Flying international with gear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Rep Points

Flying international with gear

Anyone ever fly out of country with gear? I'm technically going to be in the US Virgin Islands, but it's still outside of the states. Was considering putting enough in my checked bag to hold me over but TSA says checked bags are scanned and needles must be accompanied by a prescription medication. Can't get anything on the island and Covid has made shipping things there difficult. Any advice on a safe way to get my stuff out there would be appreciated.
    The original MightyMouse.

The Video Guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    Rep Points

Simple get a trt prescription. Easy to get and then you donít have to worry about it. Get 2-3 prescription bottles and put whatever u like in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Video Guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    Rep Points

But in the time being get some iso test and depending on how long you are going to be there that will hold ya over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,296 Posts
    Rep Points

Back from the desert, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, wait, that's not you in the OP . . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,757 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty-Mouse View Post
    Simple get a trt prescription. Easy to get and then you donít have to worry about it. Get 2-3 prescription bottles and put whatever u like in it

Damn...had to do a double take on the names there. Thought you'd got dementia and were answering your own post MM. Was also trying to figure out why *you* were asking about flying w/ gear.

OP, just make sure you don't wear your maga hat or you'll be separated for extra screening and put on the no fly list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Rep Points

Injected in your body and happy in your blood stream... sorry for the semi smirky reply

Gotta do some risk analysis. Risk vs reward. How important is it, how long are you there , vs some serious criminal issues.

Just a quick vacation? Go without , load up ahead of time with enough in your blood to keep you feeling well, and put orals checked in your bag in some Advil or something, would be no issue.

Going for work for a month? Is it possible to ship it to your lodging location ?

I went on a 6 week trip abroad ad a few years ago, and found a source that would ship me everything I needed to a hotel . Was waiting for me at the front desk, and I traveled peacefully through international customs knowing I was clean. If there would have been any issue at the hotel, I had plausible deniability, but there was no issue.

The Video Guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Damn...had to do a double take on the names there. Thought you'd got dementia and were answering your own post MM. Was also trying to figure out why *you* were asking about flying w/ gear.

OP, just make sure you don't wear your maga hat or you'll be separated for extra screening and put on the no fly list.
    Man I got stoped in Atlanta a few days ago when I got back into country for a check. 1 hr till my connecting flight and they had me hemmed up in the check area.

He said is there anything in your bag u need to tell me about.... I said Valium and testosterone .... hereís my scrips my flight is about to leave.

Got to my med container and I couldnít open it. He said donít worry about it you got a script have a nice flight.

Like fuck... really ok got a mini bomb in there too piece out.

Then I get an email the next day saying my global entry app has been denied well fuck u government

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,757 Posts
    Rep Points

Man I got stoped in Atlanta a few days ago when I got back into country for a check. 1 hr till my connecting flight and they had me hemmed up in the check area.

He said is there anything in your bag u need to tell me about.... I said Valium and testosterone .... hereís my scrips my flight is about to leave.

Got to my med container and I couldnít open it. He said donít worry about it you got a script have a nice flight.

Like fuck... really ok got a mini bomb in there too piece out.

Then I get an email the next day saying my global entry app has been denied well fuck u government

I think it's going to get worse. I posted a tidbit over in the "police state" thread about faa cracking down on trump supporters, mask debaters, etc.

The Video Guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    I think it's going to get worse. I posted a tidbit over in the "police state" thread about faa cracking down on trump supporters, mask debaters, etc.
    I can tell you this.... people in saudi are more free than us. Besides no alcohol and guns.... they donít tax your pay they donít tax your home they donít tax you for schools. Hell they donít tax the gas.

They have a 5% sales tax that raised to 15% for corona relief but man it is so much easier over there.

Streets are safer and cops actually protect and serve. They donít pull u over for traffic infractions but you can call them if you got a flat or need automotive assistance on the street. If you get into an accident or if u need them at your house other than that they mind their buisness and leave u alone.

Shit hits the fan Iím moving my ass to Saudi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,296 Posts
    Rep Points

Could this be because your travel destination is a muslim terrorist breeding ground?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Rep Points

I can't. Just found out I was going last night. I fly out tonight and I will be there 6 months for work. No time to get a script.

The Video Guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    Could this be because your travel destination is a muslim terrorist breeding ground?
    Never thought of that.... I wouldnít call saudi a terrorist breading ground as much like iraq Iran and Yemen. Saudis in the last month executed like 20 or so terrorist

The Video Guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    I can't. Just found out I was going last night. I fly out tonight and I will be there 6 months for work. No time to get a script.
    What about getting a script over there? Run real low on your test then get a script there I was about to do that in saudi but the reopened the boarders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Rep Points

I went to this same area a few months ago on a last second job and decided not to bring anything. Was there 5 weeks and felt like I was going to die. Like straight DT level shittyness. Now I just found out I have to go back for 6 months on 2 days notice. Might have to get with a source that ships international and order once I get there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,757 Posts
    Rep Points

I can tell you this.... people in saudi are more free than us. Besides no alcohol and guns.... they donít tax your pay they donít tax your home they donít tax you for schools. Hell they donít tax the gas.

They have a 5% sales tax that raised to 15% for corona relief but man it is so much easier over there.

Streets are safer and cops actually protect and serve. They donít pull u over for traffic infractions but you can call them if you got a flat or need automotive assistance on the street. If you get into an accident or if u need them at your house other than that they mind their buisness and leave u alone.

Shit hits the fan Iím moving my ass to Saudi

No guns or booze? I'm out.

Kinda weird you would be ok with that too? Coming from a top shelf guy like yourself, I mean. No disrespect.