Brewing insulin

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Brewing insulin

  1. #1
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    340

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Rep Points
    488178855

    Brewing insulin

    So I have a question. I am a type 1 diabetic and as of January 1st my insurance changed and the cost of my insulin ( humalog or novalog) has gone through the roof price wise. For the past 2 years I have not paid more than 35$ per vial and that last me 10 days. I just found out that with the new insurance company my insulin is going to cost 250$ per vial ( lasts me 10 days) or 600$ per month for my prescription. Iíve done everything I could between calling my endocrinologist, talking with the insurance company, and with the pharmacy and even the generics of humalog and novalog are still close to 250$ per vial which will kill me having to pay that. My father lost his house because of how much it cost for me to live growing up as a kid being diabetic, and now I am in the same boat and donít know what to do. So I have came here to ask some questions. Has anyone here brewed Humalog or novalog insulin before? I am coming down to my last resorts in trying to find a way to get my insulin cost down so I donít die because of the cost. If anyone can help me with ideas or other alternatives I am up for anything at this point. Thanks again

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    maxmuscle1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    14,986

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22,029
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12,413
    Thanked in
    7,735 Posts
    Rep Points
    647550769

    No. The only thing you can do is contact

    https://insulinhelp.org

    1-800-DIABETES

    MAX

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    suraonyx23's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,891

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,601
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    795
    Thanked in
    565 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Umm brew insulin?? Have never heard this one before so beats me

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    STTM's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,015

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    426
    Thanked in
    312 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Insulin is expensive if you choose to go through the USA's medical system. Humalog and Novalog are also named brands, so you are going to pay out the ass for them. There are generics available for cheap on many "pharmacies" located in ASIA.

    Here's a link

    https://aipctshop.com/?s=insulin&sea...t_type=product

    If metaformin is an option for you, I have plenty of that I can send you to maybe you get you by until you get something figured out.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    STTM's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,015

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    426
    Thanked in
    312 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Drugsgear also has 1000iu Novorapid for $60, and other options.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Cruefan89's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,993

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    403
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,148
    Thanked in
    885 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickp777 View Post
    So I have a question. I am a type 1 diabetic and as of January 1st my insurance changed and the cost of my insulin ( humalog or novalog) has gone through the roof price wise. For the past 2 years I have not paid more than 35$ per vial and that last me 10 days. I just found out that with the new insurance company my insulin is going to cost 250$ per vial ( lasts me 10 days) or 600$ per month for my prescription. Iíve done everything I could between calling my endocrinologist, talking with the insurance company, and with the pharmacy and even the generics of humalog and novalog are still close to 250$ per vial which will kill me having to pay that. My father lost his house because of how much it cost for me to live growing up as a kid being diabetic, and now I am in the same boat and donít know what to do. So I have came here to ask some questions. Has anyone here brewed Humalog or novalog insulin before? I am coming down to my last resorts in trying to find a way to get my insulin cost down so I donít die because of the cost. If anyone can help me with ideas or other alternatives I am up for anything at this point. Thanks again


    Dude I lost my best friend to diabetes and my wife was type 1 up until her kidney pancreas transplant 11 years ago.

    https://insulinhelp.org/


    Iíve always had insurance but Iím sure thereís something they can do to help you

    ďMove over for a damage caseĒ

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,882

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,848
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,484
    Thanked in
    3,010 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Check price at Walmart for their generic brand. The brand name ones are crazy expensive. Other than that you can't brew your own insulin. These other guys have have some good advice

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    CompoundLifts31's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,110

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,583
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,534
    Thanked in
    2,545 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    Check price at Walmart for their generic brand. The brand name ones are crazy expensive. Other than that you can't brew your own insulin. These other guys have have some good advice
    I cant find the insulin everyone talks about for less than $25. I want some lol

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    CompoundLifts31's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,110

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,583
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,534
    Thanked in
    2,545 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    I was jk. I know you have to ask a pharmacist for it. It was a joke, but I don't want people thinking I am looking next to the Cheerios for insulin.

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD
    REHH's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,672

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,284
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,462
    Thanked in
    2,968 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Novolin R at Walmart here is 25.00
    IRONLION LABS
    Quality HGH, Raws and Peptides
    Contact: ironlion@keemail.me
    Website: www.ironlion-lab.is
    Wickr: ironlionlabs


    SARMS-PEPTIDE SHOP
    Website: https://sarms-peptide.shop/
    Contact: Orders@sarms-peptide.shop


    Click here**PLEASE READ THE RULES**

  11. #11
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    340

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Rep Points
    488178855

    Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post
    No. The only thing you can do is contact

    https://insulinhelp.org

    1-800-DIABETES

    MAX
    thank you so much sir you have know idea how much you just helped me! Luckily I qualified for a card through Lilly and I am now paying 35$ for a months supply, which is absolutely crazy! You just have to be a US resident and not be on any state or federal aid. I spent two days trying to figure out better solutions but not even my endo, pharmacist , or insurance company told me about this which blows my mind! I talked to my endocrinologist about it and she said if it works to call her back because thereís other people in the same boat as me and would help them out just as much! This is a huge eye opener for me realizing how corrupt the pharmaceutical industry is, and itís not only for diabetes itís every other disease as well. Im mind blown that nobody including my endocrinologist knew about this. Thank you again sir you have know idea how much you just helped me!!

  12. #12
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    340

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Rep Points
    488178855

    Quote Originally Posted by REHH View Post
    Novolin R at Walmart here is 25.00
    yea but itís just a bad insulin for me. My blood sugar goes up and down like crazy on it.. Iíve gone from 350 down to 55 back up to 280 down to 66.. itís just hard to control especially when I need to eat. I get real sick on it when I do use it.

  13. #13
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    340

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Rep Points
    488178855

    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    Check price at Walmart for their generic brand. The brand name ones are crazy expensive. Other than that you can't brew your own insulin. These other guys have have some good advice
    Yep its incredible how corrupt everything is Iím getting a big eye opening at the age of 25 as we speak lol it blows my mind.

  14. #14
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    340

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Rep Points
    488178855

    Quote Originally Posted by STTM View Post
    Insulin is expensive if you choose to go through the USA's medical system. Humalog and Novalog are also named brands, so you are going to pay out the ass for them. There are generics available for cheap on many "pharmacies" located in ASIA.

    Here's a link


    https://aipctshop.com/?s=insulin&sea...t_type=product

    If metaformin is an option for you, I have plenty of that I can send you to maybe you get you by until you get something figured out.
    thank you sir for helping me and offering me all that you have itís good to know that thereís still some decent people out there. Luckily I have found a pretty good solution and if it wasnít for you guys, I would literally be fucked lol thank you for your advice and help i really appreciate it!

Similar Threads

  1. Someone's brewing
    By Sheriv in forum The Pit
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-12-2016, 05:33 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2015, 04:31 PM
  3. First time brewing
    By stray in forum Research & Homebrew Chemistry
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 09:02 PM
  4. First time brewing
    By ohthatoneguy in forum Research & Homebrew Chemistry
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 03:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2021 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums