Left Ventricular Hypertrophy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Altenator_6's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    233

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    100
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    131
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Rep Points
    1310100

    Left Ventricular Hypertrophy

    I was about 6 weeks into my cycle and I had begun experiencing some minor chest pain issues (for a couple of weeks at this point). But it was beginning to become worrisome. So I went to my primary care physician yesterday for a check up. Now, I was open and honest with him about my use of AAS so he checked me out and did an EKG which revealed the Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (LVH). He didn't give me details on how much my heart has actually grown, but he didn't seem overly alarmed so I assume it is a "mild case". I am now waiting to get my appointment set up with cardiovascular Dr. to get more details. The reason for this post is to ask you all if any of you have gone through this scenario? I'm wondering how long it will take for my heart to "shrink" back down to normal. I've been completely off the gear for a little over 2 weeks now.....

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Big Joe's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    227

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    215
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    114
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Rep Points
    -33875829

    Quote Originally Posted by Altenator_6 View Post
    I was about 6 weeks into my cycle and I had begun experiencing some minor chest pain issues (for a couple of weeks at this point). But it was beginning to become worrisome. So I went to my primary care physician yesterday for a check up. Now, I was open and honest with him about my use of AAS so he checked me out and did an EKG which revealed the Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (LVH). He didn't give me details on how much my heart has actually grown, but he didn't seem overly alarmed so I assume it is a "mild case". I am now waiting to get my appointment set up with cardiovascular Dr. to get more details. The reason for this post is to ask you all if any of you have gone through this scenario? I'm wondering how long it will take for my heart to "shrink" back down to normal. I've been completely off the gear for a little over 2 weeks now.....
    How was ur blood pressure ect ? What did the EKG show i had similar problem back few yrs ago ended up getting triple bipass left side was not pumping much at all

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Altenator_6's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    233

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    100
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    131
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Rep Points
    1310100

    BP was excellent..... 118 / 75

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    STTM's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,079

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    471
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Your heart won't shrink

    Left Ventricle Hypertrophy is normal for anyone that works out.

    An EKG WILL NOT show you the size of your heart.. or if it has grown. A simple X-Ray will though. Your Dr. probably told you that as a scare tactic because of your AAS use.

    All that said..

    AAS is not good on your heart.. plain and simple. If you are having chest pains, going to the Dr is a good idea. Let your cardiologist diagnose you and listen to him. But, if you are honest with him about AAS use, he is probably going to tell you that all of this is steroids fault, and if you don't stop your are going to die soon. Get actually information from him, not his biased opinion on steroid use.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Altenator_6's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    233

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    100
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    131
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Rep Points
    1310100

    Yes.... I am very anxious to get my appointment with the cardio doc. and get some real answers.

  6. #6
    vv mine
    Skinnyguy180's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    the flip side
    Posts
    6,168

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    681
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,094
    Thanked in
    706 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    six weeks into your cycle is irrelevant unless its your first cycle... How many years have you been using gear? If this is your first cycle its not the steroids man.
    All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Altenator_6's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    233

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    100
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    131
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Rep Points
    1310100

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinnyguy180 View Post
    six weeks into your cycle is irrelevant unless its your first cycle... How many years have you been using gear? If this is your first cycle its not the steroids man.
    No, It isnt my first cycle. BUT.... I am also not a high level body builder who runs big cycles all the time. I have been on TRT for 3 years. During that 3 years I have ran a higher dose of test for a few months at a time.... (500 - 700 mg) I've also ran a couple other compounds in there along the way too. At the time this occurred I was running 450 mg Nandralone, 450 mg Masterone, and around 750 mg. of Test.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    malfeasance's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,724

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    324
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,919
    Thanked in
    1,318 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    With a blood pressure of 118/75 I sincerely doubt that you had any sort of LVH that is of the harmful sort. Also, you need a lot more information. EKG is not a way to diagnose LVH. It is merely an indicator that is used before sending a patient to an echocardiogram.

    Athletes have larger hearts and greater wall thickness than sedentary individuals. This is not necessarily a bad thing.
    https://academic.oup.com/ehjcimaging.../3/350/2396955

    Do you perform cardio regularly? If you are truly concerned about your heart health, then you would, starting today.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    malfeasance's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,724

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    324
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,919
    Thanked in
    1,318 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by STTM View Post
    if you are honest with him about AAS use, he is probably going to tell you that all of this is steroids fault, and if you don't stop your are going to die soon. Get actually information from him, not his biased opinion on steroid use.
    Too late. It is already in his patient information being transmitted for the referral, and, yeah, any cardiologist is going to tell him to cease all steroids. I can't even imagine any cardiologist, saying, "It's ok, brah, just do a mild cycle of test, deca, and mast. Killer gains," then giving him a high 5.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Rot-Iron66's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New England
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,975

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    52
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,082
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Yup, I tell my Dr. nothing of what I do. Heard it come back to backfire on many people.
    ~
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer." - Arnold
    [[[[------------------]]]]

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Big Joe's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    227

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    215
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    114
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Rep Points
    -33875829

    Go to a sports cardiologist there is a big difference in there knowledge .. mine told me it wasn't from roids

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Altenator_6's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    233

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    100
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    131
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Rep Points
    1310100

    Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    With a blood pressure of 118/75 I sincerely doubt that you had any sort of LVH that is of the harmful sort. Also, you need a lot more information. EKG is not a way to diagnose LVH. It is merely an indicator that is used before sending a patient to an echocardiogram.

    Athletes have larger hearts and greater wall thickness than sedentary individuals. This is not necessarily a bad thing.
    https://academic.oup.com/ehjcimaging.../3/350/2396955

    Do you perform cardio regularly? If you are truly concerned about your heart health, then you would, starting today.
    No, I'm definitely guilty of not doing cardio like I should. Every now and again I do a lil some... like hop on the bike at the gym b4 I hit the iron..... but not nearly enough. Hopefully get referral to Cardiologist on Monday.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Altenator_6's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    233

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    100
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    131
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Rep Points
    1310100

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Go to a sports cardiologist there is a big difference in there knowledge .. mine told me it wasn't from roids

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    How did you get to specifically see this type of Cardiologist?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Big Joe's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    227

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    215
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    114
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Rep Points
    -33875829

    Quote Originally Posted by Altenator_6 View Post
    How did you get to specifically see this type of Cardiologist?
    After being told in the emergency room that I had 1yr of life left i checked out and got online did my research it was the best decision I ever made

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Big Joe's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    227

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    215
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    114
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Rep Points
    -33875829

    Regular cardiologist don't understand the difference in ur heart being enlarged and enlarged by wieght training big difference

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Worried about left ventricular hypertrophy?
    By brad white in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2014, 06:57 AM
  2. What is Functional Hypertrophy?
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 01:12 PM
  3. Six Hypertrophy Hints
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 04:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2021 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums