• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Left Ventricular Hypertrophy

Altenator_6

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I was about 6 weeks into my cycle and I had begun experiencing some minor chest pain issues (for a couple of weeks at this point). But it was beginning to become worrisome. So I went to my primary care physician yesterday for a check up. Now, I was open and honest with him about my use of AAS so he checked me out and did an EKG which revealed the Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (LVH). He didn't give me details on how much my heart has actually grown, but he didn't seem overly alarmed so I assume it is a "mild case". I am now waiting to get my appointment set up with cardiovascular Dr. to get more details. The reason for this post is to ask you all if any of you have gone through this scenario? I'm wondering how long it will take for my heart to "shrink" back down to normal. I've been completely off the gear for a little over 2 weeks now.....

I was about 6 weeks into my cycle and I had begun experiencing some minor chest pain issues (for a couple of weeks at this point). But it was beginning to become worrisome. So I went to my primary care physician yesterday for a check up. Now, I was open and honest with him about my use of AAS so he checked me out and did an EKG which revealed the Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (LVH). He didn't give me details on how much my heart has actually grown, but he didn't seem overly alarmed so I assume it is a "mild case". I am now waiting to get my appointment set up with cardiovascular Dr. to get more details. The reason for this post is to ask you all if any of you have gone through this scenario? I'm wondering how long it will take for my heart to "shrink" back down to normal. I've been completely off the gear for a little over 2 weeks now.....
How was ur blood pressure ect ? What did the EKG show i had similar problem back few yrs ago ended up getting triple bipass left side was not pumping much at all

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Your heart won't shrink

Left Ventricle Hypertrophy is normal for anyone that works out.

An EKG WILL NOT show you the size of your heart.. or if it has grown. A simple X-Ray will though. Your Dr. probably told you that as a scare tactic because of your AAS use.

All that said..

AAS is not good on your heart.. plain and simple. If you are having chest pains, going to the Dr is a good idea. Let your cardiologist diagnose you and listen to him. But, if you are honest with him about AAS use, he is probably going to tell you that all of this is steroids fault, and if you don't stop your are going to die soon. Get actually information from him, not his biased opinion on steroid use.

Yes.... I am very anxious to get my appointment with the cardio doc. and get some real answers.

six weeks into your cycle is irrelevant unless its your first cycle... How many years have you been using gear? If this is your first cycle its not the steroids man.

six weeks into your cycle is irrelevant unless its your first cycle... How many years have you been using gear? If this is your first cycle its not the steroids man.

No, It isnt my first cycle. BUT.... I am also not a high level body builder who runs big cycles all the time. I have been on TRT for 3 years. During that 3 years I have ran a higher dose of test for a few months at a time.... (500 - 700 mg) I've also ran a couple other compounds in there along the way too. At the time this occurred I was running 450 mg Nandralone, 450 mg Masterone, and around 750 mg. of Test.

With a blood pressure of 118/75 I sincerely doubt that you had any sort of LVH that is of the harmful sort. Also, you need a lot more information. EKG is not a way to diagnose LVH. It is merely an indicator that is used before sending a patient to an echocardiogram.

Athletes have larger hearts and greater wall thickness than sedentary individuals. This is not necessarily a bad thing.
https://academic.oup.com/ehjcimaging/article/10/3/350/2396955

Do you perform cardio regularly? If you are truly concerned about your heart health, then you would, starting today.

if you are honest with him about AAS use, he is probably going to tell you that all of this is steroids fault, and if you don't stop your are going to die soon. Get actually information from him, not his biased opinion on steroid use.
Too late. It is already in his patient information being transmitted for the referral, and, yeah, any cardiologist is going to tell him to cease all steroids. I can't even imagine any cardiologist, saying, "It's ok, brah, just do a mild cycle of test, deca, and mast. Killer gains," then giving him a high 5.

Yup, I tell my Dr. nothing of what I do. Heard it come back to backfire on many people.

IML Gear Cream!
Go to a sports cardiologist there is a big difference in there knowledge .. mine told me it wasn't from roids

With a blood pressure of 118/75 I sincerely doubt that you had any sort of LVH that is of the harmful sort. Also, you need a lot more information. EKG is not a way to diagnose LVH. It is merely an indicator that is used before sending a patient to an echocardiogram.

Athletes have larger hearts and greater wall thickness than sedentary individuals. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

Do you perform cardio regularly? If you are truly concerned about your heart health, then you would, starting today.

No, I'm definitely guilty of not doing cardio like I should. Every now and again I do a lil some... like hop on the bike at the gym b4 I hit the iron..... but not nearly enough. Hopefully get referral to Cardiologist on Monday.

Go to a sports cardiologist there is a big difference in there knowledge .. mine told me it wasn't from roids

How did you get to specifically see this type of Cardiologist?

How did you get to specifically see this type of Cardiologist?
After being told in the emergency room that I had 1yr of life left i checked out and got online did my research it was the best decision I ever made

Regular cardiologist don't understand the difference in ur heart being enlarged and enlarged by wieght training big difference

Hey brother I have a medical journal about this exact question. The study revealed it takes around a year with no excessive exogenous androgens for the reversal of LVH to begin. Here you go man.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1768197/

Take care of yourself brother.

LVH is a real thing, but on the cardiogram, it shows up an automatic interpretation by the machine. Just having a muscular chest wall will cause the electrical impulse to be larger, and trigger the machine to call LVH on its interpretation.

As mentioned, it can be caused by hypertension, or by hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (a common cause of sudden cardiac death in young athletes). For the most part you probably don't have to worry about it. But if there is a question, have your doc order an echocardiogram. This is an ultrasound of the heart, (doesn't hurt). it will show the actual wall thickness of the heart chambers, and the valve functions.

I had one a few months ago (family history of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy).

Anyway, the point is that LVH, on a cardiogram is purely an interpretation based on the size of the waves, and may not actually mean anything.

drbabar

Your heart won't shrink

Left Ventricle Hypertrophy is normal for anyone that works out.

An EKG WILL NOT show you the size of your heart.. or if it has grown. A simple X-Ray will though. Your Dr. probably told you that as a scare tactic because of your AAS use.

All that said..

AAS is not good on your heart.. plain and simple. If you are having chest pains, going to the Dr is a good idea. Let your cardiologist diagnose you and listen to him. But, if you are honest with him about AAS use, he is probably going to tell you that all of this is steroids fault, and if you don't stop your are going to die soon. Get actually information from him, not his biased opinion on steroid use.

this is all correct

Great info guys..... Thank you very much. I will update as soon as I see cardiologist.

***UPDATE*** 1/25/21

Finally got into the cardiologist today. He did ultrasound and stress test. He told me my heart looked great and that neither of the test revealed any issues.... Not even the LVH that the EKG supposedly showed originally at my local Dr... So now I'm skeptical as to what to believe because I know what I was feeling. And it wasn't normal. But to be perfectly honest with myself.... since I've been off the blast I haven't had any issues. As a matter of fact, I started back just Test-E @ 350 mg/wk about a week ago and.....no issues. I'm beginning to believe its the volume of oil....not so much the hormones, but the oil itself. Both times I've experienced these chest pains I was injecting between 5.5 to 6.0 ML of oils per week total. I know that isn't shit for some of you, but do you think maybe this could be my issue?

It could have been a misplaced ekg lead. I used to give and interpret ekg’s in my prior career and had several people referred to me. I can’t tell you how many I had to redo because leads were not placed correctly or they were not attached correctly. In fact, during training I had an individual give me an ekg which showed inverted Q waves (myocardial infarction) heart attack. I had him redo it correctly and the results were a normal sinus rhythm. Hair in men, if not properly shaved, is a big problem not to mention proper contact.

Glad it worked out.

LowT

Anxiety?

any stress in your life? Possible reaction to high doses of AAS? Any dramatic life changes recently?

I had some serious chest pains a couple years ago that kept me up all night, went to the docs, ran all the tests, everything was fine..... panic/anxiety attack seemed to come from nowhere....but that’s all I could figure out it was.

Anxiety?

any stress in your life? Possible reaction to high doses of AAS? Any dramatic life changes recently?

I had some serious chest pains a couple years ago that kept me up all night, went to the docs, ran all the tests, everything was fine..... panic/anxiety attack seemed to come from nowhere....but that’s all I could figure out it was.

No...no crazy stress going on for me. It is definitely related to the higher doses of AAS because that's when I notice it. I just wish I could nail down exactly what is going on so I could try to mitigate it. I mean shit.... my "Blast Cycles" aren't really that crazy.....relative to what I see some guys doing. I really loved the NPP/TPP/Mast blend I was using and I want to jump back on it soon. But I hate to, and then just have to pull the rip cord again mid cycle.... I only made it 6 weeks this past run. And was getting hella good results. Disappointing to have to quit.

Now the last time I had the issue I was running some EQ along with Test-E. And I had read some things saying that the EQ could cause some anxiety issues. Maybe it is anxiety from the blend too.... IDK. Isn't Proviron supposed to help out with anxiety?? Maybe I need to throw that in the mix next time.

Proviron is always a great side dish to any blast. I say go for it, couldn’t hurt to experiment... as long as the docs don’t think it’s serious the worst that could happen is you’ll have to pull the plug on another cycle.

maybe switch to short esters and run 4 week blasts with a couple weeks off in between. See if that helps.

life is just one big experiment anyway

Is your blood pressure high on cycle or just as low as the number you posted previously?

Back