• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Gym accessories

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Looking for a padded sleeve for the bar when my girl squats.

Idk the name...

Any recommendations?

Where do you guys go??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this Fitness Maniac squat pad for the Mrs off Amazon. Paid something like $16 delivered
1ed719127c369002da82b0da8119f866.jpg

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me ~ Wesley Swolle

Lol, and I took you for a baller

WRONG LOL!! Im far from broke(not rich by a long shot) but im like that old man we all knew(my papaw) thats loaded to the gills but still wears jeans from 30 yrs ago with patches and shit or "why buy that fancy thing this one i made work just as good if not better."
Now here's ya pants ur grandmother made for ya

UNCLE Z REP

WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

Do u use a pink one? LMAO jk.
FML as a matter of fact it was pink

In my defense, when gym closed at first all i had was a little flimsy 1" weider bar that u have to slide together in middle. Load that fucker with couple hundred pounds and it ain't like an oly bar.

UNCLE Z REP

WWW.UNCLEZ.RU FOR LIST/ORDERING

ORDERS@UNCLEZ.RU FOR ORDER QUESTIONS

PM FOR ALL OTHER HELP

IML Gear Cream!
Plumbing pipe insulation works great. Almost free.

I've made poor man's fat gripz out of pipe insulation too and works just as well as the real deal. The thick pipe insulation works best for a neck pad as I need it to protect a stinger in my neck.

Last edited:
I've made poor man's fat gripz out of pipe insulation too and works just as well as the real deal. The thick pipe insulation works best for a neck pad as I need it to protect a stinger in my neck.

That is a good idea! I like that! Anything I can make rather than order is great. I want it, and I want it now!!

Max

Manta Ray is a good one but expensive. Or Harbinger Olympic or Standard Bar Pad.

Max

Imo manta ray is definitely worth the investment. Especially if you have neck problems. My C 5,6,7 are wrecked with arthritis and bone spurs. The manta ray helped alot with neck pain. When I back squat I always placed the bar on the "shelf" but still felt it in my neck. I just switched up to front squats and said to hell with back squats.

Imo manta ray is definitely worth the investment. Especially if you have neck problems. My C 5,6,7 are wrecked with arthritis and bone spurs. The manta ray helped alot with neck pain. When I back squat I always placed the bar on the "shelf" but still felt it in my neck. I just switched up to front squats and said to hell with back squats.

Great product!. It is one of those Accessories that is worth the $$, my girl uses Versagripps which is also great.

Max

You squat with a neck pad??? Is that in the smith machine? Jesus. You pussy.

Learn to hold the bar in the correct position and it wouldn’t put pressure on your neck at all. What are you squatting these days? 225 to 250?

So went ahead and purchased the Manta Ray for my girl. Hopefully this will disperse the weight across her shoulders more and make the lift more about the lift then the discomfort the bar gives....

FYI the pad at the gym was definitely helpful but wanted to get my own instead of using the community gear.

Will report back after she uses it this weekend and see how it goes.

So went ahead and purchased the Manta Ray for my girl. Hopefully this will disperse the weight across her shoulders more and make the lift more about the lift then the discomfort the bar gives....

FYI the pad at the gym was definitely helpful but wanted to get my own instead of using the community gear.

That is awesome. Glad to see you got the good one! I can hear her loving it already

Max

I definitely think you made a great decision. It does exactly that for me. I think she will like it. If she doesn't like it I would be willing to buy it off you...

You squat with a neck pad??? Is that in the smith machine? Jesus. You pussy.

Learn to hold the bar in the correct position and it wouldn’t put pressure on your neck at all. What are you squatting these days? 225 to 250?

Lol, I use a pad when I squat, its called traps

Get Shredded!
We used pool noodles back in the day with bench,dealift,dumbbells..the manta ray works well also we had them in my old gym sets everything up off your shoulders/muscles etc.

We used pool noodles back in the day with bench,dealift,dumbbells..the manta ray works well also we had them in my old gym sets everything up off your shoulders/muscles etc.

My last gym had the Manta and it does work well in keeping the bar off the neck where I've fractured it years ago as I get stingers now and then with a bar pressing on my neck, but the pool noodles work as well especially for goodmornings.

He’s looking for a pad for his woman.
I know, I gave the first recommendation for a pad, see post #2I quoted Kross who was chastising multi for squatting with a bar pad

I know, I gave the first recommendation for a pad, see post #2I quoted Kross who was chastising multi for squatting with a bar pad

I was chastising stupid Mindless. Idiot holds the bar on the crook of his neck.

I was chastising stupid Mindless. Idiot holds the bar on the crook of his neck.

This is the number one reason I'm leery of posting in a mindless thread. Someone won't have their glasses on and will think I'm the pedo with a team of stalkers. :banghead:

My wife is 120 pounds, doing partial squats of 225 for 4 sets.

We got the manta ray in hopes of taking pressure off her shoulders. It does, but the hard plastic on her neck hurts too much.

Disappointing bc we really wanted to like this product and it was expensive.

She just doesn't have the upper traps necessary to have the manta ray sit on top. I tried it and it was a better fit...

Going to have to try the padded cushion now.

We got the manta ray in hopes of taking pressure off her shoulders. It does, but the hard plastic on her neck hurts too much.

She just doesn't have the upper traps necessary to have the manta ray sit on top. I tried it and it was a better fit...

I'm sorry that it wasn't for her and didn't work out. I'm a man of my word. If you want to unload it hit me up via a pm. See if we can figure something out.

Is she doing high bar or low bar, back squats?

Is she doing high bar or low bar, back squats?

High bar squats.

The manta ray displaced her a little, but she got used to that real fast. Because she squats with great form, really upright. Just not real deep.

It was the actual plastic on her spine that hurt. Her C7 spinous process sticks out too much.

Back