Best hand guns 2021 suggestions.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 120
  1. #91
    Senior Member
    JaceBon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Midgard
    Posts
    714

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    131
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    126
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    I recently bought a used Smith&Wesson SD40VE (stainless steel) for under $400. Spent I think $80 on a crimson trace tactical light and $60 for an apex trigger. After I put that in it became my favorite pistol. The factory trigger was terrible tho. Trigger wasnít hard to install either with the tutorial video apex has on their website. .40SW is my favorite handgun caliber. 👍🏻 You wonít be disappointed, especially spending roughly 1/3 or 1/2 of your budget.
    Everything I post is a parody and meant for entertainment purposes only.

  2. #92
    Registered User
    E.J.D's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    in the gym
    Posts
    2,644

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,148
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,750
    Thanked in
    1,145 Posts
    Rep Points
    1939236962

    Thanks heavy and live2 for the input! I appreciate it!

  3. #93
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,712

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    620
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    946
    Thanked in
    547 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by JaceBon View Post
    I recently bought a used Smith&Wesson SD40VE (stainless steel) for under $400. Spent I think $80 on a crimson trace tactical light and $60 for an apex trigger. After I put that in it became my favorite pistol. The factory trigger was terrible tho. Trigger wasnít hard to install either with the tutorial video apex has on their website. .40SW is my favorite handgun caliber.  You wonít be disappointed, especially spending roughly 1/3 or 1/2 of your budget.
    I have an SD9VE and it's probably the best deal for a quality double stack there is. I had the slide cerakoted because I was tired of looking at it. That was my only complaint about it.
    Last edited by randy4me; 09-03-2021 at 12:50 PM.

  4. #94
    Registered User
    CowboyPump77's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere!
    Posts
    1,590

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,635
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,103
    Thanked in
    686 Posts
    Rep Points
    19610778

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    My fav CC is a 9 MM P226 Tacops

    I literally cannot miss with this setup. Its VERY accurate and follow up shots are a dream.
    post of some pics of this beauty?

  5. #95
    Registered User
    CowboyPump77's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere!
    Posts
    1,590

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,635
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,103
    Thanked in
    686 Posts
    Rep Points
    19610778

    Quote Originally Posted by E.J.D View Post
    What's everyone's go to for holsters and gun belts? I purchased my cc gun yesterday. I can carry o.w.b and plan to only carry that way. No appendix or i.w.b. thanks
    A few ?s might help me recommend? We talking cylinders or mag fed? Also, CCW or Open carry? I do see CC so I suppose you answered that. You only want advice for Waistband carry? I actually love Shoulder harnesses...

    I guess what I am saying is type of gun, weight, length, etc... all plays a part

  6. #96
    Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,992

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,662
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,612
    Thanked in
    2,187 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyPump77 View Post
    post of some pics of this beauty?
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/b...tacops-review/

    The sights are identical to mine and its what makes it so fast IMO.

    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

  7. #97
    Registered User
    CowboyPump77's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere!
    Posts
    1,590

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,635
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,103
    Thanked in
    686 Posts
    Rep Points
    19610778

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/b...tacops-review/

    The sights are identical to mine and its what makes it so fast IMO.

    Seriously, thanks for the link. A couple of ?s if you do not mind sir....

    Is there any gun you have shot you can compare it to?
    If so? How exactly?

    I almost bought a Ruger57 as it felt great in my hand. The trigger was it's weakest point IMHO. I like crisp triggers...

    Been looking for a CCW as I am tired of Open Carrying my Ruger .357 Magnum Stainless Steel 6 inch barrel, 6 shot. Its great but tired of wussy Americans complaining about it. SO I want something lighter in weight. It weighs 5lbs roughly...lol I figure if I miss with all 6 rounds I can boomerang it and make that kill or use it as club!!! HAHA!

    This gun here has my interest. So anything else you can talk it up about? #1 selling point right now is you can get 9mm ammo.... I am down to buying 38 special to fire out of Ruger .357 mag, so glad it is capable of firing both!!!

    I do have a cheap High Point 9mm. I bought it a s joke but ended up really liking it. Sure it's clunky, shoots every which way but strait but for the low price of $149.99 it had brought many smiles while shooting 2 liters and what not!!

  8. #98
    Registered User
    E.J.D's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    in the gym
    Posts
    2,644

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,148
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,750
    Thanked in
    1,145 Posts
    Rep Points
    1939236962

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyPump77 View Post
    A few ?s might help me recommend? We talking cylinders or mag fed? Also, CCW or Open carry? I do see CC so I suppose you answered that. You only want advice for Waistband carry? I actually love Shoulder harnesses...

    I guess what I am saying is type of gun, weight, length, etc... all plays a part
    There is no open carry in my state. Your state, I think Texas are the only open carry states I'm aware of. I know Georgia is a carry anywhere state but not sure if it's open. My state you can carry outside the waistband but has to be covered by a shirt or coat etc. States like SC it's only inside the waistband.

    At this point I'm only interested in carrying outside the waistband. I personally wouldn't carry a revolver due to limited capacity and reload times... Nothing against them the first pistol I ever shot was a S&W 357 Magnum I forget what the model number was. My CCW I just got is a Glock 26. I can also carry my Canik if I desire. I do have a holster for that. But the Glock will be my carry option.

  9. #99
    Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,992

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,662
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,612
    Thanked in
    2,187 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyPump77 View Post
    Seriously, thanks for the link. A couple of ?s if you do not mind sir....

    Is there any gun you have shot you can compare it to?
    If so? How exactly?

    I almost bought a Ruger57 as it felt great in my hand. The trigger was it's weakest point IMHO. I like crisp triggers...

    Been looking for a CCW as I am tired of Open Carrying my Ruger .357 Magnum Stainless Steel 6 inch barrel, 6 shot. Its great but tired of wussy Americans complaining about it. SO I want something lighter in weight. It weighs 5lbs roughly...lol I figure if I miss with all 6 rounds I can boomerang it and make that kill or use it as club!!! HAHA!

    This gun here has my interest. So anything else you can talk it up about? #1 selling point right now is you can get 9mm ammo.... I am down to buying 38 special to fire out of Ruger .357 mag, so glad it is capable of firing both!!!

    I do have a cheap High Point 9mm. I bought it a s joke but ended up really liking it. Sure it's clunky, shoots every which way but strait but for the low price of $149.99 it had brought many smiles while shooting 2 liters and what not!!
    High capacity, very fast, crisp trigger with a short reset, amazing sights, built for larger hands, you wont need to upgrade anything on it at all. this is the ultimate handgun IMHO. Never ever fails.

    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

  10. #100
    Registered User
    glock4319's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    164

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    162
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    99
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Rep Points
    1350100

    HK VP9. Best out of the box trigger youíll find and is very accurate. I was a military policeman and Iíve shot many many different pistols and my HK is the top of the line for me.

  11. #101
    Registered User
    Oldman85's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,207

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    158
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    783
    Thanked in
    548 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Iím am unapologetically a Glock fan boy.

    But with the aftermarket upgrades available and the emergence of the 80% lowers. Glocks, or their derivatives, are awfully hard to pass up. The Glock 21 (.45 ACP) is top boss as far as Iím concerned. And if you want to stick with one caliber the single stack Glock 36 is a lovely piece for concealed carry.

  12. #102
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    97

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    14
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    36
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points
    1080100

    Quote Originally Posted by E.J.D View Post
    There is no open carry in my state. Your state, I think Texas are the only open carry states I'm aware of. I know Georgia is a carry anywhere state but not sure if it's open. My state you can carry outside the waistband but has to be covered by a shirt or coat etc. States like SC it's only inside the waistband.

    At this point I'm only interested in carrying outside the waistband. I personally wouldn't carry a revolver due to limited capacity and reload times... Nothing against them the first pistol I ever shot was a S&W 357 Magnum I forget what the model number was. My CCW I just got is a Glock 26. I can also carry my Canik if I desire. I do have a holster for that. But the Glock will be my carry option.
    Colorado is open carry also. I have an aliengear iwb for my ccw needs and an aliengear shapeshift for owb, iwb, appendix, backpack, and molle carry

  13. #103
    Registered User
    FNA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    249

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    310
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    212
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    Rep Points
    112898033

    Arizona:
    Since Arizona has permitless carry, any person who is at least 18 years old who can legally possess a firearm may open carry, and any person at least 21 years old may concealed carry a firearm without a permit. Arizona will honor concealed carry permits from all other states' and political subdivisions.May 17, 2021

    I love AZ

  14. #104
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    dawg16's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    In the sticks
    Age
    53
    Posts
    4,501

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    261
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    833
    Thanked in
    513 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by E.J.D View Post
    There is no open carry in my state. Your state, I think Texas are the only open carry states I'm aware of. I know Georgia is a carry anywhere state but not sure if it's open. My state you can carry outside the waistband but has to be covered by a shirt or coat etc. States like SC it's only inside the waistband.

    At this point I'm only interested in carrying outside the waistband. I personally wouldn't carry a revolver due to limited capacity and reload times... Nothing against them the first pistol I ever shot was a S&W 357 Magnum I forget what the model number was. My CCW I just got is a Glock 26. I can also carry my Canik if I desire. I do have a holster for that. But the Glock will be my carry option.
    There is 13 states with Constitutional Carry...
    CLICK HERE TO SEE FULL PRICE LIST
    If you have any questions please dont hesitate to e-mail me at: US-DS@protonmail.com


  15. #105
    Registered User
    E.J.D's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    in the gym
    Posts
    2,644

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,148
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,750
    Thanked in
    1,145 Posts
    Rep Points
    1939236962

    Thanks guys for the information

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 188
    Last Post: 10-24-2021, 04:35 AM
  2. Guns
    By Poirot in forum The Pit
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-15-2018, 07:21 PM
  3. Guns!
    By Dema in forum The Pit
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 10-31-2015, 10:25 AM
  4. Leg day and running do no go hand in hand.
    By Wagonman in forum Training
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 06:44 PM
  5. Guns
    By themason in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2021 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums