Pinning locations.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Rep Points

Pinning locations.

I need a little advice on pinning location rotation. I usually stick to shots in the ass but I feel like I need to rotate and start using a different spot. I am completely against using quads , every time I try I hit a nerve or something and it goes bad every time. So my question is where is the easiest spot to pin (other than the ass) that has as little nerves as possible( in your opinion) I have gotten some needle freight recently from pinning in the quad and hitting a nerve a couple times so now I feel like every time I take a shot Iím gonna hit a nerve. Or is it completely fine to use pin only in the ass. I take test and deca three times a week. Thank you fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points

I pin my shoulders with a 28g 1/2" slin pin some oils may take alittle longer but no pain

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I pin my shoulders with a 28g 1/2" slin pin some oils may take alittle longer but no pain

Thatís another issue Iím having. Iíve never had issues before but since hitting that nerve I second guess everything when it comes to pinning. I use 1-1/2Ē for my ass but what length for where ? 1/2Ē for delts? My sister who is a nurse tells me 1Ē is perfect for delts but man that seems long like Iíll hit a bone. I sound like a rookie but Iíve been doing this for years , never was concerned , hitting that nerve fucked me up. I super freaked out about it now. Like Iím gonna hit a nerve or go too deep and hit bone. I used to pin my pecs and biceps and quads like it was nothing. Now Iím scared as shit to try those places

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JamJam View Post
    Thatís another issue Iím having. Iíve never had issues before but since hitting that nerve I second guess everything when it comes to pinning. I use 1-1/2Ē for my ass but what length for where ? 1/2Ē for delts? My sister who is a nurse tells me 1Ē is perfect for delts but man that seems long like Iíll hit a bone. I sound like a rookie but Iíve been doing this for years , never was concerned , hitting that nerve fucked me up. I super freaked out about it now. Like Iím gonna hit a nerve or go too deep and hit bone. I used to pin my pecs and biceps and quads like it was nothing. Now Iím scared as shit to try those places

1/2Ē to 5/8Ē is fine for delts unless you have a deep layer of fat for some reason. 1Ē is fine for glutes. Just inject slow and you shouldnít have any issues with it not going into the muscle. Slin pins work great for delts.

Place index finger on bottom of shoulder bone. Inject 2-3 fingers down from that dead center of anterior delt.

I also use traps. Easy to hit with a slin pin. Aim for the middle, not the neck side of the muscle. If itís a compound that gives PIP donít pin the traps as itíll give you a stiff neck for days.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,278 Posts
    Rep Points

Have someone pin you, like this:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rep Points

Lats are a pretty pain free easy injection site as long as you can reach them comfortably

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Rep Points

Try 27g pin ... delts, glutes, and vg are painless. I also do chest, bis, and tris. I hate quads, always seem to hit nerves and old scar tissue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by lifter6973 View Post
    Have someone pin you, like this:

I tried that one myself. Couldnít see for a few days and the pip was terrible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts
    Rep Points

I really like pecs for .5ml and under with 1/2" 28 or 29 gauge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points

Don't even sweat it 1/2" is fine for delts i also do it in my qauds never had an issue theres no fat so it go directly into the muscle

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,424 Posts
    Rep Points

I need a little advice on pinning location rotation. I usually stick to shots in the ass but I feel like I need to rotate and start using a different spot. I am completely against using quads , every time I try I hit a nerve or something and it goes bad every time. So my question is where is the easiest spot to pin (other than the ass) that has as little nerves as possible( in your opinion) I have gotten some needle freight recently from pinning in the quad and hitting a nerve a couple times so now I feel like every time I take a shot Iím gonna hit a nerve. Or is it completely fine to use pin only in the ass. I take test and deca three times a week. Thank you fellas

Nerves are everywhere.

You can pin in the Glutes of course. But scar tissue does build up...so rotating sites helps reduce the amount.

Personally, I rotate shoulders, glutes and quads. Using 1 inch 25 gauge. Which is pretty standard.

Just re-check you injection site online for where to place on the quads...and you can move it around some too. Maybe you need to move further up the leg? IDK.

Shoulders are fine with 1 inch needles. IMO you will have more trouble injecting too much oil in the shoulder. I can't exceed more then 2 ml.

Worst case, just do glutes and shoulders.

PPl do chest, calves, pecs. I just have heard problems with these areas. But I suppose some trial and error if you want to be brave? I am not that brave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

I rotate delts with glutes. Fuck quads, I've tried different oils and pins and heat/no heat and my quads swell up bad for 2-3 days. I tried 1/2" 27G for delts and one ended up with a decent knot on it for a couple days... probably unrelated or I did something pushing on the plunger like a gorilla. I just don't like trying to smash oil thru that small of a pin though so I just use 23G 1" for everything. Inject slow and rub it down a bit after and have very little PIP

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,424 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by implicitnewt View Post
    I rotate delts with glutes. Fuck quads, I've tried different oils and pins and heat/no heat and my quads swell up bad for 2-3 days. I tried 1/2" 27G for delts and one ended up with a decent knot on it for a couple days... probably unrelated or I did something pushing on the plunger like a gorilla. I just don't like trying to smash oil thru that small of a pin though so I just use 23G 1" for everything. Inject slow and rub it down a bit after and have very little PIP
    Did you go from 27g to 23g??

Why not do 25g which is in between. Definitely more scar tissue going to build at 23g. But if it works for you then I suppose all good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Rep Points

Iím not even sure what gage I use. I think 23. Which now seems huge , maybe I need to go down in needle size and stop over thinking this. I cringe now thinking about going in quads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,437 Posts
    Rep Points

VG

25g 5/8 pin

youíll thank me later.