• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs Super 1-Andro Cream® A Transermal 1-Andro - On Sale $59.99!🔥

Straps or No Straps

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
In this video I am discussing what the benefits I have found over the years to using straps is over not using straps. I show you a unique and proper way to wear a strap, and give you basic fundamentals as to how this will allow you to develop more strength and muscle using these techniques.

Straps help me tremendously as far as forearm pumps and wrist pain go. I only use them for certain heavier lifts tho. Otherwise I use wrist bands to keep from straining my wrists.

sometimes the pain gets unbearable.

Great video. I personally wear straps for all pull exercises but know the idea of training with them is a little controversial...

Yes on heavy lifts and exercises. They help you get those reps you couldn’t get with out them because your grip fails!

Nice learning video! I definitely use straps at one point, my hands cannot hold the weight I am doing and I can concentrate on control/form. Definitely helps w many exercises. They have many types of equipment to assist in lifting. I have heard people criticize or praise certain implements. I take advantage of anything that can move me forward. I compare it to using a smith machine over free weights; some times you need to take advantage of what may help you lift heavier and/or smarter. Looking good Wesley

Max

I only used straps for snatch grip high pulls and front squats, but when bent over rows got over 300 I could tell when I needed to start focusing on grip strength again

Straps help me tremendously as far as forearm pumps and wrist pain go. I only use them for certain heavier lifts tho. Otherwise I use wrist bands to keep from straining my wrists.

sometimes the pain gets unbearable.

That's where I'm at right there, genetically my forearms always get pumped. Ultimately I have to resort to straps but that's mostly towards the end of my lifts.
I find them mostly necessary when doing dumbbell shrugs or rack pulls. And occasionally wide grip pulldowns if I'm going heavy.

I get plenty of grip strength training in my hours in the gym, so yeah, straps for lat exercises. Why give up the huge extra volume for a little extra grip strength?

(not talking about strength competition, which I don't know anything about)

I don't use straps, but those versa-grips are awesome!

Back