and still kinda does by making better choices in food.

He had his first powerlifting meet Yday. 420lb squat, 410 dead, 260 bench and he did this with an injury to his shoulder he got two days prior. I think he pulled his posterior delt somehow and it's painful I can tell.

I guess my point is, if it hadn't been for me training and doing what I do and being able to help him with my knowledge Of training and diet, what would he be doing? Training? Don't know. Going to his first powerlifting meet? Don't think so. Going to his first meet and doing so with a pretty painful injury? Don't think so.

The things we're doing everyday are affecting those around us, especially our children so, do what you love with all your heart and share that with anyone who might be interested. Your son, your friend, a person who asks you a question at the gym. You might just change their life without knowing.

Sappy post done.
    Thatís awesome, man. I had this exact conversation with someone this morning in the gym parking lot. Like you, my response was ďbecause I was a skinny kid and I grew up in this lifestyle. Itís what I know as a normal lifeĒ. I donít necessarily believe the answer I gave him. At least not 100%. I just havenít found the other half of my answer as to why. But Iím happy you found yours and that you and your son have found a common interest.

vv mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    706 Posts
    Rep Points

has your your son brought up steroids? Im just curious.

My son is still young and we share many sports. I taught him to swim at 3 and put him on the swim team before he turned 4. I taught him to ride and now we go on 10 mile ride even at his age. This year I am teaching him to snowboard and he is actually pretty good at it for a 5 year old. The gym, lifting is where I usually get my alone time (before covid) Im not sure when he will show an interest or how i should handle the PED discussion because with social media and knowing his genetics He will not be able to look the way these fake nattys look.
    All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Rep Points

Right on man! That is good shit. Kids are constantly watching and soaking in what we do, more than what we say.

Iíve had my son in jiu jitsu since he was 3 years old, now only 5, and heís a beast. I drag him to the gym with me and he sees me train hard, so I donít even have to tell him itís important to, he learns by the example.

Being locked in the peopleís republic of California, leaves us a lot of one on one time, and we train together an hour a day. Training, strength, and health are being engraved in his souls daily, I expect at some point he will push back, but like everything purely good for the body, mind and soul he will always come back

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,633 Posts
    Rep Points

Awesome bro

UNCLE Z REP

WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,277 Posts
    Rep Points

It is your truth! I donít think itís sappy at all and I agree. Obesity it definitely one of the worst epidemics on a level far beyond PED use . Cheers to you for improving your life

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,129 Posts
    Rep Points

Those are some decent numbers for someone who has only been lifting for a few years, congrats to your boy monte

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me ~ Wesley Swolle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,590 Posts
    Rep Points

One of the best posts I've seen in awhile. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts
    Rep Points

I always help anyone who approaches me. Even if its mid set. You never know how you touch someones life.

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,975 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnyguy180 View Post
    has your your son brought up steroids? Im just curious.

My son is still young and we share many sports. I taught him to swim at 3 and put him on the swim team before he turned 4. I taught him to ride and now we go on 10 mile ride even at his age. This year I am teaching him to snowboard and he is actually pretty good at it for a 5 year old. The gym, lifting is where I usually get my alone time (before covid) Im not sure when he will show an interest or how i should handle the PED discussion because with social media and knowing his genetics He will not be able to look the way these fake nattys look.
    He hasn't yet.

He's 16 and is interested in supplements right now so hopefully there's time lol

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

When did he start lifting? I started lifting when I was 13 and honestly it helped keep me away from other bad things. Unfortunately I started steroids in my early 20s and if I had to do it again, I would have waited until 30s at least. The thing is I think from 16 to around mid 20s, amazing gains can be made with legal and less unhealthy supplements.
    BTW, great initial post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    He hasn't yet.

He's 16 and is interested in supplements right now so hopefully there's time lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    One of the best posts I've seen in awhile. Thank you for sharing.
    Yes it is ! Finally something down to earth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,975 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by 86_SCH View Post
    When did he start lifting? I started lifting when I was 13 and honestly it helped keep me away from other bad things. Unfortunately I started steroids in my early 20s and if I had to do it again, I would have waited until 30s at least. The thing is I think from 16 to around mid 20s, amazing gains can be made with legal and less unhealthy supplements.
    BTW, great initial post.
    I guess it's been two years?

Only the last year he's been VERY consistent

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Rep Points

It is wonderful that you got common interests with your son. It seems to me that he wanted to get closer to you and began to get interested in training. Great post, thanks!

We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Thx for this post, its really one of the best posts I've seen in awhile. Thank you sir!