Brewing insulin

Thread: Brewing insulin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Rep Points

Brewing insulin

So I have a question. I am a type 1 diabetic and as of January 1st my insurance changed and the cost of my insulin ( humalog or novalog) has gone through the roof price wise. For the past 2 years I have not paid more than 35$ per vial and that last me 10 days. I just found out that with the new insurance company my insulin is going to cost 250$ per vial ( lasts me 10 days) or 600$ per month for my prescription. Iíve done everything I could between calling my endocrinologist, talking with the insurance company, and with the pharmacy and even the generics of humalog and novalog are still close to 250$ per vial which will kill me having to pay that. My father lost his house because of how much it cost for me to live growing up as a kid being diabetic, and now I am in the same boat and donít know what to do. So I have came here to ask some questions. Has anyone here brewed Humalog or novalog insulin before? I am coming down to my last resorts in trying to find a way to get my insulin cost down so I donít die because of the cost. If anyone can help me with ideas or other alternatives I am up for anything at this point. Thanks again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,735 Posts
    Rep Points

No. The only thing you can do is contact

https://insulinhelp.org

1-800-DIABETES

MAX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    565 Posts
    Rep Points

Umm brew insulin?? Have never heard this one before so beats me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts
    Rep Points

Insulin is expensive if you choose to go through the USA's medical system. Humalog and Novalog are also named brands, so you are going to pay out the ass for them. There are generics available for cheap on many "pharmacies" located in ASIA.

Here's a link

https://aipctshop.com/?s=insulin&sea...t_type=product

If metaformin is an option for you, I have plenty of that I can send you to maybe you get you by until you get something figured out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts
    Rep Points

Drugsgear also has 1000iu Novorapid for $60, and other options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    885 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nickp777 View Post
    So I have a question. I am a type 1 diabetic and as of January 1st my insurance changed and the cost of my insulin ( humalog or novalog) has gone through the roof price wise. For the past 2 years I have not paid more than 35$ per vial and that last me 10 days. I just found out that with the new insurance company my insulin is going to cost 250$ per vial ( lasts me 10 days) or 600$ per month for my prescription. Iíve done everything I could between calling my endocrinologist, talking with the insurance company, and with the pharmacy and even the generics of humalog and novalog are still close to 250$ per vial which will kill me having to pay that. My father lost his house because of how much it cost for me to live growing up as a kid being diabetic, and now I am in the same boat and donít know what to do. So I have came here to ask some questions. Has anyone here brewed Humalog or novalog insulin before? I am coming down to my last resorts in trying to find a way to get my insulin cost down so I donít die because of the cost. If anyone can help me with ideas or other alternatives I am up for anything at this point. Thanks again

Dude I lost my best friend to diabetes and my wife was type 1 up until her kidney pancreas transplant 11 years ago.

https://insulinhelp.org/

Iíve always had insurance but Iím sure thereís something they can do to help you

ďMove over for a damage caseĒ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,010 Posts
    Rep Points

Check price at Walmart for their generic brand. The brand name ones are crazy expensive. Other than that you can't brew your own insulin. These other guys have have some good advice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,545 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    Check price at Walmart for their generic brand. The brand name ones are crazy expensive. Other than that you can't brew your own insulin. These other guys have have some good advice
    I cant find the insulin everyone talks about for less than $25. I want some lol

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,545 Posts
    Rep Points

I was jk. I know you have to ask a pharmacist for it. It was a joke, but I don't want people thinking I am looking next to the Cheerios for insulin.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,968 Posts
    Rep Points

Novolin R at Walmart here is 25.00
    IRONLION LABS
    Quality HGH, Raws and Peptides
    Wickr: ironlionlabs

SARMS-PEPTIDE SHOP

Click here**PLEASE READ THE RULES**

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post
    No. The only thing you can do is contact

https://insulinhelp.org

1-800-DIABETES

MAX
    thank you so much sir you have know idea how much you just helped me! Luckily I qualified for a card through Lilly and I am now paying 35$ for a months supply, which is absolutely crazy! You just have to be a US resident and not be on any state or federal aid. I spent two days trying to figure out better solutions but not even my endo, pharmacist , or insurance company told me about this which blows my mind! I talked to my endocrinologist about it and she said if it works to call her back because thereís other people in the same boat as me and would help them out just as much! This is a huge eye opener for me realizing how corrupt the pharmaceutical industry is, and itís not only for diabetes itís every other disease as well. Im mind blown that nobody including my endocrinologist knew about this. Thank you again sir you have know idea how much you just helped me!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by REHH View Post
    Novolin R at Walmart here is 25.00
    yea but itís just a bad insulin for me. My blood sugar goes up and down like crazy on it.. Iíve gone from 350 down to 55 back up to 280 down to 66.. itís just hard to control especially when I need to eat. I get real sick on it when I do use it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    Yep its incredible how corrupt everything is Iím getting a big eye opening at the age of 25 as we speak lol it blows my mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by STTM View Post
    Insulin is expensive if you choose to go through the USA's medical system. Humalog and Novalog are also named brands, so you are going to pay out the ass for them. There are generics available for cheap on many "pharmacies" located in ASIA.

Here's a link

https://aipctshop.com/?s=insulin&sea...t_type=product

If metaformin is an option for you, I have plenty of that I can send you to maybe you get you by until you get something figured out.
    thank you sir for helping me and offering me all that you have itís good to know that thereís still some decent people out there. Luckily I have found a pretty good solution and if it wasnít for you guys, I would literally be fucked lol thank you for your advice and help i really appreciate it!