• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Gym

Do you like to practice in the gym with friends or alone? Have you noticed a difference in the effectiveness of training when you are doing it alone or with someone.

I like to workout alone but when I had a partner I grew bigger faster.
Here i was 6'4 250
https://ibb.co/10mfFFB

Absolutely alone. I get in at 4 am. Do my one hour cardio, have my hoodie and headphones on. 4 to 5 sets of 10-12 reps for single daily body part workout and get the hell out. I don't make eye contact, spot people, text, watch instagram

Get the work done and get out.

Solo- try to get in and out in shortest amount of time necessary to get it done

I always train alone. Partly because I don't like people and partly I don't want to be slowed down. The only time that has caused me potential issues is when I did 405 on the bench for a double. Doing a self unrack with no spotter I highly don't recommend. Anything over 315 get a spotter at least. After racking the 405 I seen pretty stars all around and was like that was stupid man. Don't fucking do that again.

I always train alone. Partly because I don't like people and partly I don't want to be slowed down. The only time that has caused me potential issues is when I did 405 on the bench for a double. Doing a self unrack with no spotter I highly don't recommend. Anything over 315 get a spotter at least. After racking the 405 I seen pretty stars all around and was like that was stupid man. Don't fucking do that again.
I see your idea about someone slowing you down, but maybe you just need to find a person as keen on training as you are, so you can stimulate each other?

And yes, doing it alone can be really dangerous dealing with big numbers. It’s necessary to get a spotter, I totally agree.

what do you mean practice? lifting, boxing, jujitsu? or prancercise

I HATE lifting with other people. I probably just made poor choices when looking for a lifting buddy. I'd be into it and they'd be off talking to some gym rat, then I'm stuck waiting. This isn't social hour (for me at least). Now days I pay a personal trainer. Wish I did it earlier in life.

Working out with my workout partner always pushes me. Especially when it comes to heavy weight and more reps

Absolutely alone. I get in at 4 am. Do my one hour cardio, have my hoodie and headphones on. 4 to 5 sets of 10-12 reps for single daily body part workout and get the hell out. I don't make eye contact, spot people, text, watch instagram

Get the work done and get out.

is there an advantage for you doing your cardio before lifting? I was always under the impression cardio should be post lifting for optimal effectiveness. When I do cardio, it’s always after weight training unless it’s fasted cardio in the am, in which case I either am not lifting that day or plan on lifting later that afternoon.

Just curious why you do cardio before weight training.... something I’m missing?

IML Gear Cream!
I’ve pretty much always trained solo (except when I was in high school sports).

is there an advantage for you doing your cardio before lifting? I was always under the impression cardio should be post lifting for optimal effectiveness. When I do cardio, it’s always after weight training unless it’s fasted cardio in the am, in which case I either am not lifting that day or plan on lifting later that afternoon.

Just curious why you do cardio before weight training.... something I’m missing?

I play Basketball before hand. I love playing and it warms up the joints. I dont play games normally but I just shoot around.

Back