• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Figured out my "why"

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
This is gonna be sappy, so heads up, it's not the pit

I've been asked why I bodybuild and train and eat the way I do. I never really had any other reason then because I was always a fat kid and, most of the time, fat adult so, I wanted to be healthier. Yes, aas aren't healthy the way we use them but, I believe even my use is healthier then if I had continued to live the way I was.

So that's, what I've always said my reasoning was.

I'm also a big believer that things and people are put into our life's for a reason we might not understand or realize but, in time, we see why they are there.

My son, step son who I have raised since he was 5 as many of you might know , started lifting weights in the garage a couple years back. To that point, we had nothing in common and had some really bad times as father and son together.

I didn't and don't train with him. He asks questions and I'll answer them. He would come in and ask for a spot or to see what he was doing wrong and I would go help. He asked me to make him a meal plan which I did and, he followed for a bit and still kinda does by making better choices in food.

He had his first powerlifting meet Yday. 420lb squat, 410 dead, 260 bench and he did this with an injury to his shoulder he got two days prior. I think he pulled his posterior delt somehow and it's painful I can tell.

I guess my point is, if it hadn't been for me training and doing what I do and being able to help him with my knowledge Of training and diet, what would he be doing? Training? Don't know. Going to his first powerlifting meet? Don't think so. Going to his first meet and doing so with a pretty painful injury? Don't think so.

The things we're doing everyday are affecting those around us, especially our children so, do what you love with all your heart and share that with anyone who might be interested. Your son, your friend, a person who asks you a question at the gym. You might just change their life without knowing.

Sappy post done.

This is gonna be sappy, so heads up, it's not the pit

I've been asked why I bodybuild and train and eat the way I do. I never really had any other reason then because I was always a fat kid and, most of the time, fat adult so, I wanted to be healthier. Yes, aas aren't healthy the way we use them but, I believe even my use is healthier then if I had continued to live the way I was.

So that's, what I've always said my reasoning was.

I'm also a big believer that things and people are put into our life's for a reason we might not understand or realize but, in time, we see why they are there.

My son, step son who I have raised since he was 5 as many of you might know , started lifting weights in the garage a couple years back. To that point, we had nothing in common and had some really bad times as father and son together.

I didn't and don't train with him. He asks questions and I'll answer them. He would come in and ask for a spot or to see what he was doing wrong and I would go help. He asked me to make him a meal plan which I did and, he followed for a bit and still kinda does by making better choices in food.

He had his first powerlifting meet Yday. 420lb squat, 410 dead, 260 bench and he did this with an injury to his shoulder he got two days prior. I think he pulled his posterior delt somehow and it's painful I can tell.

I guess my point is, if it hadn't been for me training and doing what I do and being able to help him with my knowledge Of training and diet, what would he be doing? Training? Don't know. Going to his first powerlifting meet? Don't think so. Going to his first meet and doing so with a pretty painful injury? Don't think so.

The things we're doing everyday are affecting those around us, especially our children so, do what you love with all your heart and share that with anyone who might be interested. Your son, your friend, a person who asks you a question at the gym. You might just change their life without knowing.

Sappy post done.

That’s awesome, man. I had this exact conversation with someone this morning in the gym parking lot. Like you, my response was “because I was a skinny kid and I grew up in this lifestyle. It’s what I know as a normal life”. I don’t necessarily believe the answer I gave him. At least not 100%. I just haven’t found the other half of my answer as to why. But I’m happy you found yours and that you and your son have found a common interest.

has your your son brought up steroids? Im just curious.

My son is still young and we share many sports. I taught him to swim at 3 and put him on the swim team before he turned 4. I taught him to ride and now we go on 10 mile ride even at his age. This year I am teaching him to snowboard and he is actually pretty good at it for a 5 year old. The gym, lifting is where I usually get my alone time (before covid) Im not sure when he will show an interest or how i should handle the PED discussion because with social media and knowing his genetics He will not be able to look the way these fake nattys look.

Right on man! That is good shit. Kids are constantly watching and soaking in what we do, more than what we say.

I’ve had my son in jiu jitsu since he was 3 years old, now only 5, and he’s a beast. I drag him to the gym with me and he sees me train hard, so I don’t even have to tell him it’s important to, he learns by the example.

Being locked in the people’s republic of California, leaves us a lot of one on one time, and we train together an hour a day. Training, strength, and health are being engraved in his souls daily, I expect at some point he will push back, but like everything purely good for the body, mind and soul he will always come back

It is your truth! I don’t think it’s sappy at all and I agree. Obesity it definitely one of the worst epidemics on a level far beyond PED use . Cheers to you for improving your life

Max

Those are some decent numbers for someone who has only been lifting for a few years, congrats to your boy monte

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me ~ Wesley Swolle

I always help anyone who approaches me. Even if its mid set. You never know how you touch someones life.

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk

has your your son brought up steroids? Im just curious.

My son is still young and we share many sports. I taught him to swim at 3 and put him on the swim team before he turned 4. I taught him to ride and now we go on 10 mile ride even at his age. This year I am teaching him to snowboard and he is actually pretty good at it for a 5 year old. The gym, lifting is where I usually get my alone time (before covid) Im not sure when he will show an interest or how i should handle the PED discussion because with social media and knowing his genetics He will not be able to look the way these fake nattys look.

He hasn't yet.

He's 16 and is interested in supplements right now so hopefully there's time lol

IML Gear Cream!
When did he start lifting? I started lifting when I was 13 and honestly it helped keep me away from other bad things. Unfortunately I started steroids in my early 20s and if I had to do it again, I would have waited until 30s at least. The thing is I think from 16 to around mid 20s, amazing gains can be made with legal and less unhealthy supplements.
BTW, great initial post.
He hasn't yet.

He's 16 and is interested in supplements right now so hopefully there's time lol

When did he start lifting? I started lifting when I was 13 and honestly it helped keep me away from other bad things. Unfortunately I started steroids in my early 20s and if I had to do it again, I would have waited until 30s at least. The thing is I think from 16 to around mid 20s, amazing gains can be made with legal and less unhealthy supplements.
BTW, great initial post.
I guess it's been two years?

Only the last year he's been VERY consistent

Back