Can we get a general consensus on training certain body parts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Newbie


    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    9

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    2007170

    Can we get a general consensus on training certain body parts?

    So calves and abs. Ive been told no point in training them and then told to train them 4 times a week or more. What gives?

    Is it really necessary to train abs if working every other body part well? If it is necessary, how much?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,881

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,849
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,486
    Thanked in
    3,011 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    You're never going to get a consensus. Everyone has their own thoughts and everyone probably responds different to training.

    When I never do abs, my core tends to get a little weak. When I get back to training I'm going to throw in a little ab work once a week. Maybe twice.

    Calves are the same way. Mine seem to respond better to moderate volume with very high intensity and extreme stretching. Some guys do them every day the train.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    CompoundLifts31's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,209

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,757
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,595
    Thanked in
    2,592 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    You're never going to get a consensus. Everyone has their own thoughts and everyone probably responds different to training.

    When I never do abs, my core tends to get a little weak. When I get back to training I'm going to throw in a little ab work once a week. Maybe twice.

    Calves are the same way. Mine seem to respond better to moderate volume with very high intensity and extreme stretching. Some guys do them every day the train.
    I do abs and calves a lot. Why not train them is my question?

    I do abs 4x per week, but I am trying to get abs lol. If you're not on juice, this probably would be 2-3x pw.

    Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    101

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rep Points
    290100

    Comes down to the individual, I know guys who have great calves and never trained them once in their life. Same for abs. For others we need to work those body parts in order to make them look good.

    Eod training for calves seems to work well for a lot of people. For me, my calves get terribly sore and that method only seemed to make me walk around funny everyday. Moral of the story, figure out what volume and frequency you can recover and progress from and go from there.

  5. #5
    Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    9

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    100

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellkell26 View Post
    So calves and abs. Ive been told no point in training them and then told to train them 4 times a week or more. What gives?

    Is it really necessary to train abs if working every other body part well? If it is necessary, how much?
    Itís a bit weird as the weekly schedule that works for someone can not work for someone else. Different bodies, different challenges, etc.

    Talking about hypertrophyc I came to an understanding that for results any muscle group should be trained at least twice per week and also around 2-3 days to recover them.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    CompoundLifts31's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,209

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,757
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,595
    Thanked in
    2,592 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterTer View Post
    Itís a bit weird as the weekly schedule that works for someone can not work for someone else. Different bodies, different challenges, etc.

    Talking about hypertrophyc I came to an understanding that for results any muscle group should be trained at least twice per week and also around 2-3 days to recover them.
    48 hours is enough time with proper sleep and nutrition.

    Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Newbie


    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    9

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    2007170

    So I guess I'm going to train them 2-3 times a week time permitting. How long do you spend on them? Calves I spend about 20 mins and abs about 10-15. I feel thats all thats really needed.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    CompoundLifts31's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,209

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,757
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,595
    Thanked in
    2,592 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellkell26 View Post
    So I guess I'm going to train them 2-3 times a week time permitting. How long do you spend on them? Calves I spend about 20 mins and abs about 10-15. I feel thats all thats really needed.
    4 sets will do the job if you're going to failure or close to failure.

    Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,881

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,849
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,486
    Thanked in
    3,011 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by CompoundLifts31 View Post
    I do abs and calves a lot. Why not train them is my question?

    I do abs 4x per week, but I am trying to get abs lol. If you're not on juice, this probably would be 2-3x pw.

    Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk
    Yeah mine get super thick when I work them too much. Especially on gear and GH. They definitely pop more though

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,881

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,849
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,486
    Thanked in
    3,011 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by CompoundLifts31 View Post
    4 sets will do the job if you're going to failure or close to failure.

    Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk
    Yeah you start going beyond this with abs and it'll negatively affect your training. At least for me

  11. #11
    Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    84

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    81
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    54
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Rep Points
    2677741

    I definitely feel it in my lower back when my ab training start to slack or i get lazy with it. As for calves i honestly gave up and went to synthol injections which worked great .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    10,670

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6,668
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,496
    Thanked in
    4,479 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Train em if you want

    Donít train em if you donít want


    I think for strongman or powerlifting guys itís not important but for those cut dudes with them cum gutters you might wanna give her a try. Why not?

    experiment a lil

  13. #13
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    256

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    79
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    116
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Rep Points
    4830784

    Quote Originally Posted by CompoundLifts31 View Post
    I do abs and calves a lot. Why not train them is my question?

    I do abs 4x per week, but I am trying to get abs lol. If you're not on juice, this probably would be 2-3x pw.

    Sent from my LM-K300 using Tapatalk
    Bodyfat indicates whether you have abs or not. Training them directly really only goes so far lol

  14. #14
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,463

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    581
    Thanked in
    411 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Calves I do twice a week. Abs I do between 800 t0 1000 per day.

  15. #15
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    256

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    79
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    116
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Rep Points
    4830784

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    Calves I do twice a week. Abs I do between 800 t0 1000 per day.
    Lol 800 to 1000 thats a waste of time

Similar Threads

  1. ART Topic 11/29/18 Weak Body Parts
    By Montego1 in forum Training
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-30-2018, 08:13 AM
  2. Help a brotha out. Catching up lagging body parts.
    By jozifp103 in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-24-2017, 09:49 AM
  3. Body parts falling asleep
    By CalorieKiller22 in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-30-2015, 05:02 PM
  4. All Body Parts Are Not Created Equal
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 12:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2021 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums