• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Dr trt or self trt

Dirty904

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What way does everyone prefer to go? Self Trt is cheaper for me even with insurance, but having a dr to over see any unforeseen issues is a warm feeling. Dealing with keeping bloods accurate for test through a dr seems like a huge pain in the ass though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do self TRT and I get blood work with my annual physical. My family doctor knows that I do my own TRT.

I do my own now, cheaper. When I travelled a lot more I went through a doctor as having the script made traveling a lot easier but that’s the only way I’d go back to using dr prescribed trt

I am doing my own TRT right now just to test the waters and see how I feel. If I like it after 6-8 weeks I will probably go with doc so I have a script and run small cycles around it possibly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My TRT is with my doc for the past decade. The only difference for me is that I mostly like to use Sus and he only prescribes test c. Month before Blood work and go back on Test C and right after the test back to whatever I am doing.

Big difference between Dr and clinic... if it’s a clinic and you’re confusing that with a Dr, do it yourself. If it’s a legitimate Dr, as in you physically see them , they take insurance, you get your test from CVS, then go that way. Clinic “dr” Ain’t gonna be of no help no way other than keeping you juiced with expensive test

Im doing a combination (sort of). I. Diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism, get prescribed androgel and monitored by clinic. But in reality i pin cypionate.

In my country its only androgel, nebido or sustanon.

Although my clinic is pretty shitty(but insurance covered) and they want me in for check only after 6 months. So ill be ordering bloodwork myself after the 1st 6 weeks.

I’ve got an appointment for hrt on Monday. I’m hoping to get enough T to run a cycle but I’m not sure if they’ll do that for me.

If it’s a regular Dr he/she may want to do your test shots in office. Just depends on how greedy they are. If they are willing to prescribe you the test it won’t be for more than 1-10ml bottle. At least that’s always been my experiences with it. I just had my Doc write me out the script just to have and used my own source for the test. So much easier. Plus its too long of a story for here but the script did come in handy once while I was traveling and staying in a hotel. Definitely better to have it than not have it.

I’ve got an appointment for hrt on Monday. I’m hoping to get enough T to run a cycle but I’m not sure if they’ll do that for me.

If you know what you are doing or can pay a coach(that does) , then self HRT all day

Unless of course you "need" a script. I've had a script for 20+ years. Definitely want to have one if you have a certain job or share custody of a child. Finding the right doctor to dial you in to an appropriate dosage can be tricky

When I got arrested, several of my bottles that were opened were legit HRT and they tried to charge me for those. Bastards. True story. Granted I had ten in total and only half were open so they absolutely tried to get me for "distribution". So if you are going to get HRT script and wanna up your dose behind the scenes, def don't keep alot on hand. Maybe buy a few extra at a time. That way if God forbid your mail is searched, or damaged and opened, they can't do much to you.

Trust me, they will go after you for "possession", though the majority of the cases they deal with are for larger scale sales.

I know a kid that got busted with one bottle of Tren and a bottle of Trest orals and it made it into the newspaper as a bust.

What a F**** embarrassment to those cops and this despicable Govt.

IML Gear Cream!
If it’s a regular Dr he/she may want to do your test shots in office. Just depends on how greedy they are. If they are willing to prescribe you the test it won’t be for more than 1-10ml bottle. At least that’s always been my experiences with it. I just had my Doc write me out the script just to have and used my own source for the test. So much easier. Plus its too long of a story for here but the script did come in handy once while I was traveling and staying in a hotel. Definitely better to have it than not have it.

That’s exactly what I was thinking about doing. I’m going the route to self administer shots so I will be leaving with a vial. I’m using the same logic as you. Can’t hurt to have a legitimate prescription to test, even though I’ll be ordering some underground too.

If you know what you are doing or can pay a coach(that does) , then self HRT all day

Unless of course you "need" a script. I've had a script for 20+ years. Definitely want to have one if you have a certain job or share custody of a child. Finding the right doctor to dial you in to an appropriate dosage can be tricky

When I got arrested, several of my bottles that were opened were legit HRT and they tried to charge me for those. Bastards. True story. Granted I had ten in total and only half were open so they absolutely tried to get me for "distribution". So if you are going to get HRT script and wanna up your dose behind the scenes, def don't keep alot on hand. Maybe buy a few extra at a time. That way if God forbid your mail is searched, or damaged and opened, they can't do much to you.

Trust me, they will go after you for "possession", though the majority of the cases they deal with are for larger scale sales.

I know a kid that got busted with one bottle of Tren and a bottle of Trest orals and it made it into the newspaper as a bust.

What a F**** embarrassment to those cops and this despicable Govt.

What a joke man. I’m in a small town and if someone gets caught with an ounce of weed it’s a “major bust” and everyone will know.

Not sure what you meant when you said if you have some legit prescribed vials and ur mail gets searched it won’t be a big deal? Isn’t it still just as hairy to order from an ugl even if ur prescribed?

What a joke man. I’m in a small town and if someone gets caught with an ounce of weed it’s a “major bust” and everyone will know.

Not sure what you meant when you said if you have some legit prescribed vials and ur mail gets searched it won’t be a big deal? Isn’t it still just as hairy to order from an ugl even if ur prescribed?

Generally speaking a few bottles even ugl is at the worst Probation.

Just to clarify bro cause I don’t want to mislead you. The prescription will only cover you with the vials your prescribed. If your caught with UG vials your still toast. Doesn’t matter if they are test or not. Just always hide your UG shit and keep the prescription shit on display as of your doing nothing wrong. That’s what saved my ass in a hotel room once. Police came to my room and the first thing they saw from the door were syringes in one of my opened bags. Ofcourse they started searching but once they saw the prescription bottle of test they backed off and eventually left. Thankfully because of the prescription they didn’t find the Tabs and other oils I was using. That’s about the only thing it was good for but still good to have.

Just to clarify bro cause I don’t want to mislead you. The prescription will only cover you with the vials your prescribed. If your caught with UG vials your still toast. Doesn’t matter if they are test or not. Just always hide your UG shit and keep the prescription shit on display as of your doing nothing wrong. That’s what saved my ass in a hotel room once. Police came to my room and the first thing they saw from the door were syringes in one of my opened bags. Ofcourse they started searching but once they saw the prescription bottle of test they backed off and eventually left. Thankfully because of the prescription they didn’t find the Tabs and other oils I was using. That’s about the only thing it was good for but still good to have.

Ya I get that 100%. I just figured I’d there’s anything I can do to minimize the risk associated with stepping into this lifestyle then it’s 150% worth it. I was even thinking I’d keep my empty prescription vials and transfer ugl product into them... I’m extremely paranoid when it comes getting in trouble. I take my life very seriously now that I have kids.

I recently saw my doc after labs and he referred me to an endocrinologist. The endocrinologist said I had two choices... cream daily or a shot in the office once every two weeks. He said goal was to get me in mid range. What a joke. I said no thank you and will try self TRT with annual doc labs and my own labs. I am looking to get a coach.

Bro I certainly don’t know your whole situation nor do I want to. I’m just gonna give you some food for thought and be as real as possible because after listening to more of your posts it sounds to me like maybe a cycle isn’t right for you at this moment. Using AAS is a lifestyle choice. Your doing the right thing by asking questions and gathering info but if your gonna take illegal substances you kinda have to be willing to accept whatever consequences come with that if any. I have to change my original statement and say in your position based on what I’ve read your better off just taking whatever they prescribe you and staying away from buying anything UGL. Gear isn’t a magic pill that will make you grow unless your 100% committed to the lifestyle. That means diet and exercise and yes taking calculated risks. I can’t imagine anyone giving 100% living in constant fear of having a few extra vials of whatever lying around. Steroids are illegal and unfortunately given the right circumstances you very well could go to jail for having them and trust me it would definitely make the news. AAS isn’t for everyone but that’s ok.

Ya I get that 100%. I just figured I’d there’s anything I can do to minimize the risk associated with stepping into this lifestyle then it’s 150% worth it. I was even thinking I’d keep my empty prescription vials and transfer ugl product into them... I’m extremely paranoid when it comes getting in trouble. I take my life very seriously now that I have kids.

Bro I certainly don’t know your whole situation nor do I want to. I’m just gonna give you some food for thought and be as real as possible because after listening to more of your posts it sounds to me like maybe a cycle isn’t right for you at this moment. Using AAS is a lifestyle choice. Your doing the right thing by asking questions and gathering info but if your gonna take illegal substances you kinda have to be willing to accept whatever consequences come with that if any. I have to change my original statement and say in your position based on what I’ve read your better off just taking whatever they prescribe you and staying away from buying anything UGL. Gear isn’t a magic pill that will make you grow unless your 100% committed to the lifestyle. That means diet and exercise and yes taking calculated risks. I can’t imagine anyone giving 100% living in constant fear of having a few extra vials of whatever lying around. Steroids are illegal and unfortunately given the right circumstances you very well could go to jail for having them and trust me it would definitely make the news. AAS isn’t for everyone but that’s ok.

He could hide them in his shed? They will never look there.

TBH this fucking government makes it this way.... ppl using ugl. Living in fear.

For what? Bc they want to look better??

Meanwhile they legalize drugs that only make you high. Lazy.

Well I’ve taking many risks in my life some that have actually landed me in jail, so I’m no angel but I’m just at a point in my life where I need much more careful about how I would approach such situations... doesn’t mean it’s not for me.

I’ve been training naturally on/off since HS (excluding one cycle in my early days) I am most definitely ready for this. Nothing wrong with a healthy fear of the consequences people who have no fear walking into something that could potentially have detrimental consequences are usually the people that take stupid risks and win stupid prizes... that won’t be me.

Get Shredded!
He could hide them in his shed? They will never look there.

TBH this fucking government makes it this way.... ppl using ugl. Living in fear.

For what? Bc they want to look better??

Meanwhile they legalize drugs that only make you high. Lazy.

To bounce off that thought. Ya it’s really nobodies business who wants to put what in their fucking body, period...

You can have marijuana delivered to your door (and a doctors note) but can’t take a pill to make you feel/look better.

d05283dc13ffb6453e529c137f03f44a.jpg

I recently saw my doc after labs and he referred me to an endocrinologist. The endocrinologist said I had two choices... cream daily or a shot in the office once every two weeks. He said goal was to get me in mid range. What a joke. I said no thank you and will try self TRT with annual doc labs and my own labs. I am looking to get a coach.

Damn I hope that’s not what my doc tries to pull on me on Monday. If I’m paying him out of pocket least he can do is give me a decent dose and get my levels in the high side of the reference range...

Honestly though if that’s what I have to do to get my name on a couple vials then that’s what I’m gonna do.

Just makes it look so much less sketchy and then you have a reason as to why you have pins and what not...

If you look around enough you can find a doctor that will work with you. My doctor fills a script for me maybe once a year. Since i use a little more then he prescribes, I get else where which he knows and he monitors my blood work twice a year. If i try something new he will answer any questions i have before i try it even if he can’t prescribe it. I am open and honest with what i use and he has been more than helpful the entire time.

If you are self treating for HRT which Test is best to use?

I see adverts often for mail in blood work. I assume these are just clinics looking to sell HRT. Are the blood tests they send sufficient to really show true panel results?

If you look around enough you can find a doctor that will work with you. My doctor fills a script for me maybe once a year. Since i use a little more then he prescribes, I get else where which he knows and he monitors my blood work twice a year. If i try something new he will answer any questions i have before i try it even if he can’t prescribe it. I am open and honest with what i use and he has been more than helpful the entire time.

After my appointment yesterday I’m starting feel like he might be one of those Drs. When he asked what I’m looking to get out of this therapy I just straight up told him “mass”. Then when I asked him what levels we are aiming to hit I was taken back a bit by how high he had mentioned (don’t remember exactly). I didn’t tell him I was about to start a cycle because I didn’t want to ruin my chance to get a script before I even got a vial.

I guess we’ll see what he says at my quarterly follow up when my levels are through the roof. Might have not choice but to be straight with him at that point and if he cuts me loose so be it.

What kind of doses is your dr prescribing you? So he just writes one script with enough refills for the year, is that correct?

After my appointment yesterday I’m starting feel like he might be one of those Drs. When he asked what I’m looking to get out of this therapy I just straight up told him “mass”. Then when I asked him what levels we are aiming to hit I was taken back a bit by how high he had mentioned (don’t remember exactly). I didn’t tell him I was about to start a cycle because I didn’t want to ruin my chance to get a script before I even got a vial.

I guess we’ll see what he says at my quarterly follow up when my levels are through the roof. Might have not choice but to be straight with him at that point and if he cuts me loose so be it.

What kind of doses is your dr prescribing you? So he just writes one script with enough refills for the year, is that correct?

Curious what plan your doc put you on, or are you still debating?

If you are self treating for HRT which Test is best to use?

I see adverts often for mail in blood work. I assume these are just clinics looking to sell HRT. Are the blood tests they send sufficient to really show true panel results?

Test E or C.

I spoke with a few clinics about the labs they prescribe and they were comparable to what I would order myself. IMO clinics charge a lot and don’t offer much (except for the script of course). Doing self TRT and either getting looked after by a knowledgeable doctor or doing your own labs and having a coach is the way to go.

By Doctors script I run 250mg test c every 5 days. After about a year i found that is what makes me feel the best with just basic trt. The script is for 6 months but i havent filled it in about a year. I get it else where for cheaper and I run a little more which they are aware of. Every 6 months i have blood work done which they review and let me know if they see any issues. I will fill the script here soon just to have it in the closet if its needed for any reason.

I have been getting TRT from my regular doc for 6-7 years. Prior to that, I went to a clinic in another state that got me prescriptions and labs. The clinic was good when I did it 7 years ago. Labs, quality gear, support meds, PCT, everything. It was a little expensive but I felt great. The cost was the reason I went to my regular doc.

Going through my current doc is cheap though I am limited to 200mg test c 1x every two weeks. No support meds. No cycling off so obviously no PCT.
Bonus, its free and initially, my results were pretty good. Biggest downside, I feel it just isn't doing much any more. Testicular atrophy is pronounced enough that my gf noticed it. (Will recover from the ego damage :)
I feel my cells are desensitized and I'm really looking forward to PCT

I just contacted the clinic again but they are insanely expensive now. They said they can only use name brand HCG and it is now inflated about 400% from the last time I bought 7 years ago. Not sustainable long term but I am probably going to go through them for PCT since I'm not familiar with current sources and I don't want to deal with long shipping times or possible scams.
I plan on stockpiling my test so I can up my dosage after I complete PCT. I also plan to get support meds from the clinic when I restart TRT. I may augment with Anavar as well, since they offer it (also insanely priced I think, tho I don't really know what shit goes for rn)
Luckily, my primary doc only has me do labs 1/year and I can schedule several weeks in advance so I don't think they will figure anything out. I can also view the labs online before I see the doc. If my levels are still elevated, I will say I had just pinned. If they are low, I can say I was going to pin after the labs. Its a little bit of a game.

My plan is to use the clinic until I have a little better knowledge base. Then find a cheaper source to self treat as a cheaper option. I plan to continue TRT through my doc as long as its still available. I think I will also have the clinic review my labs at 3 or 6 months (maybe both) to see how things look. Those labs will not be shared with my regular doc.
Hope that helps

Back