• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Red cell donation

checkfire

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have an appointment to give a double blood cell donation. However my hematocrit is just over the high end. I understand they do a quick check of your blood just before the donation which includes hematocrit. My question is will my high hematocrit disqualify me from donating blood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. I am not sure the "threshold" where they turn you away. The normal Hb level for males is 14 to 18 g/dl.
Mine was at 18 one time and One Blood didn't turn me away. For some reason I think 20 is the cutoff.

Not necessarily. I am not sure the "threshold" where they turn you away. The normal Hb level for males is 14 to 18 g/dl.
Mine was at 18 one time and One Blood didn't turn me away. For some reason I think 20 is the cutoff.

20 sounds about right on this end as well, I remember giving when mine was at 18.

can only do the power red every 14 weeks, which is not often enough. I wound up at 19.7 after Red Cross canceled a drive, and had to do phlebotomy at the trt clinic. Im thinking power red (double ) every 14 with a regular (single) in between?

Back