Left Ventricular Hypertrophy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Rep Points

Hey brother I have a medical journal about this exact question. The study revealed it takes around a year with no excessive exogenous androgens for the reversal of LVH to begin. Here you go man.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1768197/

Take care of yourself brother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rep Points

LVH is a real thing, but on the cardiogram, it shows up an automatic interpretation by the machine. Just having a muscular chest wall will cause the electrical impulse to be larger, and trigger the machine to call LVH on its interpretation.

As mentioned, it can be caused by hypertension, or by hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (a common cause of sudden cardiac death in young athletes). For the most part you probably don't have to worry about it. But if there is a question, have your doc order an echocardiogram. This is an ultrasound of the heart, (doesn't hurt). it will show the actual wall thickness of the heart chambers, and the valve functions.

I had one a few months ago (family history of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy).

Anyway, the point is that LVH, on a cardiogram is purely an interpretation based on the size of the waves, and may not actually mean anything.

drbabar

Quote Originally Posted by STTM View Post
    Your heart won't shrink

Left Ventricle Hypertrophy is normal for anyone that works out.

An EKG WILL NOT show you the size of your heart.. or if it has grown. A simple X-Ray will though. Your Dr. probably told you that as a scare tactic because of your AAS use.

All that said..

AAS is not good on your heart.. plain and simple. If you are having chest pains, going to the Dr is a good idea. Let your cardiologist diagnose you and listen to him. But, if you are honest with him about AAS use, he is probably going to tell you that all of this is steroids fault, and if you don't stop your are going to die soon. Get actually information from him, not his biased opinion on steroid use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    With a blood pressure of 118/75 I sincerely doubt that you had any sort of LVH that is of the harmful sort. Also, you need a lot more information. EKG is not a way to diagnose LVH. It is merely an indicator that is used before sending a patient to an echocardiogram.

Athletes have larger hearts and greater wall thickness than sedentary individuals. This is not necessarily a bad thing.
    https://academic.oup.com/ehjcimaging.../3/350/2396955

Do you perform cardio regularly? If you are truly concerned about your heart health, then you would, starting today.
    this is all correct

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts
    Rep Points

Great info guys..... Thank you very much. I will update as soon as I see cardiologist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pcushion View Post
    Hey brother I have a medical journal about this exact question. The study revealed it takes around a year with no excessive exogenous androgens for the reversal of LVH to begin. Here you go man.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1768197/

Take care of yourself brother.
    Great article..... Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Altenator_6 View Post
    Great article..... Thank you!

Your welcome brother. Keep us posted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts
    Rep Points

***UPDATE*** 1/25/21

Finally got into the cardiologist today. He did ultrasound and stress test. He told me my heart looked great and that neither of the test revealed any issues.... Not even the LVH that the EKG supposedly showed originally at my local Dr... So now I'm skeptical as to what to believe because I know what I was feeling. And it wasn't normal. But to be perfectly honest with myself.... since I've been off the blast I haven't had any issues. As a matter of fact, I started back just Test-E @ 350 mg/wk about a week ago and.....no issues. I'm beginning to believe its the volume of oil....not so much the hormones, but the oil itself. Both times I've experienced these chest pains I was injecting between 5.5 to 6.0 ML of oils per week total. I know that isn't shit for some of you, but do you think maybe this could be my issue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts
    Rep Points

It could have been a misplaced ekg lead. I used to give and interpret ekgís in my prior career and had several people referred to me. I canít tell you how many I had to redo because leads were not placed correctly or they were not attached correctly. In fact, during training I had an individual give me an ekg which showed inverted Q waves (myocardial infarction) heart attack. I had him redo it correctly and the results were a normal sinus rhythm. Hair in men, if not properly shaved, is a big problem not to mention proper contact.

Glad it worked out.

LowT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Rep Points

Acid reflux

It's not your heart

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ROID View Post
    Acid reflux

It's not your heart
    Acid reflux..?? Hmm, Maybe so.

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,525 Posts
    Rep Points

Anxiety?

any stress in your life? Possible reaction to high doses of AAS? Any dramatic life changes recently?

I had some serious chest pains a couple years ago that kept me up all night, went to the docs, ran all the tests, everything was fine..... panic/anxiety attack seemed to come from nowhere....but thatís all I could figure out it was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    Anxiety?

any stress in your life? Possible reaction to high doses of AAS? Any dramatic life changes recently?

I had some serious chest pains a couple years ago that kept me up all night, went to the docs, ran all the tests, everything was fine..... panic/anxiety attack seemed to come from nowhere....but thatís all I could figure out it was.
    No...no crazy stress going on for me. It is definitely related to the higher doses of AAS because that's when I notice it. I just wish I could nail down exactly what is going on so I could try to mitigate it. I mean shit.... my "Blast Cycles" aren't really that crazy.....relative to what I see some guys doing. I really loved the NPP/TPP/Mast blend I was using and I want to jump back on it soon. But I hate to, and then just have to pull the rip cord again mid cycle.... I only made it 6 weeks this past run. And was getting hella good results. Disappointing to have to quit.

Now the last time I had the issue I was running some EQ along with Test-E. And I had read some things saying that the EQ could cause some anxiety issues. Maybe it is anxiety from the blend too.... IDK. Isn't Proviron supposed to help out with anxiety?? Maybe I need to throw that in the mix next time.

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,525 Posts
    Rep Points

Proviron is always a great side dish to any blast. I say go for it, couldnít hurt to experiment... as long as the docs donít think itís serious the worst that could happen is youíll have to pull the plug on another cycle.

maybe switch to short esters and run 4 week blasts with a couple weeks off in between. See if that helps.

life is just one big experiment anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,358 Posts
    Rep Points

Is your blood pressure high on cycle or just as low as the number you posted previously?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    Is your blood pressure high on cycle or just as low as the number you posted previously?
    Generally pretty low, or "Good" blood pressure